HF Org Rankings Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I personally think CHI should be where FLA is and MTL or FLA should be 2nd (and isn't Marcel Hossa still considered a prospect?).

I also think Toronto and Tampa Bay are given too much credit.

As for the Kings, I can see why they rank them so highly... they appear to have most amount of high-end prospects, although I'm not too sure if Aaron Rome should make that list, but the rest of the group make up a very deep and talented group of prospects.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ziggy Stardust said:
I personally think CHI should be where FLA is and MTL or FLA should be 2nd (and isn't Marcel Hossa still considered a prospect?).

I also think Toronto and Tampa Bay are given too much credit.

As for the Kings, I can see why they rank them so highly... they appear to have most amount of high-end prospects, although I'm not too sure if Aaron Rome should make that list, but the rest of the group make up a very deep and talented group of prospects.

No matter. The Kings also have Anshakov and Petiot that didn't make the Kings top 10 list. They are both blue chip prospects. They should have made the Kings top 10 list.

leafaholix*

If the Nolan deal wouldn't have been made, the Leafs would possibly be in the top 12.

19's not that bad, especially since most of those guys on the list are on their way up to the NHL within the next year. They also forgot Kondratiev.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
19's not that bad, especially since most of those guys on the list are on their way up to the NHL within the next year. They also forgot Kondratiev.

I think 19 is pretty good. If you think about it, when was the last time the leafs had a pick higher than 19? It was Coliacovo in 2001. And before that it was Antropov in 1998.

thestonedkoala

WTF?

Wild at 28?!

Come on!

Errr I can't exactly remember numbers.

But still it shows that Fox Sports and HF doesn't know WTF they are talking about.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
thestonedkoala said:
WTF?

Wild at 28?!

Come on!

Errr I can't exactly remember numbers.

But still it shows that Fox Sports and HF doesn't know WTF they are talking about.

It's just someone's opinion. Don't worry too much about it. ;)

Wasn't there another publication last year that had us at #2 behind the Senators?

thestonedkoala

^ They don't even list Harding, Brust, or O'Sullivan for God's sake! AUGH!

And yes I believe in other publications we were pretty high up.

leafaholix*

Patrick O'Sullivan's not a bad prospect, but he sure as hell isn't a sure fire NHL'er.

He won't make or break the Wild's ranking.

thestonedkoala

Still Minnesota got two solid players in that draft and O'Sullivan can be another huge offensive weapon for the Wild to utilize. He is also playing solid defense.

I don't mind leaving O'Sullivan off but HARDING? COME ON!

Also it could be argued that no prospect is a sure fire NHLer.

leafaholix*

thestonedkoala said:
Still Minnesota got two solid players in that draft and O'Sullivan can be another huge offensive weapon for the Wild to utilize. He is also playing solid defense.
Minnesota.... offense......... lol.

thestonedkoala

That's why O'Sullivan is important. We don't have very many snipers in our prospect ranking and O'Sullivan is pretty good.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
go pierre hedin said:
Minnesota.... offense......... lol.

Because after 3 seasons in the NHL a team's character is set once and for all, whether or not they've actually had a chance to get their prospects playing yet or not, right? ;)

leafaholix*

ceber said:
Because after 3 seasons in the NHL a team's character is set once and for all, whether or not they've actually had a chance to get their prospects playing yet or not, right? ;)
As long as Lemaire's in town, that team will be playing the defensive game.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
go pierre hedin said:
As long as Lemaire's in town, that team will be playing the defensive game.

And? (meaning, what does that have to do with the quality of the Wild's prospects?)

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
Kings #1 :bow: It surprises me how people can talk about how Dave Taylors doing a bad job when we got a great group of prospects and a good team on the ice. I'v seen people talk poopoo on DT before. :)

Hockey Moose

Malakian#13 said:
Kings #1 :bow: It surprises me how people can talk about how Dave Taylors doing a bad job when we got a great group of prospects and a good team on the ice. I'v seen people talk poopoo on DT before. :)

not anymore!

now the Kings should add a few goalie prospects, & also a few more d-men...they are really buidling a awesome team & everyone is taking notice!

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Malakian#13 said:

And rightly so. His team rarely accomplishes anything and a lot of Kings prospects are pimped by everyone only to disappear. There was a time when Kings fan were having a boner the minute Lehoux was mentioned. Where is he now?

That draft where they got Steckel and Jens Karlsson. It was supposedly a triumph. Yeah, right.

Good team? What have the Kings done in the NHL under DT?

You've got flashy organizations like the Kings who are praised each and every year for having super-duper prospects. And you have quiet teams like Philly, NJ who aren't praised as much but draft and produce quality young players almost every year.

For some reasons, the Kings and DT are always praised but I rarely see any actual results. Frolov is a nice exception, although he isn't Jaromir Jagr 2 as some posters suggested two years ago.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Anyone notice how fans of each team are demanding that their prospects be ranked higher? I'm still waiting for the one honest fan to come out and say "Nah, we don't have that good of a crop of prospects, we should be ranked lower"

out,

Captain Obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad