HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This package deal is actually quite enticing. 5 premier games at only $360 a ticket for the mezzanine section. The $72 a game is worth it for the non season ticket holder because they will probably spend way more than $72 for the Elias game and ranger gm for a mezzanine seat. These kind of packages are exactly what they should be pushing and you said it yourself, "smart from a business perspective." It is.

Also you act like "sitting through 4 other games" is a chore. These are good games.

You've drank the cool-aid. He's right. They may as well call it the "Extortion package" - did the same thing last year, though for Marty the demand was much higher. If Elias tickets stay stratospheric, you may end up being right, but keep in mind not everyone wishes to play armchair ticket scalper on Stubhub.

Also, not everyone wants to attend Rangers games. I, for one, have been to enough of those **** shows to last a lifetime, and when I was a STH eventually grew disgusted with fist-fights in the stands, the 20 meter beer tossing events, cursing in front of 6 year old children, etc....., and used to sell mine off.

Lastly, and most brutally, I would challenge whether the Devils in their current form will be playing many "good games" at all next year; this is not a playoff team. :cry:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Eh I kind of agree with RR, the five-game package actually wasn't as prohibitive as I was expecting (although they'll no doubt only have a handful of tickets available in the $72 sections). Granted it probably would still cost slightly less if you just bought all five games off StubHub - maybe $150-200 for Patty night, $75-85 for the Ranger game and $25-30 for the rest but that's just approximations dependent on the vagaries of the secondary market.

I don't know how smart it is to put a Ranger game in there though, more enticing to buy for sure and I get they're trying to limit the Ranger fan presence in a sense but dollars to donuts half the people who buy that package might be Ranger fans who get the Ranger tickets and scalp Patty night as opposed to the other way around.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Eh I kind of agree with RR, the five-game package actually wasn't as prohibitive as I was expecting (although they'll no doubt only have a handful of tickets available in the $72 sections). Granted it probably would still cost slightly less if you just bought all five games off StubHub - maybe $150-200 for Patty night, $75-85 for the Ranger game and $25-30 for the rest but that's just approximations dependent on the vagaries of the secondary market.

I don't know how smart it is to put a Ranger game in there though, more enticing to buy for sure and I get they're trying to limit the Ranger fan presence in a sense but dollars to donuts half the people who buy that package might be Ranger fans who get the Ranger tickets and scalp Patty night as opposed to the other way around.

I really highly doubt there are going to be any Rangers fans who buy this package just to get tickets that one game and go through the work of selling all the other tickets.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You've drank the cool-aid. He's right. They may as well call it the "Extortion package" - did the same thing last year, though for Marty the demand was much higher. If Elias tickets stay stratospheric, you may end up being right, but keep in mind not everyone wishes to play armchair ticket scalper on Stubhub.

Also, not everyone wants to attend Rangers games. I, for one, have been to enough of those **** shows to last a lifetime, and when I was a STH eventually grew disgusted with fist-fights in the stands, the 20 meter beer tossing events, cursing in front of 6 year old children, etc....., and used to sell mine off.

Lastly, and most brutally, I would challenge whether the Devils in their current form will be playing many "good games" at all next year; this is not a playoff team. :cry:

Honestly I don't think the rivalry has been that heated in the stands since the Meadowlands. I think that has more to do with social media and people knowing they are being recorded at basically all times though.

Back in the Meadowlands I remember brawls between fans and security happening a lot more often when the Rangers and Flyers came in to play.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I really highly doubt there are going to be any Rangers fans who buy this package just to get tickets that one game and go through the work of selling all the other tickets.

I agree, though I also agree with his broader point that it's senseless to have put a Rangers game in there.

Unless, of course, the reality is that Patti night is not quite as in demand as we've being led to believe.

It's very difficult to genuinely know for sure prior to the tickets actually being placed on-sale, due to the current VERY limited supply of available tickets. Case-in-point, the cheapest pair is $186 on Stubhub right now! LOL, that's more than the Marty game!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

I was expecting a better post when you open up with "you've drank the kool aid", but I was wrong. Bottomline is for the average fan who attends 5-8 games a year, this package makes sense especially if you want to see the Patty game. I would agree with you if it did not include some of the highest in demand games of the season. This is a fair package.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Why is the home opener being changed to 2 PM?

Stupid decision, 7pm is ideal on a Saturday in Sept through Novembe.

NHL has to be behind this, Devils know an evening game will draw better with so much youth sports Saturday afternoons in Oct.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Bottomline is for the average fan who attends 5-8 games a year, this package makes sense

If it made sense, people would willingly buy 5 game packs freely & gladly, not because they're trying to "recover" the Elias extortion fees from a single game and/or play freelance ticket scalper. They'd simply buy a flex plan or package of games they wish to attend, not a predetermined basket of games they cant choose, and which includes a few holiday dates many people dont wish to make.

Like many fans here, I'm tired of all the reindeer games the Devils have played for about the last 20 years. Just price the dang arena properly, fill the barn, and grow the fan base already. :rant:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Stupid decision, 7pm is ideal on a Saturday in Sept through Novembe.

Really odd decision there. A head scratcher. :huh:

The most likely answer is a TV conflict. For instance, both the Rangers and Islanders also play at 7pm that night, and the Devils are the often mistreated step-child, so it could be that simple.

Or maybe there's an evening event that's about to be announced?

EDIT: Either way it stinks though. Would have been a great night of drinking and pre-gaming, but I'm not alcoholic enough to start drinking at 11am.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Saw on twitter it could be that it's 8pm in Nico's country so maybe they could somehow catch the game?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Saw on twitter it could be that it's 8pm in Nico's country so maybe they could somehow catch the game?

Zero chance that's the reason.

Neither the NHL, nor MSG, would give a ratz azz whether or not Swiss citizens could watch the game live, versus taped.

And they're certainly not accepting the lower advert rates of daytime versus primetime out of benevolent kindness.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I am going with NHL Network wanting to broadcast the first overall draft picks NHL debut (presumably).

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
The most likely answer is a TV conflict. For instance, both the Rangers and Islanders also play at 7pm that night, and the Devils are the often mistreated step-child, so it could be that simple.

Or maybe there's an evening event that's about to be announced?

EDIT: Either way it stinks though. Would have been a great night of drinking and pre-gaming, but I'm not alcoholic enough to start drinking at 11am.

I'm thrilled about the time change. Now I can take my 4 year old to the game and tell him that the Devils have the best record in the league.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

Only one I can think of (that hasn't been mentioned by others):

There is a Katy Perry concert at the arena on Sunday evening. While that was (I believe) booked before the NHL schedule came out ... is it possible that they need a few extra hours to set up what (I imagine, having never seen a concert of hers) might be a very elaborate stage/sound set-up?

Maybe someone just checked and realized that the promoter was promised the arena 24 hours before the show starts?

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Only one I can think of (that hasn't been mentioned by others):

There is a Katy Perry concert at the arena on Sunday evening. While that was (I believe) booked before the NHL schedule came out ... is it possible that they need a few extra hours to set up what (I imagine, having never seen a concert of hers) might be a very elaborate stage/sound set-up?

Maybe someone just checked and realized that the promoter was promised the arena 24 hours before the show starts?
But it was the "NHL's decision ", if it was changed due to the concert it would not be the NHL's decision.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
But it was the "NHL's decision ", if it was changed due to the concert it would not be the NHL's decision.

Sorry, did not see that it was "NHL's decision". Hard to imagine why the NHL cares ... and why they just decided now that they care.

Of course, NHL.com still shows that game at 7pm

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Holy crap. So I hadn't bothered checking ST prices in probably 3 years, and I just looked and cant believe how much my old seats would cost now. Massive price increase! :amazed:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That could be part of the reason the game is at 2 now.

I doubt it simply because the Red Bulls game was already announced when the NHL schedule came out plus there have been numerous times over the years where they both play home games at conflicting times.

I'm still happy about it though, at the worst I'll miss maybe the first 15 mins of the Red Bulls game.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm pretty annoyed they moved it up. I have to coach a football game at 11:30, don't think there is any shot I make it there by 2. I won't be able to go to the opener now.

2pm is such a crap time to play a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad