Heshmatpour traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

He hasn't lived up to his "phenom" title from a couple years ago, good trade for Kitchener, they get a good, big goaltender in return. Hopefully Devereaux can develop and make a run at a roster spot in the next couple years for team Canada's WJC team.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Interesting trade, I guess Ranger management wasn't satisfied with Direnzo in net for another Mem Cup Run.

Turple is a solid goalie, he was just struggling this year for Oshawa, he should have much better success with Kitchener.

Also Heshmatpour should get an increased role with Oshawa, and a better opportunity to shine.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
He hasn't lived up to his "phenom" title from a couple years ago, good trade for Kitchener, they get a good, big goaltender in return. Hopefully Devereaux can develop and make a run at a roster spot in the next couple years for team Canada's WJC team.

Did he ever get Canadian citizenship?

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
The word around the OHL in the last 24 hours is that, given how each of the 3 players is currently playing, DeBoer got taken to the cleaners on this trade.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
Did he ever get Canadian citizenship?
Not sure, but he's been here for a long time and well... don't want to start this again. But he's basically said that he does consider himself Canadian, and if he has the citizenship, I'm sure he'll make a run at the team in a couple years.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Juan said:
The word around the OHL in the last 24 hours is that, given how each of the 3 players is currently playing, DeBoer got taken to the cleaners on this trade.
I think will depend entirely on how Turple plays, and whether there is more to this deal than meets the eye. Deboer doesn't make poor deals as a general rule. DiRienzo and Hesh have both been playing well of late... I think this deal caught a lot of people by surprise.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
Not sure, but he's been here for a long time and well... don't want to start this again. But he's basically said that he does consider himself Canadian, and if he has the citizenship, I'm sure he'll make a run at the team in a couple years.

I'm just curious, that's all. No big deal.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Mobey said:
Yeah, he really doesn't have a prayer to make either the USA or Canadian teams in my opinion.
This guys idea of defence is to reach out and punch opposition players in the face with his glove, as they blow by him. He's a shorthanded situation waiting to happen.

Kitchener essentially gave up on him. They have a deep defence and must have decided they were better off without him, now that Lashoff's back (and looking good too). Turple has shown more than DiRienzo in the past, but as mentioned DiRienzo is playing well now and has an extra year of eligibility when compared to Turple. IMO it could be debated who got the better of the goalie tradeoff . So judging by this trade Hesh's value is really low, about a 5th round OHL pick, give or take an inch.

Last edited:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Boomhower said:
This guys idea of defence is to reach out and punch opposition players in the face with his glove, as they blow by him. He's a shorthanded situation waiting to happen.

Kitchener essentially gave up on him. They have a deep defence and must have decided they were better off without him, now that Lashoff's back (and looking good too). Turple has shown more than DiRienzo in the past, but as mentioned DiRienzo is playing well now and has an extra year of eligibility when compared to Turple. IMO it could be debated who got the better of the goalie tradeoff . So judging by this trade Hesh's value is really low, about a 5th round OHL pick, give or take an inch.
I'd say that's a little off..... there's no way you'd get Turple for DiRienzo straight up. Turple has won games for Oshawa; DiRienzo has yet to show that he can steal a game.

You're right though - Hesh has a tendency to take a lot of unnecessary penalties (he's reduced this a little in the last few weeks). When you're playing top teams, you can't constantly be playing shorthanded and expect to have a chance to win.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Mobey said:
Yeah, he really doesn't have a prayer to make either the USA or Canadian teams in my opinion.
:handclap:

The guy's really bad. Hard to watch him skate, hard to watch him play defense, hard to watch him play at all. It would be a serious joke if Heshmatpour made EITHER team. The guy has so many things he needs to improve on it's not even funny. I think Oshawa won the trade though. Turple's been playing poorly, but has so much potential. If he gets it going, Kitchener could be going for another OHL championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad