• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
you will like Domi. I live in phoenix and watch virtually all the games. His production did not match what I saw on the ice. He is a playmaker.He sees the ice very well. He is strong on his skates and will mix it up along the boards. This is the type of player you want in the playoffs. I think he will be a better addition then Alex.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
you will like Domi. I live in phoenix and watch virtually all the games. His production did not match what I saw on the ice. He is a playmaker.He sees the ice very well. He is strong on his skates and will mix it up along the boards. This is the type of player you want in the playoffs. I think he will be a better addition then Alex.
We first have to make the playoffs. Conversely, I have watched a shit ton of Habs games, and I can assure you that Galchenyuk is a 70 point talent at center. His skating is nowhere near as bad as people claim it is. His defensive game needs work, but he looked so much more engaged this year. He always got shitted on for no good reason, low ice time, worse linemates...etc. Having him with Keller on the top line with more ice time and less bs, will certainly make him produce a lot more.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
We first have to make the playoffs. Conversely, I have watched a **** ton of Habs games, and I can assure you that Galchenyuk is a 70 point talent at center. His skating is nowhere near as bad as people claim it is. His defensive game needs work, but he looked so much more engaged this year. He always got ****ted on for no good reason, low ice time, worse linemates...etc. Having him with Keller on the top line with more ice time and less bs, will certainly make him produce a lot more.
So interesting. Habs need a center badly yet never play this "70 point center".
Fans seem to know so much and coach's so little.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I said 70point talent. It also would not be the first time a highly skilled player didn't work with Claude and produced a lot more on his next team.

Reactions: CHwest

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Should have got Dvorak and a pick instead if you wanted a center from Arizona

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

not everyone believes he is a center, he's not the quickest or best skater, struggles in his own end and on face-offs, I thought of him as more of an average playmaker.

He wasn't handled well by either coaching staff, but some of the issues are on him as well.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
You aren't alone but time will tell, why would you be glad to see that trend continue? Seems like a weird comment.
I'll be happy for Galchenyuk if he develops and succeeds in Arizona. Just because they don't play for the Canadiens anymore doesn't mean I can't root for that player. I was so excited when Galchenyuk was drafted. Now I'm very sad that they threw him away. Bergevin never liked that kid from the time he was drafted and it showed in how he was developed. Just more wasted potential for a player that just isn't as good.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'll be happy for Galchenyuk if he develops and succeeds in Arizona. Just because they don't play for the Canadiens anymore doesn't mean I can't root for that player. I was so excited when Galchenyuk was drafted. Now I'm very sad that they threw him away. Bergevin never liked that kid from the time he was drafted and it showed in how he was developed. Just more wasted potential for a player that just isn't as good.

I've already written that I hope Galchenyuk does well, for his sake. I'm just not sold on him doing it. It's not a talent issue - either it's management, coaching, his dad, his girlfriend or another problem. In any case Domi will realistically probably be a good player they didn't give Galchenyuk up for nothing.

It's also ironic that despite the fact I don't like this deal, I like Galchenyuk, I actually want Bergy gone and don't agree with his decisions, the way I frame these things means the cabal here has been angered. I wonder what I said that was so contentious.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I've already written that I hope Galchenyuk does well, for his sake. I'm just not sold on him doing it. It's not a talent issue - either it's management, coaching, his dad, his girlfriend or another problem. In any case Domi will realistically probably be a good player they didn't give Galchenyuk up for nothing.
Domi's could work out for us. It might even work out for the Habs I don't know. Maybe it will come out why Galchenyuk was disliked by Bergevin. I hope he provides a reason why he was traded.

Isn't there supposed to be more transparency? I want to know why Bergevin decided to trade Galchenyuk.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Domi's could work out for us. It might even work out for the Habs I don't know. Maybe it will come out why Galchenyuk was disliked by Bergevin. I hope he provides a reason why he was traded.

Isn't there supposed to be more transparency? I want to know why Bergevin decided to trade Galchenyuk.

I'm going to guess it's either perceived lack of work ethic or off-ice issues. It's evident Bergevin has an ego, I wonder if it clashed with Galchenyuk's father.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I'm going to guess it's either perceived lack of work ethic or off-ice issues. It's evident Bergevin has an ego, I wonder if it clashed with Galchenyuk's father.
Could be. Sorry for my post yesterday it was said in the heat of the moment and I had just found out about the trade a few hours earlier.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
(MOD) If he is being eased in, he would starting on the third line or second as a center, not on the wing.
How can you determine if Keller is a better center if he played on the wing for practically the entire season? Christian Dvorak was their 2nd line center and given his lackluster production, Arizona would do well to use some better.

Clayton Keller Q&A: Coyotes rookie dishes on first year in NHL
CK: Derek Stepan is one. I've played most of my games [on a line with him]. He's been really great to me. He's really taken me under his wing and been there if I find myself in the defensive zone. He's always talking to me, which is nice. I think that really helps out a lot.

Interview was on March 22nd, 2018, so most of the season had passed.
He feels like he’s being “eased in” because that’s what dumb f*** here preaches. “You must learn center by being a winger” - Habs management

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Bruins fans were complaining that Julien was suffocating Seguin when he was with the Bruins and it ended up being the truth. Certain players may not be built for both ends of the ice, but when a team is struggling to score, you find ways to make it work. It has nothing to do with fans knowing more then coaches, it’s more to do with coaches being stubborn on certain dynamics of the game that ultimately work against them.

Reactions: Peanut

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Bruins fans were complaining that Julien was suffocating Seguin when he was with the Bruins and it ended up being the truth. Certain players may not be built for both ends of the ice, but when a team is struggling to score, you find ways to make it work. It has nothing to do with fans knowing more then coaches, it’s more to do with coaches being stubborn on certain dynamics of the game that ultimately work against them.
Somehow Julien did really well with a whole bunch of Bruin stars.
Fans have been making excuses for Alex for a long time. It's put up or shut up now.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Somehow Julien did really well with a whole bunch of Bruin stars.
Fans have been making excuses for Alex for a long time. It's put up or shut up now.

That’s because a lot of the stars he had were sandpaper types with skill and offensive upside. We’re constantly trying to acquire these types of players now but it isn’t working. It was failing Julien as well his last 3 years in Boston. I think Julien is a coach, but he can’t coach this team like they’re the Boston Bruins. The game is evolving around him and he’s been failing miserable for 4 years now with two different teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->