HF Game of the Year 2019 - Nominate Games Now!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
For some reason nobody else has typed it yet so I'd like to point out that RE2 is on sale right now.

2nd best game of the year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Disco Elysium
The Outer Wilds
Apex Legends
Control
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Void Bastards
Super Mario Maker 2
Baba is You
Luigi's Mansion 3
The Outer Worlds
Katana Zero
Gears 5
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Hypnospace Outlaw
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

For some reason nobody else has typed it yet so I'd like to point out that RE2 is on sale right now.

2nd best game of the year.

I don't like giving remakes GOTY, personally. Yes, they did a fantastic job bringing up to modern standards, but they had a blueprint to work off of and they followed it pretty clearly. I'm happy saying it's one of my favorite games of the year but I don't think I'd ever argue it's one of the best games of 2019. It was one of the best games of 1998, updated.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Sekiro will likely make you want to want to test fall damage in real life, until it clicks. Much like FromSoftware's other titles this decade, Sekiro demands a certain level of mastery from the player to proceed forward. It's initially daunting, but there will come a time where a boss that kills you six times straight suddenly feels like your *****......except for Headless, **** Headless.

I haven't played Fallen Order yet, but from what I've seen I figure the skill set required to beat it is more transferable to Sekiro than Dark Souls'. Only thing the latter prepped me for was patience.
I think the best advice for sekiro is that if you face a boss that's too difficult, take another path and fight some minibosses and easier bosses.

Lady Butterfly and genichiro are 2 big ones you should avoid until you're absolutely ready.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Lady Butterfly killed me more than every boss in Bloodborne combined. I'm not kidding. Then I figured her out and it was one of the most satisfying deaths in a game I ever witnessed.

Genichiro on the other hand took far less tries.

Undead mini bosses? I run the other way as fast as I can...for now.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Does slay the spire count? I can never tell with games that get released on early access in a year prior but aren’t officially released until the current year.

If it does, that game is my hands down winner.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Does slay the spire count? I can never tell with games that get released on early access in a year prior but aren’t officially released until the current year.

If it does, that game is my hands down winner.

Early Access always makes things weird, but technically yes - Slay the Spire is a 2019 game, and a darn good one.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Apex Legends

It's held my attention all year and will contine I am sure past its original release date.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It's been a bad year, so I'll go with old games re-released: Links Awakening and Ghostbusters for the Switch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad