HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Tell her you're offended that a joke franchise like the Sixers are calling you.

I should. This whole thing is so sloppy. We were talking about the weekend plan. Then she was telling me that the seats I saw on the website weren't really available that it wasn't updated (of course the ones I wanted were cheaper and are not available anymore even though they show as available online) then I was put on hold because her computer didn't work.

Sloppy.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So I caved and got the weekend plan. They have 6 month payment plans so I was cool with that.

Though I don't feel too excited yet. Here's the rest of our conversation:

Me: How will I receive the tickets? A card or PDF or something?

Her: I'm not sure... they are still trying to lock that down. I'll let you know once I hear something.

Me: What day of the month does my card get charged?

Her: I think it's the 15th. I'm not too sure. Oh wait I think it's the third Friday of every month. I'll let you know.

Me: My fiance was hoping that at least one team event was included in this package. Are there any perks or events?

Her: I'm not sure. They were cutting down on events to try to get people to get the full season plans... so I'm not sure... I think maybe one is included... I'll have to get back to you.

Seriously. They finally got me to cave after years of calling me and trying to get me to get a ticket package. I still feel crappy about it. I have zero information.

I was told I would be paying $204 per month for six months. My credit card just got charged $219. Is there some finance charge I didn't know about? I know I shouldn't care about $15.... but I just bought a ticket plan, was practically rushed off the phone and was given ZERO information about what I bought. I shouldn't be pissed off after buying tickets.

Last edited:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So I caved and got the weekend plan. They have 6 month payment plans so I was cool with that.

Her: I'm not sure... they are still trying to lock that down. I'll let you know once I hear something.

Her: I think it's the 15th. I'm not too sure. Oh wait I think it's the third Friday of every month. I'll let you know.

Me: My fiance was hoping that at least one team event was included in this package. Are there any perks or events?

Her: I'm not sure. They were cutting down on events to try to get people to get the full season plans... so I'm not sure... I think maybe one is included... I'll have to get back to you.

Seriously. They finally got me to cave after years of calling me and trying to get me to get a ticket package. I still feel crappy about it. I have zero information.

I was told I would be paying $204 per month for six months. My credit card just got charged $219. Is there some finance charge I didn't know about? I know I shouldn't care about $15.... but I just bought a ticket plan, was practically rushed off the phone and was given ZERO information about what I bought. I shouldn't be pissed off after buying tickets.

Just checked my account and there IS a $15 handling fee.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just checked my account and there IS a $15 handling fee.

Yeah I got the docu-sign a half hour after they charged my credit card and the fee was on there. She should have disclosed it. She gave me absolutely zero information. As soon as I gave her my credit card number she rushed me off the phone. She didn't even ask for my address or anything. My old address was on the docu-sign they sent over.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

So $204-220 For 6 months and for 2 seats? Interesting.

Where are your seats, by chance

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Has anyone requested pdf tickets? Curious if they're going to be available. We were told at the seat relocation event they would be, but there's no mention of it in the recent e-mail about season tickets.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Has anyone requested pdf tickets? Curious if they're going to be available. We were told at the seat relocation event they would be, but there's no mention of it in the recent e-mail about season tickets.

if i actually had a rep or knew who it was i would be requesting them again. it's amazing how time and time again this organization just fails constantly at this stuff.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So $204-220 For 6 months and for 2 seats? Interesting.

Where are your seats, by chance

Section 107 row 13.

Also, I e-mailed the rep two days ago asking her to clarify some things and so on. Two days later she hasn't gotten back to me. What a joke that place is.

maddenmd2020

Aug 16, 2017
Ownership is combining the Devils ticket sales office with the 76ers and moving them down to Camden/Philly. A bunch of the Devils reps were outright laid off and some were offered to keep their job if they relocated.

Not surprised they waited until a month before pre-season when the reps probably already hooked in most people for deposits on ticket plans/packages. Now I'm stuck with a 12 game plan I never would have bought if it wasn't because of the business relationship I had with my rep.

My rep took care of me for years and actually gave a **** about me and my experience at the Rock. I bought very few tickets in the aftermarket because I was comfortable going to him for tickets outside my plans.

Absolutely disgusted with ownership on this move. I won't be buying Devils tickets from some entry level 76ers employee operating out of the land of the Flyers.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When thinking about the prior ownership I'm reminded of something Ole Anderson once said to Jim Cornette: " Jim, I used to think you were a dumb **** but so many other dumb ***** have come along since then that you moved up the ladder without even trying."

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've changed reps twice in the last two years from Cori to Meredith to Tim. I didn't realize I'd changed reps again till Tim started sending me emails about various events this offseason, then I looked on the site and Meredith is no longer there. The Membership website listed Cori as my rep all of last year and probably still does even though that's now two reps ago :laugh:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Ownership is combining the Devils ticket sales office with the 76ers and moving them down to Camden/Philly. A bunch of the Devils reps were outright laid off and some were offered to keep their job if they relocated.

Not surprised they waited until a month before pre-season when the reps probably already hooked in most people for deposits on ticket plans/packages. Now I'm stuck with a 12 game plan I never would have bought if it wasn't because of the business relationship I had with my rep.

My rep took care of me for years and actually gave a **** about me and my experience at the Rock. I bought very few tickets in the aftermarket because I was comfortable going to him for tickets outside my plans.

Absolutely disgusted with ownership on this move. I won't be buying Devils tickets from some entry level 76ers employee operating out of the land of the Flyers.

My rep took a job with an e-sports franchise owned by Harris and his group and I haven't heard anything since in regards to a new rep.

I don't understand moving the sales team to Camden besides proximity to the 76ers. So a rep getting paid $30K is going to have to drive from Camden to Newark 44 times a year to work nights on the concourse sales tables?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
How about a positive post?

I have been a season ticket holder for 7 years. Never had a problem with anything. I have had 5 different reps and they were all great. I have never been given bad customer service.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I like a lot of things that TNR has done with Biz Ops

But, outsourcing/combining telesales with the Sixers is an absolute horrendous decision that won't be successful.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
It may very well be cheaper for them to run things in a combined manner which is why they could be doing it. Doesn't mean it's a smart move in the full scheme of things, and it isn't, but this is par for the course with these guys, cutting costs where they can in sacrifice of a better overall product in the area of focus - one recent example being moving Albany to Binghampton. Better facilities/etc in Albany, but cheaper to conduct the team in Binghamton.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It may very well be cheaper for them to run things in a combined manner which is why they could be doing it. Doesn't mean it's a smart move in the full scheme of things, and it isn't, but this is par for the course with these guys, cutting costs where they can in sacrifice of a better overall product in the area of focus - one recent example being moving Albany to Binghampton. Better facilities/etc in Albany, but cheaper to conduct the team in Binghamton.

The AHL move was wise.
Albany arena may be better but the team didn't have first dibs for practice ice time like they will in Bingo.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

I 100% agree with you. I have immediate buyer's remorse about the 12 game package I bought. As I've posted, my rep had no information and no answers. Didn't ask me for anything other than my credit card number. Then rushed me off the phone, didn't disclose a fee to me, and has not answered the e-mail I sent two days ago about how disappointed I am..... also an edit: I've tried to call the sales office today.... It rings a bunch and then I get an answering machine. I honestly feel like I'm dealing with a used car dealership right now.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
How about a positive post?

I have been a season ticket holder for 7 years. Never had a problem with anything. I have had 5 different reps and they were all great. I have never been given bad customer service.

I'm glad that's your experience. I've heard longtime season ticket holders that are really upset with how things are going lately. New customers seems to be the area they are really screwing up.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I 100% agree with you. I have immediate buyer's remorse about the 12 game package I bought. As I've posted, my rep had no information and no answers. Didn't ask me for anything other than my credit card number. Then rushed me off the phone, didn't disclose a fee to me, and has not answered the e-mail I sent two

days ago about how disappointed I am..... also an edit: I've tried to call the sales office today.... It rings a bunch and then I get an answering machine. I honestly feel like I'm dealing with a used car dealership right now.

Not to excuse poor customer service, but did you have to purchase on that exact day or could you have waited until you received answers ?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Not to excuse poor customer service, but did you have to purchase on that exact day or could you have waited until you received answers ?

The first and only question she asked me was "what's your credit card number" and I gave it to her which is absolutely my fault. I should have asked the questions first. I just didn't expect the conversation to be over immediately. I'm talking to Steve Romano now and he's fantastic. This girl also did not give me my account information and how to sign in and view invoices and stuff like that. She completely screwed up the payment schedule and the numbers. My payments were supposed to be $204 per month which I paid the first month Monday. My account was scheduled to be charged $173 on Friday and he has no idea why. She screwed up every single aspect of this. Thankfully I got in touch with him because if I randomly got charged again Friday it would have been worse.

Another comment on why the purchase was made on that specific day is because she told me this was the last pair in that price range and she couldn't guarantee the tickets would still be there tomorrow... and the price would jump up another $200.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
What's horribly ironic is that people like my mother--who will maybe buy tickets twice a year for other people's birthdays or whatever, but who is not really a hockey fan and definitely is not interested in any ticket package--will get all these harassing calls on her cell phone about ticket plans and whatnot, but people who place actual orders for ticket plans are being ignored. This is bad customer service that is off-putting a lot of people. :shakehead

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The first and only question she asked me was "what's your credit card number" and I gave it to her which is absolutely my fault. I should have asked the questions first. I just didn't expect the conversation to be over immediately. I'm talking to Steve Romano now and he's fantastic. This girl also did not give me my account information and how to sign in and view invoices and stuff like that. She completely screwed up the payment schedule and the numbers. My payments were supposed to be $204 per month which I paid the first month Monday. My account was scheduled to be charged $173 on Friday and he has no idea why. She screwed up every single aspect of this. Thankfully I got in touch with him because if I randomly got charged again Friday it would have been worse.

Another comment on why the purchase was made on that specific day is because she told me this was the last pair in that price range and she couldn't guarantee the tickets would still be there tomorrow... and the price would jump up another $200.

I rarely believe when a STH rep tells me that this is the last pair and prices go up tomorrow.
The Islanders tried that and were honoring the same prices months later.
If you're going to buy STH, why wait until after the preseason so you don't have to buy that game?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I rarely believe when a STH rep tells me that this is the last pair and prices go up tomorrow.
The Islanders tried that and were honoring the same prices months later.
If you're going to buy STH, why wait until after the preseason so you don't have to buy that game?

They hook you in with the payment plan. If you can make one payment and pay in full in one instance, then wait til after the pre-season. Otherwise, they hook you in with the easy payment plans and a bigger inventory for you to pick your own seats.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
They hook you in with the payment plan. If you can make one payment and pay in full in one instance, then wait til after the pre-season. Otherwise, they hook you in with the easy payment plans and a bigger inventory for you to pick your own seats.

I feel like the inventory always exists. Good point about the payment plan. I've never asked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad