HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Been a STH for 6 years. My seat is $10 a game which is the main reason I've kept them.

Well I guess we know how they can sell out the arena despite having a terrible team. We haven't had $10 STH's since the first season or two of the Rock, and then not for years before that.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Can someone explain to me the appeal of being a ticket rep for the Devils? Is the pay even that good? I can't imagine them getting much success ever from the cold calling they do to people which btw in this day of annoying telemarketing is a huge turn off. I will admit though if I'm driving and bored I will answer their call just so I have someone to talk hockey with even though I have no intention of buying a plan. Does that make me a bad person?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Being a rep's usually a stepping stone job for bigger and better things. That's why you see such dramatic turnover (although generally not as dramatic as this offseason) and most of the reps are younger.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Being a rep's usually a stepping stone job for bigger and better things. That's why you see such dramatic turnover (although generally not as dramatic as this offseason) and most of the reps are younger.
This. These type of insde sales jobs have high turnover in almost every industry. I personally supervise a team of these type of employees and I am always dealing with someone leaving.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
This. These type of insde sales jobs have high turnover in almost every industry. I personally supervise a team of these type of employees and I am always dealing with someone leaving.

What bigger and better job do you get from ticket sales? Esp if you can't sell tickets

Wolfpac2056

Jan 3, 2015
I sent my rep an email about two weeks ago asking about where the email was that required e-sign off. Today I received this reply from Marissa.

I hope all is well! We’ve gone through a bit of a transition here with the staff – Matt is no longer with the New Jersey Devils. Due to the staffing changes, there has been a lag in sending out the digitally forms mentioned below.

I will actually be transitioning out of this department and into another department in the company as well but wanted to ensure you have all the contact information you need going forward. For questions or needs going forward, we currently have four account managers on the service team and should be fully staffed by mid-September. See the contact information of those account managers available below: Then it lists contact info for 4 reps who I guess made the cut.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I never got that email either about having to sign something new and I don't care about it so they can track me down for that if they need it.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Please,,,,, this is like the 8,385th "deal-breaker" for you in the last 5 years.

Just face it, you're a lifer. :nod:

Nah ... there have been no more than 1,000 :laugh:

The closest I came was when they raised the ticket prices 7% and tried to pass it off as no increase because it was just the sales tax. They then "backed off" by waiving it for a year (I think as a paid-in-full incentive).

PDFs are now critical because my use of the tickets has changed over the years. I became a sth when my oldest son was 3 and my youngest wasn't even born, and my dad was near retirement. Almost all games was some combination of me, my dad, and one or more of my sons. Plus, the kids loved the "skate with the team" and other sth perks.

Now, my dad is 82 (and, thankfully, still goes to a game or two with me each year), but my sons don't go too often (oldest lives in NYC, but can virtually never made a weeknight game due to work, middle one is in college in Syracuse and will be living in CT upon graduation, and youngest will be off to college (somewhere) in a year. So majority of games include a client.

A flex plan makes the most sense at this point, as then I can get anywhere from 2-4 tickets/game and don't have to deal with re-selling, etc (especially with the Devils making that more difficult).

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The closest I came was when they raised the ticket prices 7% and tried to pass it off as no increase because it was just the sales tax.

Nothing like a price increase combo'd with insulting the intelligence of your customers. :biglaugh:

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Well I guess we know how they can sell out the arena despite having a terrible team.

Exactly.. the 76ers selling out of season tickets hasn't been due to great salesmanship, it's due to cheap seats and multiple years of #1 overall draft picks giving a lot of hope.

Hope management isn't assuming they're going to sell great in Jersey based on those results.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Exactly.. the 76ers selling out of season tickets hasn't been due to great salesmanship, it's due to cheap seats and multiple years of #1 overall draft picks giving a lot of hope.

Hope management isn't assuming they're going to sell great in Jersey based on those results.

Well we're on our way to the latter. I'd welcome the former!

But yeah, it's a ridiculous calculus to think sales are going to improve here without a price slash, and with a smaller fan base to boot.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I sent my rep an email about two weeks ago asking about where the email was that required e-sign off. Today I received this reply from Marissa.

I hope all is well! We’ve gone through a bit of a transition here with the staff – Matt is no longer with the New Jersey Devils. Due to the staffing changes, there has been a lag in sending out the digitally forms mentioned below.

I will actually be transitioning out of this department and into another department in the company as well but wanted to ensure you have all the contact information you need going forward. For questions or needs going forward, we currently have four account managers on the service team and should be fully staffed by mid-September. See the contact information of those account managers available below: Then it lists contact info for 4 reps who I guess made the cut.

Great e-mail. Sorry for the delay, the rep you have been working with has been fired. I would like to help you, but I too am being fired. :dunno:

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Received an e-mail reply from Marissa...she confirmed 100% that pdf file tickets will not be generated or used this upcoming season. It is digitial or hard tickets as the choice.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The Yankees have been that way for the last couple of years. Still not a fan of having technology as the only option of a ticket because we don't have control over technology deciding to randomly screw up.

For those worried about something potentially happening at some point, never hurts to print out confirmation emails or screens of your purchase because if in the event something happens and you need to go to the box office to figure things out, at least you'll have some sort of support with the print out.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I don't understand...if I go on stubhub and buy a ticket for the home opener, what am I getting, the downloaded ticket that I print out like I always have, a digital ticket or I have to wait for it to be mailed to me meaning I have to buy days in advance.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I don't understand...if I go on stubhub and buy a ticket for the home opener, what am I getting, the downloaded ticket that I print out like I always have, a digital ticket or I have to wait for it to be mailed to me meaning I have to buy days in advance.

Don't they always list the shipping method? That said, I'm sure if the seller listed delivery as PDF, StubHub will just email you later and tell you "Yeah PDFs aren't a available so instead you get XYZ." If you've ever had an issue with StubHub, you quickly realize that they make their own rules and you're always wrong.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Don't they always list the shipping method? That said, I'm sure if the seller listed delivery as PDF, StubHub will just email you later and tell you "Yeah PDFs aren't a available so instead you get XYZ." If you've ever had an issue with StubHub, you quickly realize that they make their own rules and you're always wrong.

they do list if it's an electronic download or an actual ticket, I just was wondering if that's going to change with the team going basically, completely mobile

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
And there it is! Smart from a business perspective, force fans who want to wish Elias well to sit through four other games (although a Ranger game is included to really sweeten the pot). I'll pray individuals are available to the public tomorrow.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
And there it is! Smart from a business perspective, force fans who want to wish Elias well to sit through four other games (although a Ranger game is included to really sweeten the pot). I'll pray individuals are available to the public tomorrow.

This package deal is actually quite enticing. 5 premier games at only $360 a ticket for the mezzanine section. The $72 a game is worth it for the non season ticket holder because they will probably spend way more than $72 for the Elias game and ranger gm for a mezzanine seat. These kind of packages are exactly what they should be pushing and you said it yourself, "smart from a business perspective." It is.

Also you act like "sitting through 4 other games" is a chore. These are good games.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
This package deal is actually quite enticing. 5 premier games at only $360 a ticket for the mezzanine section. The $72 a game is worth it for the non season ticket holder because they will probably spend way more than $72 for the Elias game and ranger gm for a mezzanine seat. These kind of packages are exactly what they should be pushing and you said it yourself, "smart from a business perspective." It is.

Also you act like "sitting through 4 other games" is a chore. These are good games.

After reviewing it again, you are probably right. From a selfish persepective, I live on Long Island and try to bring my family to about three or four games as best as I can. In years past, I have been able to go to Opening Night, retirement nights, etc., simply by being able to get on as soon as they went on sale to the public. Now, since, for better or worse, this ownership seems to be a little more creative and ambitious in their ticket-selling drives, which shuts out the "single gamers" like myself.

Like I said, selfish, because in the long run, I hope they get tons of people in the building anyway they can. I'd sacrifice my happiness for the betterment of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad