Heshmatpour traded

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Rabid Ranger, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
  2. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

He hasn't lived up to his "phenom" title from a couple years ago, good trade for Kitchener, they get a good, big goaltender in return. Hopefully Devereaux can develop and make a run at a roster spot in the next couple years for team Canada's WJC team.

3. Brock

Brock Registered User

Home Page:
    Interesting trade, I guess Ranger management wasn't satisfied with Direnzo in net for another Mem Cup Run.

Turple is a solid goalie, he was just struggling this year for Oshawa, he should have much better success with Kitchener.

Also Heshmatpour should get an increased role with Oshawa, and a better opportunity to shine.

4. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

Did he ever get Canadian citizenship?

5. Juan

Juan Registered User

Home Page:
    The word around the OHL in the last 24 hours is that, given how each of the 3 players is currently playing, DeBoer got taken to the cleaners on this trade.

6. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

Not sure, but he's been here for a long time and well... don't want to start this again. But he's basically said that he does consider himself Canadian, and if he has the citizenship, I'm sure he'll make a run at the team in a couple years.

7. CharlieGirl

CharlieGirl Thank you Mr. Snider

Home Page:
    I think will depend entirely on how Turple plays, and whether there is more to this deal than meets the eye. Deboer doesn't make poor deals as a general rule. DiRienzo and Hesh have both been playing well of late... I think this deal caught a lot of people by surprise.

8. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

I'm just curious, that's all. No big deal.

9. William H Bonney

William H Bonney Registered User

Yeah, he really doesn't have a prayer to make either the USA or Canadian teams in my opinion.

10. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

True dat.

11. Boomhower

Boomhower Registered User

Home Page:
    This guys idea of defence is to reach out and punch opposition players in the face with his glove, as they blow by him. He's a shorthanded situation waiting to happen.

Kitchener essentially gave up on him. They have a deep defence and must have decided they were better off without him, now that Lashoff's back (and looking good too). Turple has shown more than DiRienzo in the past, but as mentioned DiRienzo is playing well now and has an extra year of eligibility when compared to Turple. IMO it could be debated who got the better of the goalie tradeoff . So judging by this trade Hesh's value is really low, about a 5th round OHL pick, give or take an inch.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  12. CharlieGirl

CharlieGirl Thank you Mr. Snider

Home Page:
    I'd say that's a little off..... there's no way you'd get Turple for DiRienzo straight up. Turple has won games for Oshawa; DiRienzo has yet to show that he can steal a game.

You're right though - Hesh has a tendency to take a lot of unnecessary penalties (he's reduced this a little in the last few weeks). When you're playing top teams, you can't constantly be playing shorthanded and expect to have a chance to win.

13. theo6060

theo6060 Registered User

Home Page:
    :handclap:

The guy's really bad. Hard to watch him skate, hard to watch him play defense, hard to watch him play at all. It would be a serious joke if Heshmatpour made EITHER team. The guy has so many things he needs to improve on it's not even funny. I think Oshawa won the trade though. Turple's been playing poorly, but has so much potential. If he gets it going, Kitchener could be going for another OHL championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.