Laval Rocket: Hershey Bears at Laval Rocket 7:00 pm (AHL.tv/RDS.ca)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think the plan was always to give him one. They just took advantage of him being old enough to sign an AHL contract while still having his rights, just like Simoneau and RHP.
I swear you could call him up to Montreal right now and he wouldn't look out of place on the 4th line

Reactions: bopeep and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's the first season he's missed significant time to injury so I do not think that's a fair reason. He's also 11th in points on the team despite playing only half the season. Might be small and not the fastest, but he has a high IQ on both side of the ice.

He's a high IQ player that could definitely fit on a third line depending on his linemates.
Not if I was running the team if we don't have better options we just aren't that good.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I really wish they’d send Gignac back down. I mean, good for him, but going from one of the top scorers in the ahl to playing 10 min a night on the 4th line? Laval needs him a lot. Montreal doesn’t. There’s been countless guys they could’ve grabbed off waivers to fill that roll. If Laval was in a comfortable playoff spot, then I’d have less of a problem with it, but they aren’t. I know it’s super close from 3rd to 6th, but they’re going to really struggle.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I really wish they’d send Gignac back down. I mean, good for him, but going from one of the top scorers in the ahl to playing 10 min a night on the 4th line? Laval needs him a lot. Montreal doesn’t. There’s been countless guys they could’ve grabbed off waivers to fill that roll. If Laval was in a comfortable playoff spot, then I’d have less of a problem with it, but they aren’t. I know it’s super close from 3rd to 6th, but they’re going to really struggle.
Does he have to clear waivers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad