Heroes of the Storm

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Yea they really want you to buy the new champs that come out. Couple different sources put out a figure of close to 40 hours of game time, not down time between games, just in game time to earn 10,000 gold. That's winning around 120~ games to get a 10,000 gold champ, the new ones come out I think start at 20,000 or 15,000.

if you do your daily quests you can get at the very least 500 gold a day. thats only 30 games, doing the bare minimum. and each quest takes about 3 games, so you are looking at getting 15000 gold every 2 weeks or so with like 1 hour a day investment. thats faster than the new heroes come out

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
if you do your daily quests you can get at the very least 500 gold a day. thats only 30 games, doing the bare minimum. and each quest takes about 3 games, so you are looking at getting 15000 gold every 2 weeks or so with like 1 hour a day investment. thats faster than the new heroes come out

Does not compute. 3 quests, that each require 3 games or so to complete. Sure if you have a lot of champions already you can knock out multiple at once depending on your RNG for quests, but if not youre looking at 6 games minimum, sometimes more. And the big time quests that grant a legitimate amount of gold are "Win 3 games and Play 8 games." Win 3 games is likely an hour and change assuming your win-rate is 50 pct, and play 8 games is an hour and a half minimum. Also, this is assuming that you are playing EVERY DAY for let's call it 2 hours a day for 2 weeks, that is 14 hours of game time. PLUS the down time between games which depending on which hours you're playing your own group size, how often you bio, break what have you can be a long time. And you don't even get to pick the champs you want to play as you are confined to playing the ones that grant you the quest rewards. All this screams to me a less enjoyable experience if you are legitimately trying to grind your way to new champions.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Does not compute. 3 quests, that each require 3 games or so to complete. Sure if you have a lot of champions already you can knock out multiple at once depending on your RNG for quests, but if not youre looking at 6 games minimum, sometimes more. And the big time quests that grant a legitimate amount of gold are "Win 3 games and Play 8 games." Win 3 games is likely an hour and change assuming your win-rate is 50 pct, and play 8 games is an hour and a half minimum. Also, this is assuming that you are playing EVERY DAY for let's call it 2 hours a day for 2 weeks, that is 14 hours of game time. PLUS the down time between games which depending on which hours you're playing your own group size, how often you bio, break what have you can be a long time. And you don't even get to pick the champs you want to play as you are confined to playing the ones that grant you the quest rewards. All this screams to me a less enjoyable experience if you are legitimately trying to grind your way to new champions.

well, I completely disagree, as I dont even feel like I put much time into the game and ive always had enough gold for the new hero every 3 weeks, but each to their own. its an F2P game, and typically those require grinding, and some ALOT more than HotS does. if you arent enjoying it maybe look for something else?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
When will she be unlocked for everyone else to purchase? When Overwatch launches?
Next week IIRC.

Yea they really want you to buy the new champs that come out. Couple different sources put out a figure of close to 40 hours of game time, not down time between games, just in game time to earn 10,000 gold. That's winning around 120~ games to get a 10,000 gold champ, the new ones come out I think start at 20,000 or 15,000.
New heroes are 15,000 gold for 3 weeks I think (which is when a new hero is released), then down to 10,000.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I feel the Heroes are pretty expensive for casual free-to-play players like myself.

Ideally, it'd just be skins and mounts you pay for, and all heroes would be free as they give you more game play options and, consequently, can actually affect game play.

That said, it's basically the same as League of Legends' format, but with less heroes. So really, I can't complain too hard. I do really like it when micro-transactions have zero affect on game play, though.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
The best way to get gold other than doing the dailies was just getting the heroes up to at least level 5 for the extra gold that you would get from doing so.

I think I'm sitting right at 7K gold right now and I'm honestly thinking of buying a stimpack for 7 days at a $3.99 price tag. Not only for gold though, but to get up in level quicker since I'm only level 35.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, I was getting gold like crazy before I got all the heroes to level 5 (minus Dehaka, Cho, and Gall, all of which I have at 4). After that it slowed down a fair bit, but I still get a decent chunk of gold from quests. I haven't worked up the energy to grind heroes to level 9 for the next payoff.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I got absolutely wrecked by Cho'Gall last night.
How the hell do you stop him. I know that it's two people who control him so it's understandable that it would be kind of tough to stop but holy ****

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I got absolutely wrecked by Cho'Gall last night.
How the hell do you stop him. I know that it's two people who control him so it's understandable that it would be kind of tough to stop but holy ****

As you said he is two players so you were fighting 1v2. Your not supposed to be able to beat him solo. A hero like Leoric can hold his own against a Chol'Gall, but you still won't be able to win 1v2.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lots of changes up on PTR

Chromie is up, and feels a litttle underpowered but we will see. full release on 17th
new Arthas is super strong
new Anub'Arak doesnt accomplish what it intended but hes still alot stronger
bunch of other changes to some heroes

Medivh is also coming soon, expected to be about 3 weeks after Chromie as usual

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Is there a character reveal video for Kel'Thuzad yet? I want to know his abilities.

all his abilities are on the Blizz site, and theres gameplay video up from gamescom (MFPallytime for example)

the full "reveal" is tomorrow

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
From what I have seen being played at Gamescom he looks like a lot of fun.
I already have the gold saved up, so he'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Jaina is probably my favourite Assassin in the game, so the fact they are adding another combo frost mage makes me happy

not to mention that Dreadlord Jaina skin :O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->