HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Packed house, so averycurious decision by the game day entertainment staff to jack the volume and blast techno music. Honestly, what are they thinkzing? A fired up crowd is silenced and given headaches?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is why I don't worry about this stuff since it's not my job anyway but awesome crowd and a packed arena. Crowd is just begging to see a goal.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
game 4 tix?

Amazing what a convincing game 3 win does to ticket prices.. the Game 4 get in on Stubhub is now $162!

Cratered in price before the start of tonight's game. More than doubled in price once the Devils won.

That's what happens when a huge chunk of the tickets on the "secondary market" are not really the secondary market!

Tickets today went from roughly $110 down to $68 and are now $162. Totally artificial roller-coaster. Devils tickets are now Bitcoin.

Reactions: New Jersey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cratered in price before the start of tonight's game. More than doubled in price once the Devils won.

That's what happens when a huge chunk of the tickets on the "secondary market" are not really the secondary market!

Tickets today went from roughly $110 down to $68 and are now $162. Totally artificial roller-coaster. Devils tickets are now Bitcoin.

That figures :laugh:

I even noticed how tickets spiked up magically for the last home game against the Leafs once Florida got a safe lead against Nashville that night and it was obvious the game was going to mean everything for the playoffs.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Was going to do it for 100, but 160 for the back corner is absurd. Can't swing that.

I find it fascinating that people enjoy it enough to pay that, especially for Round 1. Hell, I was a STH for 5 years, and even I dont enjoy live hockey enough to pay $160 for an Upper Level seat! LOL It would have to be a SCF for me to pay that for a bleeder.

Reactions: TheSituation

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
After being at last nights game, I just took the plunge and bought seasons for next year in section 5. Ticket rep said they buy back 8 games and allow you to put 12 more on ticket exchange. Any advice or tips for a noob? Thanks in advance

Reactions: mtnet and Colin226

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
After being at last nights game, I just took the plunge and bought seasons for next year in section 5. Ticket rep said they buy back 8 games and allow you to put 12 more on ticket exchange. Any advice or tips for a noob? Thanks in advance

Unless the T&C have changed, the money from the buyback games is applied to the following season and only if you maintain the same price point or higher. You can also list mobiles on SH. The process is a bit of a pain in the ass but it is another avenue to use for selling.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Anyone else really disappointed in the playoff gear this year? Not much selection and the shirt that says All for the Cup is hideous.

I want that Create History stuff that the Devils staff got.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Welcome aboard!! After a game like last night's, I can see why you'd have Devils Fever :thumbu:

The Buy Back program is really excellent for STH. Just keep in mind the way it works is you get credits from the program that can only be used for the following season if you renew - you don't get cash back. I always just sell back my preseason games and some early season weekday games that I know will be duds.

In terms of reselling tickets on TicketExchange, list them as early as possible. A lot of STH complain they have trouble selling their tickets for what they paid, but usually that's because they list them within a week of the game and for a dud midweek game.

Other than that, find a cheap place to park that you can go to every game. The lot behind Hobby's Deli on Hallsy Street is only $7, and you can also find free street parking around that area at times. I've also heard good things about using the ParkWhiz app.

Also, become your ticket rep's best friend. A good relationship there will be an asset when you need help with something, or when the rep needs to pick one of their clients to win a prize for something...

Reactions: mtnet

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Welcome aboard!! After a game like last night's, I can see why you'd have Devils Fever :thumbu:

The Buy Back program is really excellent for STH. Just keep in mind the way it works is you get credits from the program that can only be used for the following season if you renew - you don't get cash back. I always just sell back my preseason games and some early season weekday games that I know will be duds.

In terms of reselling tickets on TicketExchange, list them as early as possible. A lot of STH complain they have trouble selling their tickets for what they paid, but usually that's because they list them within a week of the game and for a dud midweek game.

Other than that, find a cheap place to park that you can go to every game. The lot behind Hobby's Deli on Hallsy Street is only $7, and you can also find free street parking around that area at times. I've also heard good things about using the ParkWhiz app.

Also, become your ticket rep's best friend. A good relationship there will be an asset when you need help with something, or when the rep needs to pick one of their clients to win a prize for something...
Thanks for the info brother. I used to have the weekend plan at the CAA back in the day...then that whole growing up thing happened. I wanted to get in now so I can bring my 8 month old in a few years.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Unless the T&C have changed, the money from the buyback games is applied to the following season and only if you maintain the same price point or higher. You can also list mobiles on SH. The process is a bit of a pain in the ass but it is another avenue to use for selling.

You will also need permission from stubhub to post mobile tickets from your account.

I don't touch buy backs until i see my bill for the following season and I know I'm renwwing since they claim it's it for a credit.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

I can vouch for parkwhiz.com. We park in a lot over on Court St., about 3 or 4 blocks from the arena - cost $5.01. Not sure why the 1 cent. There are plenty of Devils fans that park there so no worries.

And as Colin said - WELCOME (back)!

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
You will also need permission from stubhub to post mobile tickets from your account.

I don't touch buy backs until i see my bill for the following season and I know I'm renwwing since they claim it's it for a credit.

Forgot about that part. I had sold maybe 8-10 games last season on SH when .pdfs were still allowed and had no problem getting approved to sell mobile on SH for this season.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
and these get-in prices for the 200s for game 4 are literally exactly why I have season tickets.

the idea that someone is charging double in the first round what my face value would be for a hypothetical Finals game this year in much worse seats is hilarious/ludicrous.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So the Devils now "allow" you to resell 12 games, (which is roughly 25% of STH cost) as long as you use their preferred vendor? Do they still drop the hammer on you if you try to sell more than that?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
and these get-in prices for the 200s for game 4 are literally exactly why I have season tickets.

Keep in mind this is literally the first time this has ever happened, and is likely due to pent-up-demand due to it being 6 years since a playoff game, in concert with the Devils artificially monkeying with the market (which I'm not sure is sustainable, we'll see).

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
So the Devils now "allow" you to resell 12 games, (which is roughly 25% of STH cost) as long as you use their preferred vendor? Do they still drop the hammer on you if you try to sell more than that?

If you sell directly on TicketExchange from your Account Manager, the legalese dictates that you may sell "no more than 50% of the tickets on the account."

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Keep in mind this is literally the first time this has ever happened, and is likely due to pent-up-demand due to it being 6 years since a playoff game, in concert with the Devils artificially monkeying with the market (which I'm not sure is sustainable, we'll see).

I'm no genie, but I was pretty confident going in that the next time the Devils would make the playoffs that pent-up demand you reference would absolutely exist. That was a big part of my decision to take the plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->