HF Boards has gotten soft

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
People whining about other people whining are far worse than the first whiners.
People whining about other people whining about other people whining are far far worse than the first whiners.

I fear this is going to be a long thread.

It’s hockey people, playoff hockey to boot. Toughen up, the players do. Some of you would have had a stroke if you watched in the 70’s and 80’s.

Reactions: dukeofjive

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It really is terrible. Only reason I came to this site today was to see how many threads were whining for suspensions. Was not disappointed

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Other then the Kadri hit nothing was really worthy of a thread. That being said it makes sense a Machand fan would make a thread about people complaining about illegal hits.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Don’t think it’s being soft rather they just want to suspend players on other teams because they’re mad about something related to that player/team or a cheap suspension someone on their team got 6 years ago.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
100% agree.

There are SEVEN pages, half of which are calling for a game suspension, for Victor Hedman's junk shot on the Devils player who shot the puck after the whistle. Seven pages! :shakehead

In the regular season that thread would be sad, in the playoffs it's just pathetic.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
People whining about other people whining about other people whining are far far worse than the first whiners.

I fear this is going to be a long thread.

It’s hockey people, playoff hockey to boot. Toughen up, the players do. Some of you would have had a stroke if you watched in the 70’s and 80’s.
But people whining about people whining about people whining....

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Yeah I've only been here a few months and it seems to me a large % of the posters here would prefer the NHL be played like women's hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
HF reaction is a result of where the NHL is heading/headed
When there are 10 new threads each day, 3 of them the NHL comments that "no, we did not bother to look at that", and the other 7 don't even warrant a "we didn't look at that" comment, it's a HFBoards problem

Reactions: DL44

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
But people whining about people whining about people whining....
Gets hard to keep track of all the whining doesn't it?:laugh:

On a serious note, I'd like to complain about some of the foul language that came through on the live feeds. Although I have delicate ears, they are still my ears. No one should be allowed to fill them with that kind of ****. ****ing ****, I say. SUSPEND SOMEONE DAMN IT!!!!!

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Every ticky tack penalty seems to get a thread nowadays begging for a suspension. Give it a rest. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You’re acting like soccer cry baby fans.

I support suspending players for illegal hits. But god damn give it a rest with all these threads. They’re usually minor penalties at most.

Let the boys play.

A 2 handed slash that could break a hand bone is pretty dangerous too.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
I said it in another thread but I’ll say this. Real dangerous hits like the ones where guys skate a long way to deliver a headshot or take out a guy’s knee, have to go. They can ruin a career or a life. The rest are fine, unless the nhl really wants to change its nature. But I for one don’t care about the agitating stuff. That’s part of the game. And I believe players would agree. That said, the instigator must go. I trust the players themselves with policing the ice more than the refs. The refs suck.
I agree. chasing a player for 80 feet and ramming him into the boards from behind is something that could be called consistently and not take away from the physical side of the game.

Reactions: egelband

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I don't really mind dirty plays in hockey. Keeps the game exciting and worthy of watching. Obviously you hope for no injury, but it's the risk you take.

If there were no dirty plays, no rough stuff, no drama, then no one would be watching.

Reactions: Vertain

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
I do think the concussion thing have softened all and everyone. I know this is an important thing to care about but I really miss 90's playoffs hockey.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I do think the concussion thing have softened all and everyone. I know this is an important thing to care about but I really miss 90's playoffs hockey.

I don't miss the life/career threatening elbows/blindsides/headshots but i do miss the playoffs attitude. There is a thread right now with math that if you add up missed minor penalties against Marchand he should sit for a few games. The fans have gone soft.

Reactions: egelband

May 17, 2009
Maine
I'm just waiting for a thread titled "Lorem Ipsum with nasty dolor sit against Amet."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad