HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I think the flex membership would be more appealing if they could use the credit on file to buy the tickets online through account manager instead of calling/emailing in. I get the Devils want reps to establish a connection with the client but if it's midnight the day before a game and I want to lock up a four pack I see on TM, as a flex member I want those seats confirmed now, not in the morning.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
The easiest way to say it is the Devils have really never been interested in matching relative demand to ticket supply. They have traditionally just squeezed the turnip as much as they can at the expense of filling every seat. That's just the business model that they use. Fans don't like it and/or understand it sometimes but it is what it is (and why we are always trying to get around face value prices).

Yes, and this is where most sports teams are, as sadly this is how they make the most money. Pricing for the lowest common denominator does not work.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Elias Retirement Night :)

rclkUmF.png

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well deserved and I can't wait but why a game against the Islanders? Poor choice to me and a wasted opportunity to pack out a game that nobody cares about.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yo Brick, I saw a headline about next phase of the project at the old baseball stadium(Which I didn't read).

Whats the word on that?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Well deserved and I can't wait but why a game against the Islanders? Poor choice to me and a wasted opportunity to pack out a game that nobody cares about.

I can pretty much guarantee this was Patty's decision. The Devils had Marty and Scotty on weeknights versus crappy opponents. They know that would have been a better option for them. But you can't force Patty to do it on a day he doesn't want.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The easiest way to say it is the Devils have really never been interested in matching relative demand to ticket supply. They have traditionally just squeezed the turnip as much as they can at the expense of filling every seat. That's just the business model that they use. Fans don't like it and/or understand it sometimes but it is what it is (and why we are always trying to get around face value prices).

Ding, ding, ding ding...this guy gets it. I've been stating this for years.

Yes, and this is where most sports teams are, as sadly this is how they make the most money. Pricing for the lowest common denominator does not work.

SHORT VERSION: It doesn't HAVE to be an either / or scenario. I'm not saying you intentionally lose zillions on tickets, I'm saying that you shouldn't "squeeze the turnip" with a death grip, which is precisely how the Devils have operated since at least the mid-1990s.

LONG VERSION: It doesn't HAVE to be an either / or scenario. You can bring the ticket prices down and make money up on both volume and ancillary sales (i.e. more people equal more stuff sold at games). Yes, I realize the Devils dont make a ton on merchandise & food & bevy, but they make some money nonetheless, and would obviously make money on additional tickets sold.

Nonetheless.......and this is the part I've argued since the day I've joined here.... is that you cannot financially model what you literally dont know. Meaning, that by pricing fans out of the building you dont know how many new "Devils fans" you would have created had you priced the building for higher attendance. This is the missing piece that I believe the Devils both fail to understand and have failed at for many years. New fans = revenue growth for years to come. More attractive pricing gets more kids and families into the building and grows the base. The problem is, you cant model that in Microsoft Excel so they fail to "see" it. My 2¢.

Elias Retirement Night :)

Now there's a specific game I'm looking forward to purchasing! :handclap:

Though I'd consider the home opener too just to see Nico's first game.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I'm actually surprised it's on a Saturday night.

Usually they choose a crappy Tuesday or Wednesday night game that they know they otherwise would sell zero tickets for.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm actually surprised it's on a Saturday night.

Usually they choose a crappy Tuesday or Wednesday night game that they know they otherwise would sell zero tickets for.

4(Carolina), 3(Boston) and 27(Dallas) were all on Friday nights, 30(Edmonton) was on a Tuesday. All crappy games opponents wise.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
How about looking at the bright side of a Saturday game. There's no having to leave work early and/or deal with rush hour traffic. You can head to the arena early enough to be there on time and maybe even hit a bar/restaurant before the game. Works for me.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
How about looking at the bright side of a Saturday game. There's no having to leave work early and/or deal with rush hour traffic. You can head to the arena early enough to be there on time and maybe even hit a bar/restaurant before the game. Works for me.

The Fan Fest and just general atmosphere outside prior to the event will be fantastic, like a weekend playoff game (I've forgotten what that feels like :( ). And the fact that it's a local rival will make the actual game exciting.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008

Marty night traffic and parking wise was a total disaster. I got there around 5 and just missed the mess of cars going nowhere. Saturday night is much better in terms of this stuff and not having to take a half day off since the ceremony will probably start at 6ish again.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Yo Brick, I saw a headline about next phase of the project at the old baseball stadium(Which I didn't read).

Whats the word on that?

It's moving forward as planned (nice I can write that more often regarding Newark projects). Going to be a 24/7 complex with components designed by 3 different architects and another overseeing the whole thing I think. 1,400 rental units (with 20% affordable per Newark requirement), a 400,000 sq ft office tower geared towards tech firms, I believe 120k sq ft of retail and some public space outside.

For perspective, the Hahnes project has 160 units, NJPAC and Shaq towers both in the low to mid 200 range, and the renovation of the Verizon building off Washington Park is another 300 and change. The scope of this thing is massive by Newark standards. Early rendering shows 15 story buildings which has disappointed some but getting rid of vacant lots and adding more middle income residential is far more important right now.

Construction should start late mid to late 2018 (guessing demo earlier) with completion in 2021.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Fan Fest and just general atmosphere outside prior to the event will be fantastic, like a weekend playoff game (I've forgotten what that feels like :( ). And the fact that it's a local rival will make the actual game exciting.

I don't think there will be a fan fest in Feb.
Unless its unseasonably warm.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
It's moving forward as planned (nice I can write that more often regarding Newark projects). Going to be a 24/7 complex with components designed by 3 different architects and another overseeing the whole thing I think. 1,400 rental units (with 20% affordable per Newark requirement), a 400,000 sq ft office tower geared towards tech firms, I believe 120k sq ft of retail and some public space outside.

For perspective, the Hahnes project has 160 units, NJPAC and Shaq towers both in the low to mid 200 range, and the renovation of the Verizon building off Washington Park is another 300 and change. The scope of this thing is massive by Newark standards. Early rendering shows 15 story buildings which has disappointed some but getting rid of vacant lots and adding more middle income residential is far more important right now.

Construction should start late mid to late 2018 (guessing demo earlier) with completion in 2021.

developer-details-plans-for-newark-bears-eagles-stadium-site-7fd67318e10d119c.jpg

Here the picture for those wondering

chaspav

Dec 8, 2013
My Flex Membership Representative confirmed for me that there will be a new scoreboard in place to start the season. No additional details.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I almost wonder if reps are throwing that in to add a little hype. I just have to doubt this will come to fruition given how we haven't heard a peep outside of the sales folks, and the season is nearly upon us. This thing would certainly have to be in later stages of production so that they can do the install and testing. We'll see...

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
I almost wonder if reps are throwing that in to add a little hype. I just have to doubt this will come to fruition given how we haven't heard a peep outside of the sales folks, and the season is nearly upon us. This thing would certainly have to be in later stages of production so that they can do the install and testing. We'll see...

Well the ribbon boards were removed which makes sense if they're upgrading the scoreboard too. Have everything of the same quality

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
My sister is at the Rock for a work event today and she texted me a picture of the existing jumbotron hanging in place and being used for the event along with the lower ribbon (the upper one is gone). Regular season is still a couple months away so they might just be using the old one still until the new one arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->