HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
What's the cost to "upgrade" tickets when you are actually just moving to the same area in the opposite end of the rink?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The 30% discount code on Ticketmaster for tonight's and Friday night's games still works, FYI.

Offer Code is: sneakpeek

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
More discounts on tickets this year than I have ever seen before.

So far, more this season than last, which is good for segments of our fan-base (young or students or unemployed or poor or Facebook Groups or just cheap).

But under VBK there were more promos and even quite a few freebie nights.

A lot of our fans want top FAs but they don't want to buy tickets.
Sort of a chicken before the egg situation, but it's usually the teams that draw the best who go out and sign the top FAs.

I hope lots of college students get out to The Rock the next few nights.
I used to look forward to coming home and hitting up Devils games with friends while on break.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
More discounts on tickets this year than I have ever seen before.

Seems that way, at least other than the first half of '10-11 where they had good reason to beg people to come, good thing we have a road heavy schedule now if they can't sell games few and far between.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
It does seem worse than past seasons though (regardless of results on the ice). The games during the Thanksgiving weekend (counting Wednesday night) are usually legit sellouts with high Stubhub prices. Stubhub is clearing out for tonight, but never was really much above the mid 30s for get in price.

There are a lot of tickets left on the TM map for Wednesday and Friday, probably explaining all of these deals. Not sure what the issue is this season, especially with the team now turning a corner. Maybe the prices are just too high.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It does seem worse than past seasons though (regardless of results on the ice). The games during the Thanksgiving weekend (counting Wednesday night) are usually legit sellouts with high Stubhub prices. Stubhub is clearing out for tonight, but never was really much above the mid 30s for get in price.

There are a lot of tickets left on the TM map for Wednesday and Friday, probably explaining all of these deals. Not sure what the issue is this season, especially with the team now turning a corner. Maybe the prices are just too high.

IMO, ticket pricing is a little high for Friday's game.

But certainly not for tonight's game nor the Vancouver game where there is pitiful advanced gate.

I scan other Devils fan forums once in a while and there is usually too much complaining about high tickets prices, which I take with a grain of salt since for most games you can get a pretty good seat in the $30s in the balcony or in the $50s for lower level, box office price.

Then when there are ticket promos it doesn't really move the needle that much.
Yes, it's still a rough economy but fans can't expect movie ticket pricing for NHL hockey and then whine about the team not signing top FAs.

I also SMH when I see fans saying the "code doesn't work" for the buy 1 get 1 free deal, because on TM it will show $20 per ticket when the tickets are usually priced at $40 each.

*The night before Thanksgiving never has sold out BTW, but, the Friday or Saturday game of that weekend usually has seen packed crowds.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
IMO, ticket pricing is a little high for Friday's game.

But certainly not for tonight's game nor the Vancouver game where there is pitiful advanced gate.

I scan other Devils fan forums once in a while and there is usually too much complaining about high tickets prices, which I take with a grain of salt since for most games you can get a pretty good seat in the $30s in the balcony or in the $50s for lower level, box office price.

Then when there are ticket promos it doesn't really move the needle that much.
Yes, it's still a rough economy but fans can't expect movie ticket pricing for NHL hockey and then whine about the team not signing top FAs.

I also SMH when I see fans saying the "code doesn't work" for the buy 1 get 1 free deal, because on TM it will show $20 per ticket when the tickets are usually priced at $40 each.

*The night before Thanksgiving never has sold out BTW, but, the Friday or Saturday game of that weekend usually has seen packed crowds.

This is a bit of a red herring argument...the Devils lowering prices in the upper corners or lower corners $5-7 a ticket isn't going to prevent them from signing free agents (particularly when there's fewer to sign each offseason). Especially if they weren't selling tickets in those sections before anyway.

And yes fans aren't always the best barometer of what is too highly priced, the best barometer of it is the marketplace and what sells. If you have to paper the building with buy one get one free offers and other similar deals for 90% of the games then your prices are probably too high to begin with. You blame the fans for not buying tickets but it's also on the team to know how strong the market is and how far they can push the envelope pricing the 215's and other areas that are a sales problem year after year.

Of course the more of those BOGOF deals that get offered the more people paying sth prices feel they're getting rooked too. The number one priority of a sales team should be making sth's feel like they're getting value for investing the most up front money (and I don't mean resale value, I mean value in terms of getting prices and perks the average fan doesn't get). The number two priority should be offering prices that are competitive enough with the secondary market that you can actually sell face value tickets. The Devils' solution to this seems to be an obsession with eliminating the secondary market.

And not everyone knows every pricing tier, people aren't registering the fact a 'buy one get one free' shows up as buying two half price.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone have a pair of lowers they are selling for tonight? Looking for something better than I can get on Stubhub or other secondary sites. Message me what you've got and how much. If you leave a number I can call you.
Thank you.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Does anyone have a pair of lowers they are selling for tonight? Looking for something better than I can get on Stubhub or other secondary sites. Message me what you've got and how much. If you leave a number I can call you.
Thank you.

use code 10DEAL for 25% off tonight (and rest of the season) on ticketmaster

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
use code 10DEAL for 25% off tonight (and rest of the season) on ticketmaster

Thanks. Even with that code (and the 9DEAL code), StubHub, Vivid and other secondary sites were still cheaper. They raised prices a few days ahead of this. I'm just looking for a pair of lowers on the cheap. Happy to stay home if I can't find them.... I'll give it until 3ish.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Was surprised I couldn't find cheaper than I did for tonight for solid seats. That's good though, as long as the building is at 85%+ capacity.

Grabbed 2 at mezzanine center ice for about $150. Was able to get the first row, but couldn't remember if the seating glass or railing/stairs are a nuisance pending where in the row you sit. I know at one of Verizon Center, Prudential, or United Center the front row drives me nuts. Pretty sure it's Verizon.

What's really irritating is how absurd Ticketmaster is even with the discount codes. Feels like each ticket has $20 in fees. Just show me the damn price upfront. Ended up buying from Stubhub out of spite.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Was surprised I couldn't find cheaper than I did for tonight for solid seats. That's good though, as long as the building is at 85%+ capacity.

Grabbed 2 at mezzanine center ice for about $150. Was able to get the first row, but couldn't remember if the seating glass or railing/stairs are a nuisance pending where in the row you sit. I know at one of Verizon Center, Prudential, or United Center the front row drives me nuts. Pretty sure it's Verizon.

What's really irritating is how absurd Ticketmaster is even with the discount codes. Feels like each ticket has $20 in fees. Just show me the damn price upfront. Ended up buying from Stubhub out of spite.

I just picked up a pair in section 16 on StubHub for $175. I didn't think it was going to go lower than that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Question for the people that buy on StubHub a lot... I just printed the seats I purchased and the 'Issued To' is blank. Does this mean that the Devils dumped these on StubHub? If they are someone's STH, it usually has their name on it. The Face Value of the seat is also 89.87 which is a pretty weird price. Normally it has the STH price or the ticketmaster price and fees broken down.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
No fees at all with the coat drive vouchers.

The games were

12-09 - Blues
12-20 - Predators
01-02 - Bruins

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Question for the people that buy on StubHub a lot... I just printed the seats I purchased and the 'Issued To' is blank.

That means their rep had to PDF the ticket.

Broker accounts still have the PDF option enabled and you'll see a name. Normal accounts have the option disabled and need to have their rep use the internal system to print it out, hence no name.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Part of the issue, imo, is the TicketMaster fees! I used the STH code to buy some "30% off STH price" tickets for friends and couldn't believe the fees. They almost reneged on it entirely.

They wanted seats in section 226 for the 12/31 game agains the Caps. Full face value would be $60 (a bit high), but the STH discount brought it down to $30 including tax. But after roughly $11 per ticket in TicketMaster fees, and then TicketMaster's $6.75 per order "Processing Fee", it made each ticket close to $43. The sad part is the Devils only get about $26 from all of that when you factor in the state and local taxes.

They are getting bent over by TicketMaster and it's got to be hurting ticket sales. The biggest joke is TM charges all these fees and it's a digital ticket. How can they justify that? Their costs can't be that high.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Just an fyi but ticketmaster refunded me the 6.75 order fees for the food drive, I just noticed it on my credit card. Kudos to them for doing that when I didn't even have to call or ask.

Colin I agree, did you see that article about Amazon trying to get into the ticket sales business? Would be awesome if they could actually do something where prime members get charged no fees.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
That means their rep had to PDF the ticket.

Broker accounts still have the PDF option enabled and you'll see a name. Normal accounts have the option disabled and need to have their rep use the internal system to print it out, hence no name.

Thanks for letting me know. This makes a lot of sense. I've seen the seats I purchased on StubHub a lot for games. If they had the guy's name, I would have googled him and emailed him to save us both money.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Part of the issue, imo, is the TicketMaster fees! I used the STH code to buy some "30% off STH price" tickets for friends and couldn't believe the fees. They almost reneged on it entirely.

They wanted seats in section 226 for the 12/31 game agains the Caps. Full face value would be $60 (a bit high), but the STH discount brought it down to $30 including tax. But after roughly $11 per ticket in TicketMaster fees, and then TicketMaster's $6.75 per order "Processing Fee", it made each ticket close to $43. The sad part is the Devils only get about $26 from all of that when you factor in the state and local taxes.

They are getting bent over by TicketMaster and it's got to be hurting ticket sales. The biggest joke is TM charges all these fees and it's a digital ticket. How can they justify that? Their costs can't be that high.

We talked about this before. Part of it is the Devils and I think if they wanted to, they can easily fix it.

I have Islanders tickets as well, and they sent out a ling for me to buy seats at 45% off STH price. If I use that link, there are NO ticketmaster fees. It's the same ticket platform that the reps give you to use their Friends and Family link.

I did a lot of shopping around and for last night's game, the Ticketmaster+fees less the STH account number, 9DEAL code, F&F, and anything else I googled was still higher than the secondary market.

The Devils are also the only team I've seen that quote you the price without the sales tax.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Went to my first Devils game last night. I live 2 hours door to door from the rink so its tough to get to games unless its a weekend. Just some observations.

1. I thought doors opened at 6, but they didn't open up till 6:30. Are the Devils losing money from concession sales by not opening the doors an hour and half before game time? Or are they saving money in salaries for their workers? I am trying to remember what the gate opening time was at the old Continental Airlines arena when the games started at 7:30 back in the day. I don't think it was only an hour.

2. Dam music is way too loud. It makes it difficult to even talk to the person seated next to you. I guess thats the atmosphere the Devils want.

3. Seemed like a very young crowd in my opinion. A lot of couples in their twenties which I suppose is good long-term for ticket sales.

4. I think the intro video could be better. They have had some better ones in past years.

5. Do you guys like that ya-hoo chant after every goal. Don't the Islanders do that?

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Went to my first Devils game last night. I live 2 hours door to door from the rink so its tough to get to games unless its a weekend. Just some observations.

1. I thought doors opened at 6, but they didn't open up till 6:30. Are the Devils losing money from concession sales by not opening the doors an hour and half before game time? Or are they saving money in salaries for their workers? I am trying to remember what the gate opening time was at the old Continental Airlines arena when the games started at 7:30 back in the day. I don't think it was only an hour.
They switched this year to the 1 hour opening. Most arenas were already on the 1 hour schedule; I think we were one of the last to convert. This was the first time I ever had to wait 10+ minutes to enter for a regular season game. And that includes Marty night. I'm sure they had their operations/finance teams crunch the numbers. My complete guess is they were profitable in that extra half hour, but not enough to make it worth their while. Plus it helps local businesses and to a lesser extent the parking in the area MAYBE (since they don't have to open lots as early). Also, police presence can start a bit later

2. Dam music is way too loud. It makes it difficult to even talk to the person seated next to you. I guess thats the atmosphere the Devils want.
Personally fine with this

3. Seemed like a very young crowd in my opinion. A lot of couples in their twenties which I suppose is good long-term for ticket sales.
Lots of people home for the holidays. Also, families are less likely to make it out the day following a major holiday. Yea, the kids may have off, but parents are usually beat. Plus it was one of the few 7:30 starts

4. I think the intro video could be better. They have had some better ones in past years.
I think they were better in the past because we had more "recent" important moments. Gets tougher and tougher to make "hype" videos when the team hasn't seriously competed in a few years. The ones at the CAA used to get me pumped.

5. Do you guys like that ya-hoo chant after every goal. Don't the Islanders do that?
No. I complained about it when I heard it on TV and didn't participate in it last night. I was surprised the "Hey, you suck" chant wasn't too loud last night following goals. I'm fine with people that don't like it, but I'm a Rock and Roll Pt 2 pusher until the end. :laugh:

My first game of this season; usually go to a handful per season at Prudential since moving to DC. Responses in red above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad