Game of the year back in 2003?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Moving this to the right thread first.

Anyway problem I had with Freelancer was the space combat. Unless there's a mod out there to change it, they dropped the traditional flight/space sim controls and from what I recall just had you control the ship directly with the mouse. After playing Freespace 2 dog fighting like that just didn't seem very fun to me so I never got too far into the game.

No, it’s mouse controlled.

I liked Freespace 2 as well but I did get used to the control scheme in Freelancer.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Had to go with Wind Waker.

I loved KOTOR. But I played Wind Waker more. Truly is the most underrated Zelda IMO.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
KOTOR or Freelancer? Freelancer or KOTOR? KOTOR or Freelancer? Freelancer or KOTOR? KOTOR or Freelancer? Freelancer or KOTOR?

Damn I cant decide, just split my vote

Reactions: NyQuil

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I never played KOTOR. Star Wars has never been my thing, and the deeper into the lore you go the less I like it so KOTOR never appealed to me at all.

Voted Wind Walker as it’s the only one on the list I played and finished the story.

In the vast expanse of mediocre Star Wars material, KOTOR is the exception. I honestly think both games are must plays despite their flaws. First game tells a great yarn, while the second game touches upon the grey area of the force with depth, in a way The Last Jedi could not even come close to.

Reactions: SniperHF

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So 2002 list?

Some choices taking a quick glance:

Metoid Prime
GTA: Vice City
Warcraft III
Neverwinter Nights
Age of Mythology
Kingdom Hearts

Suikoden III would be a personal favourite but it probably doesn't make a general list.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Besides what RandV just posted, here are some other 2002 possibilities:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Battlefield 1942
Medieval: Total War
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Morrowind should absolutely be on the list. The rest might be included if there's room.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Eternal Darkness.

I wonder if the GC Resident Evil remake counts?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So 2002 list?

Some choices taking a quick glance:

Metoid Prime
GTA: Vice City
Warcraft III
Neverwinter Nights
Age of Mythology
Kingdom Hearts

Suikoden III would be a personal favourite but it probably doesn't make a general list.

Besides what RandV just posted, here are some other 2002 possibilities:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Battlefield 1942
Medieval: Total War
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Morrowind should absolutely be on the list. The rest might be included if there's room.

I would add Bloodrayne, Resident Evil 0, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and Metroid: Fusion.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Looking at 2002:

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast was one of the best Star Wars games ever produced IMO as far as Jedi combat goes.

Icewind Dale II also came out which was the last of the Infinity Engine D&D games.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
My list would definitely include

Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Battlefield 1942
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Time Splitters 2
Kingdom Hearts
Metroid Prime
Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
My list would definitely include

Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Battlefield 1942
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Time Splitters 2
Kingdom Hearts
Metroid Prime
Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Those are all great nominations.
I might also include Medal of Honor: Frontline, Hitman 2, Splinter Cell, Mafia, Super Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Age of Mythology, Ratchet and Clank, and Zelda: Wind Waker. Any of them are deserving to be included.

I don't think it necessarily deserves to be on the list, but James Bond 007: Nightfire was the last great Bond game IMO.

Red Faction 2 was also pretty revolutionary for its destructible environments at the time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'll get back at it later this week or next, lots of playoff crap going on :P :banghead:

The lists are helpful though so thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad