HF Org Rankings Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
bb_fan said:
"Nah, we don't have that good of a crop of prospects, we should be ranked lower"

DAMN YOU!!

We have l337 pr0sp3cts coming out the ying-yang. Toivonen, Stuart, Jurcina, Morissonn, Hilbert, Huml, Zinovjev, Bergeron, all of them are future Hall of Famers!

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
One that sticks out to me as being strange is Ottawa. If Spezza wasn't counted, then I think 11 would be pretty fair. But 11 with Spezza included seems low. It just struck me as peculiar.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Ziggy Stardust said:
I personally think CHI should be where FLA is and MTL or FLA should be 2nd (and isn't Marcel Hossa still considered a prospect?).

I also think Toronto and Tampa Bay are given too much credit.

As for the Kings, I can see why they rank them so highly... they appear to have most amount of high-end prospects, although I'm not too sure if Aaron Rome should make that list, but the rest of the group make up a very deep and talented group of prospects.

I disagree on the Kings. If you are going to include Pushkarev, you should include a player drafted 10 spots in front of him. Glazachev of the Predators is a better prospect. And why is Upshall or Tootoo not listed? Especially if Rome is. They have good prospects, but there are several teams who have a better group of prospects.

And the Flyers ranking confuses me. They jump from 13th to 5th because of two first rounders? The Preds added a great draft (5 of THN's top 50, I think) and gain one spot? I think they are the equal/better of both L.A. and Philly.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Awful for the Pens.
Just compare to last year's rankings. If memory serves right, they were top 3, and have "only" added Fleury, Stone, Bissonnette, and added the development of Bartschi, Welch, Eaves, Koltsov, Talbot and many more.
They didn't lose any noticable "prospect" out of last year.
Awful, awful, awful...

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
And rightly so. His team rarely accomplishes anything and a lot of Kings prospects are pimped by everyone only to disappear. There was a time when Kings fan were having a boner the minute Lehoux was mentioned. Where is he now?

That draft where they got Steckel and Jens Karlsson. It was supposedly a triumph. Yeah, right.

Good team? What have the Kings done in the NHL under DT?

You've got flashy organizations like the Kings who are praised each and every year for having super-duper prospects. And you have quiet teams like Philly, NJ who aren't praised as much but draft and produce quality young players almost every year.

For some reasons, the Kings and DT are always praised but I rarely see any actual results. Frolov is a nice exception, although he isn't Jaromir Jagr 2 as some posters suggested two years ago.

DT has done to inprove the Kings.......we currently have the best group of propects we've ever had. Yes the kings have made tons of drafting mistakes in the past. Not the last couple of years. Lehoux was a 3rd rounder I think.....how many 3rd rounders turn out?I've seen worse......Brendl? Steckel & Karlsson were predicted long term projects and guess what that's what they are.....the Kings weren't looking for imediate 1st liners with these picks. Both are having good seasons this year too....DT has done a good job, unlike the past we currently have a legit farm system, more than 1 line that can score, and a above average goalie. I see the kings trying to do what the Sens have done......using drafting to create the core of the team down the road

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I'm excited about how high the Rangers were on that list.

to be in the top 25 is an accomplishment that Sather should be real proud os :rolleyes:

I mean it takes a genius to take a team and lower their expectations and convince his boss he's doing a good job. :dunno:

I am fully impressed by Sathers ability to see in other players what no one else can see..

:lol:

Steve Latin*

phantompenguin said:
Penguins 8? :rolleyes:

Fleury and Whitney alone make us top 3...

Besides that, the Pens best prospect after Fleury and Orpik is Welch... instead we see Sivek's name, who isn't even better than Surovy.

These rankings aren't very thorough... there should be a heuristics for balancing depth (Pens) with top-end talent (Habs).

S L

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't think the Jackets should be rated 18th, they should be rated about five or six notches lower. Having only drafted four times, the cupboard is really bare. After Leclaire, there is no goaltending (Bendera isn't going to pan out, Penner was a FA signing not a pick). The D is not looking well. Outside of Johnson and Kosmachev, there's OK and that's about it. Someone could come up and surprise, but that's about it. The forward ranks are small in size and aren't that skilled either. There are some bigs dudes like Jackman coming up, but Zherdev, Jokila, Moyzakin, etc. are all your run of the mill Euro players that aren't very big and probably don't pay too much attention to D and phyiscal play. This team seriously lacks depth in the goal, D and size among forwards. There are worse teams, but not 12 of them.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
Sorry, can anyone confirm HF actually had an influence in determining the rankings?

I dont see them at all on hockeysfuture.com. Seems to me Fox just made their own rankings and ripped the 'profiles' of the players right from the hf website.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I want a list of the people doing these lists becasue they are sick, they basicly made this list on hype alone which pisses me off, Why is Philly ranked so high?
Philly was ranked 5 :rolleyes:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
ThinkBlue said:
Sorry, can anyone confirm HF actually had an influence in determining the rankings?

I dont see them at all on hockeysfuture.com. Seems to me Fox just made their own rankings and ripped the 'profiles' of the players right from the hf website.

Exactly what I was going to say.

This, to me, isn't a very good list at all. Minnesota at #28? I would have them in the top 15, for sure. They have way better prospects than my Canucks do at #22, and I'm very willing to admit that!

Atlanta is also, far, far too low.

This list seems somewhat accurate, but a few misses really throws it off.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I don't know enough about the other systems to comment on their rankings (for all I know, other teams really outdid even the Penguins), but the only disappointing prospects in Pittsburgh aren't even prospects by HF's definition (Beech, Kraft, whoever; although Whitney had an off-year). Meanwhile, quite a few gained a lot of attention since the last ranking (Eaves, Welch, Bartschi, Christensen, Surovy, Murley, Talbot, Bissonnette). And Abid was acquired. And that's without the high picks in the latest draft.

Quite a bit improved for the Pens, but they dropped six spots.

leafaholix*

Euro said:
Glazachev is NOT a better prospect then Pushkarev. Pushkarev's upside is superior to Glazachev.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Pushkarev playing the RSL while Glazachev was demoted?
And you've seen them both play how many times?

Personally, I like Pushkarov much more then Glazachev, but I'm sure you haven't seen either play enough times to make that decision.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Euro said:
I've read enough on both of them to form an opinion though.

Like you said you like Pushkarev more. That seems to go with the majority who've watched him play.

In a situation such as this, where so little time has passed since the draft, you really have to defer to draft order on this one. Glazachev was taken 10 spots higher. That's rather significant, and, while Pushkarev has made up ground, I don't think it's fair to say he's passed, Glazachev. THN sure liked Glazachev more.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
SmokeyClause said:
In a situation such as this, where so little time has passed since the draft, you really have to defer to draft order on this one. Glazachev was taken 10 spots higher. That's rather significant, and, while Pushkarev has made up ground, I don't think it's fair to say he's passed, Glazachev. THN sure liked Glazachev more.

Glazachev probably would have gone higher if not for his rep as one of the worst divers seen in awhile.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Sir Ozzie X said:
Glazachev probably would have gone higher if not for his rep as one of the worst divers seen in awhile.

Yes, agreed. THN said he was one of the top snipers in the draft but feel because he isn't a speedster and he dives like Nederost (j/k). Hopefully, we can ween the diving out of his game.

By they way nice Avatar. Expect to see some retaliation from the good side on this one :D

Goallum

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
ThinkBlue said:

I guess that's why it says "Proud provider to FoxSports.com" on HF's front page. :rolleyes:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I want a list of the people doing these lists becasue they are sick, they basicly made this list on hype alone which pisses me off, Why is Philly ranked so high?

Pitkanen - possibly the highest ranked prospect in the world
Vandermeer
Woywitka
Carter
Richards
Sharp
Ruzicka
Fraser

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ziggy Stardust said:
Yeah I know, the Stars should be top ten easily right? :rolleyes:

What are you a blind moron? Where did I say they would?

Pathetic, I can't call it a horrible list simply because your precious Kings are #1?

There are lots of teams I disagree with, including the one of the Stars, where they didn't even include the Stars current top prospect. Their system continues to get no respect what so ever, but I'm fine with it as long as we consistantly prove them wrong (Turco, Morrow, Kapanen, Ott, Miettinen).

Personally, I have the Stars between 15 and 20. But there are more I strongly disagree with, I wouldn't have posted much if it were just the Stars.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If I'm a blind moron, I guess that makes you a blind, ignorant homer who keeps trying to convince everyone on these board how much great depth the Stars have, and how better their defense is compared to last season... yeah right... I take what you say with very high regard.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ziggy Stardust said:
If I'm a blind moron, I guess that makes you a blind, ignorant homer who keeps trying to convince everyone on these board how much great depth the Stars have, and how better their defense is compared to last season... yeah right... I take what you say with very high regard.

Yes you are a blind f'n moron since I've never said the things you claimed I did. If so, back them up with actual facts or links, or God knows how 11 year olds try that these days.

Untill then, you're still a blind f'n moron with the iq of a wet brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad