HF praises Chayka and sucks... Hate McPhee but he's killing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I think some people weren’t impressed with his tactics... It’s hard for me to pass judgement because he didn’t break any rules, the league let him bend other managers over. He did what he could to get the best players.

I’ve always thought McPhee was alright.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm happy for VGK's strong start, but the first ten games of a season are pretty meaningless.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
First 10 meaningless? Phoenix is already in a massive hole with very little chance of escaping. They will need to go what 10 games over 500 the rest of the way to make it. Not likely with a green head coach and a young roster.

Vegas will fall back but has a much better chance.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Chayka cant be judged on team performance until they are done rebuilding. I think this should be the last year of the rebuild and the team will need to start showing results next season.

Didnt like the Tocchet hire though.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
SO people defending Chayka with the "Lets talk later in the year" remarks as if the best scenario is PHX making the playoffs? Chayka makes "smart" movies but has amounted to nothing. Mcphee still took a bunch of depth players from every team and turned them into a bubble team their first season.

Lets not pretend people around here expected them to be a terrible team -immediately-. What they've done already is surprising even if its early. Sure maybe in March Vegas sucks, but that won't change the fact they show more promise already than PHX and Chayka "sucks" regardless of his moves.

Phoenix is just plain bad, again

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
HF is terrible at predicting which teams have great futures. Ignore it.
I see no great future in Arizona. OEL will leave soon as they can't afford him and will always have budgetary issues.

Reactions: Bun cook

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
If you assume ANYONE posting here is an "expert" you're going to have a bad time.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not too surprising, your average HF poster would build a team of small puck moving D and skilled forwards with no size or compete. Building a real team is likely much different in reality.
Well that's how you win in 2017 in fairness. Bergevin should take note.
It's more other reasons why they are wrong.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
HF is terrible at predicting which teams have great futures. Ignore it.
I see no great future in Arizona. OEL will leave soon as they can't afford him and will always have budgetary issues.
The OEL situation is key. Imo that was a major catalyst in Chayka being so aggressive this offseason. If OEL leaves, that could be the final straw.

But I'm inclined to believe that these early standings don't mean a lot. There's always a few hot teams to start that fall back and become bad, and vice versa, and imo in particular a team like Vegas who no one knows or has studied is a prime target for a regress once the rest of the league writes the book on them. But we will see.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The OEL situation is key. Imo that was a major catalyst in Chayka being so aggressive this offseason. If OEL leaves, that could be the final straw.

But I'm inclined to believe that these early standings don't mean a lot. There's always a few hot teams to start that fall back and become bad, and vice versa, and imo in particular a team like Vegas who no one knows or has studied is a prime target for a regress once the rest of the league writes the book on them. But we will see.

I just think they don't have the $ to keep OEL even if he somehow wanted to stay. Not everyone is happy with losing like Doan.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They will be able to afford OEL dont be dumb its more so a situation of if he believes the team can turn it around
"Don't Be Dumb"...Have you been following the Coyotees financial issues for the past 2 decades? What tells you they can afford to hand over an 8 year/80 contracts? They keep acquiring guys on LTIR to stay above the cap floor and not having to actually pay the players.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well I for one hated Chayka's offseason moves where he acquired vets in win-now moves rather than continuing with the hard rebuild for a few more seasons. I really dislike doing that too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->