Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
People who follow the rest of the AHL closer than I do, what are some names out there they should be targetting for that AHL1/NHL3 role?

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2017/caphit/all/goalies/ufa

In terms of being a true AHL #1 I would go as follows:

First Tier:
Michael Leighton
Yann Danis
Jeff Zatkoff
Tom McCollum

Jeremy Smith
Justin Peters

Second Tier:
Dan Ellis
Nathan Lieuwan
Kevin Poulin

Bolded are ones that I would like Hershey to check out. Zatkoff and Leighton are obviously the most attractive options in terms of being able to mentor Vitek and providing the ability to play for Washington

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Whoa this came out of nowhere. Extremely surprised by this. If anyone has more info please share because this doesn't seem right.

More from Stuccio's FB page:

With everything that has happened since 11:30 AM on Monday, June 27, I apologize in advance for the length of what I'm about to write. Many of you have already been made aware of this - my brothers and closest friends for sure. But there are SO many people whom I just cannot reach other than through this message, and for that I do apologize. I tried to talk in person to as many as I could.

I'm writing to inform everyone that Hershey Entertainment & Resorts has made the decision to eliminate my full-time position with the company as of June 27. I obviously cannot answer any whos, whys, whats, or anything - and I may never be able to. All I can do is move forward once I get back to my office to lock up for the last time.
I have heard from so many people in the last 48 hours that I simply cannot keep a phone battery charged enough - and that has meant the world to me. I have had offers of help, ears to bend, golf to play, coffee to drink, lunches to eat - the list goes on and on. Trust me, I will take you up on these offers! And it is that kind of love and friendship that has kept my spirits higher than ever.

Whether I continue in hockey remains to be seen. I certainly thought I found my life-loving career, and I do hope another opportunity arises. But with my options wide open, I will see what lies ahead and look forward to the challenge.

There are definite rough hours of the day and night. Until it happens directly to you, I cannot describe what a gut-punch such words of "eliminated position" can be. But I move on with hope and gratitude, thanking each and every one of you - co-workers certainly included - from the bottom of my heart for your patience when I arrived, through five seasons of ups and downs, and through a recent near-get of that 12th Calder Cup. Thanks most especially to my loving family and friends for the support as well... I can only hope I made everyone proud.

Thanks so much for listening, following and hopefully staying with me. It has been an honor and privilege to carry on the torch carried by many voices of the Hershey Bears.
-Scott

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Hutton and Lindback stand out as former Nashville products that might not be able to secure a #2 spot elsewhere. It seems as though there are seven back-up spots open and Reimer, Scrivens, Gustavsson, Montoya, Johnson, Enroth and Khudobin ought to remain in the league. Not sure about #3 spots open elsewhere but it's possible there are fewer back-up spots than that. Boston might go with Subban finally, for instance. The Blues could go with Nilsson.

The Caps ought to have options beyond the typical AHL vet route...something a little closer to NHL back-up quality. That might not be a bad idea given expansion uncertainty the next few years.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The resigning of Sill brings the vet count up to 4 (Bourque, Mitchell, Ness, Sill). 2 slots still open for tomorrow and there should be a few non vets that are going to be targeted as well.

Not sure how it will be handled considering there's no GM in place at the moment but hoping the Caps/Bears don't miss out on any big time FA AHL guys tomorrow

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I texted him and Frank Schoffield, no additional information. Others who usually talk aren't. Something is up.

Thanks for the information. It's a very very odd situation. With no announcement made on the affiliation, no GM, and now he just randomly gets terminated.

I also find it odd that a ton of local media for the Bears and WBS are going out of their ways to say that all the rumors are false.

Please just announce a long term extension and get this all over with

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
Thanks for the information. It's a very very odd situation. With no announcement made on the affiliation, no GM, and now he just randomly gets terminated.

I also find it odd that a ton of local media for the Bears and WBS are going out of their ways to say that all the rumors are false.

Please just announce a long term extension and get this all over with

I am not sure of the affiliation, but I think Frank or Frank and Brock will be the "part timers" next year. Neither one told me, but Brock's "I can't talk about it" when he is not a Herco employee speaks volumes.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I am not sure of the affiliation, but I think Frank or Frank and Brock will be the "part timers" next year. Neither one told me, but Brock's "I can't talk about it" when he is not a Herco employee speaks volumes.

Man no offense to them, but that would be a downgrade and pretty bad

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
WBS loading up their D but still no forward help (yet)

Christian Thomas seems to be a decent add but Hershey needs to add a piece or two down the middle if they want to be a legit contender. Wouldn't mind Jim O'Brien returning

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Dietz seems like the best of the three signings. Him and Thomas are also non vets so still some room to sign a C. Cannata is kind of meh to me. Would have liked to have Leighton out of who was still available.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Needs a skilled top AHL center, signs ****ing Brad Malone. It's not looking good in Hershey. I'm wondering if HERCO is putting an internal budget in place now that Doug is retiring. They better hope DiPauli signs.

Oh and Malone adds another to the vet list. Now only one slot left

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
Malone sure isn't signed for scoring. Could it be for protection for smallish forwards? It doesn't sound good for signing DiPauli as he thinks he has a better path to NHL elsewhere.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Malone sure isn't signed for scoring. Could it be for protection for smallish forwards? It doesn't sound good for signing DiPauli as he thinks he has a better path to NHL elsewhere.

I guess but we already have Sill, Liam, and Mitchell who are all more than capable of filling that role. Plus Sill and Mitchell are already taking up two of our veteran slots

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
IMO the Malone add has more to do with PK duty between losing Collins and Ryan Bourque most likely. Plus, you never know if Stephenson or Walker end up in Washington. DiPauli could have helped in that area but between not being in Hershey in the spring nor development camp that's pretty unlikely at this point.

I like the Dietz signing the most so far pretty easily. It's not unreasonable to think Bowey, Lewington & Dietz could each be recall options for the Caps next year.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Certainly seems like Travis Boyd is closer to the Washington roster than Nathan Walker is, based on the quotes from Trotz/MacLellan recently.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
IMO the Malone add has more to do with PK duty between losing Collins and Ryan Bourque most likely. Plus, you never know if Stephenson or Walker end up in Washington. DiPauli could have helped in that area but between not being in Hershey in the spring nor development camp that's pretty unlikely at this point.

I like the Dietz signing the most so far pretty easily. It's not unreasonable to think Bowey, Lewington & Dietz could each be recall options for the Caps next year.

That makes sense but there are plenty of non vets out there who could be added specifically for a bottom 6 PK role. I rather would have had Ryan Bourque if that was their thinking. He was one of the best Hershey forwards down the stretch.

Hell why not sign Gazely? He was arguably their best PK forward and still shouldn't be a vet

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
On the eventual announcement of renewal of affiliation with Hershey:

“The affiliation [renewal] will coincide with them hiring a GM [to replace outgoing GM Doug Yingst, who is retiring after more than 30 years with the organization]. We’ll work on it as soon as they hire that guy. That will be part of his responsibilities, the new guy, whoever is coming in.

“My understanding is they have it narrowed down to a couple of guys. They’re the ones selecting; we’re monitoring and giving an opinion, but we’re not the ones selecting the guy to work for Hershey. Once that happens, we’ll get going on renewing the affiliation. It’s been a good relationship. It was a really good relationship last year. There is change going on, but we’re comfortable with all of the changes.”

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Habs fan here.

I'm gonna miss Dietz :(

tumblr_lihgk57e9U1qgbkvi.gif

He's a great signing for you guys. He never really got a fair shake in Montreal imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->