Heshmatpour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Heshmatpour has been interesting to watch so far this year. He's had a steep learning curve (due mostly to the youth on the Kitchener blue line - 2-4th year players + 1 injured, the rest are rookies). His first few games, he was out of position frequently and looked gawky and a little lost out there. As time has gone on (he's played 13 games) his game has improved significantly. He's obviously paying attention to the coaches during practice.

He's started to use his size as well - I understand that he did a nice job on Mississauga's Patrick O'Sullivan on Wednesday night (I wasn't at the game, but I've heard from people who were that it may have been the biggest clean hit O'Sullivan has taken).

To this point, he hasn't been a factor offensively, but I believe that has more to do with Peter Deboer wanting him to get comfortable with the defensive side of his game before he jumps into plays.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Heshmatpour has been interesting to watch so far this year. He's had a steep learning curve (due mostly to the youth on the Kitchener blue line - 2-4th year players + 1 injured, the rest are rookies). His first few games, he was out of position frequently and looked gawky and a little lost out there. As time has gone on (he's played 13 games) his game has improved significantly. He's obviously paying attention to the coaches during practice.

He's started to use his size as well - I understand that he did a nice job on Mississauga's Patrick O'Sullivan on Wednesday night (I wasn't at the game, but I've heard from people who were that it may have been the biggest clean hit O'Sullivan has taken).

To this point, he hasn't been a factor offensively, but I believe that has more to do with Peter Deboer wanting him to get comfortable with the defensive side of his game before he jumps into plays.

Thanks for the feedback. Any idea if he's still interested in getting Canadian citizenship?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Thanks for the feedback. Any idea if he's still interested in getting Canadian citizenship?

I just re-read my post and I don't think I left the impression that Heshmatpour still has a lot of work to do before he's considered one of the top d-men in the OHL. He's much improved, but he still has a long way to go. The potential is definitely there.

I haven't heard anything about his citizenship - it'd be nice to see him in a Team Canada Jersey though.

leafaholix*

He's still interested in the Canadian citizenship.

From all I've read, he's a proud Canadian and wants to play for his country.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
He's still interested in the Canadian citizenship.

From all I've read, he's a proud Canadian and wants to play for his country.

What have you read? Seriously,I'd like to know. Besides the infamous Sportsnet article, I haven't seen anything on this subject.

renuszm

Dec 5, 2002
Kitchener, Ontario
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
I just re-read my post and I don't think I left the impression that Heshmatpour still has a lot of work to do before he's considered one of the top d-men in the OHL. He's much improved, but he still has a long way to go. The potential is definitely there.

yeah I'm a Kitchener fan and he's going to be an interesting defencemen. I don't really expect him to develop into full potential until maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->