Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah not disappointed in anybody, you should be disappointing in everybody Q including yourself.

When your team is struggling to score, struggling to get wins, it might be a better idea to try and replace obvious slugs who even when they play well produce nothing with guys who are playing well in Rockford and have an offensive game. Staying status quo with the team results you are getting is moronic.

Reactions: Rooh

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I would drive Q to the airport myself.

Ok, no, I'd tie him to the roof of my car and drive to the airport. Close enough.
Better to drive him to Union and purchase a long haul ticket on a train unlikely to hit any major hockey city. Q seems like a 'great plains' kinda guy.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Mr. Wirtz, it is time for a coaching change. Please let Mr. Bowman know this as well. Q is way over his head with the team he has now. He is a one system coach with a system that is outdated and has been proven over and over that it does not work in today's NHL.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Read that this morning D-Cat and Hayden both stayed on the ice an extra 30 mons.after practice over in order to practice just SHOOTING!

You mean the great Q does NOT emphasize shoiting at practices? THAT he assumes pros know how to beat go lies with their NHL level shots?If so this would explain the Hawks ...and especialky the vet "stars" not exactly making goalies tremor in fear as their putrid goal scoring and shooting % attests ...Anisimov is an exception though only IF he touches a puck 1 foot or closer to the net .

To suggest the entire Hawks TEAM ought to be stayingbforvextra shooting practice is a NO-BRAINER..or that Q should start giving a lot more scheduled practice time to how t9 beat goalies with shots from medium and longer distances ..but alas he is Country Club Q and would NEVER embarassed his struggling vet stars by imposing such draconian measures ..So instead then practices are battle drills..break-outs and a entries. ..cycling methodology. .but hardly any attention given to shoiting to beat a goalie so that stars can...you know
..score goals lije they are PAID TO.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Well, to be fair, #12 and #40 are apparently probably becoming the "designated shooters" of Quenneville's "system". I mean, #15 has it down, but the rest of teh roster is full of mostly expensive [over-]passers: #88, #19, #8, #2, #7...

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Read that this morning D-Cat and Hayden both stayed on the ice an extra 30 mons.after practice over in order to practice just SHOOTING!

You mean the great Q does NOT emphasize shoiting at practices? THAT he assumes pros know how to beat go lies with their NHL level shots?If so this would explain the Hawks ...and especialky the vet "stars" not exactly making goalies tremor in fear as their putrid goal scoring and shooting % attests ...Anisimov is an exception though only IF he touches a puck 1 foot or closer to the net .

To suggest the entire Hawks TEAM ought to be stayingbforvextra shooting practice is a NO-BRAINER..or that Q should start giving a lot more scheduled practice time to how t9 beat goalies with shots from medium and longer distances ..but alas he is Country Club Q and would NEVER embarassed his struggling vet stars by imposing such draconian measures ..So instead then practices are battle drills..break-outs and a entries. ..cycling methodology. .but hardly any attention given to shoiting to beat a goalie so that stars can...you know

I have been saying the same for a while. Hawks shooters, when they (rarely) decide to do so, are putrid.

NiceGuyDrP

Nov 15, 2013
Not sure why this hasn't been tried yet?

Saad-Toews-Schmaltz
DeBrincat-AA-Kane
Sharp-Hartman-Panik
Bouma-Wingels-Hayden

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Yes, they were literally standing at opposite goal lines and firing slapshots at the other end trying to hit the net and the other was trying to tip it. Hardly hardcore shooting sessions.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yes, they were literally standing at opposite goal lines and firing slapshots at the other end trying to hit the net and the other was trying to tip it. Hardly hardcore shooting sessions.

And that gets reported? Must have been a slow news day.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, it wasn't shooting practice...LOL.

Looks like they were just horsing around, seeing who could hit the net from the other end of the ice with a wrist or slap shot. Of course 50 makes it a big deal.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, it wasn't shooting practice...LOL.

Looks like they were just horsing around, seeing who could hit the net from the other end of the ice with a wrist or slap shot. Of course 50 makes it a big deal.

True enough but the point remains: Blackhawks shooters have been horrific for a while and with Panarin gone it stands out more this season.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
True enough but the point remains: Blackhawks shooters have been horrific for a while and with Panarin gone it stands out more this season.

I don’t think we have good shooters. Most of the guys we have get their goals from in front of the net and our D is eternally horrible at getting the puck there. It’s telling that Franson has 5 assists in 10 games. We need more D like that. I hope these young D coming up can thread the needle.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, Hawks have never really had snipers on their team. Sharp was pretty good back in the day, and Panarin the last 2 years. But this is a skill that isn't really coachable. You either have a great shot and placement, or you don't. You can work on it and make it slightly better, but you aren't suddenly going to be a sniper with better coaching. That's just silly.

And just an FYI, we are on pace to score more goals than we have since 2013-14 season. So I don't think it's a big deal.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Rockford's power play is worlds better than the Hawks, by the way. Had a chance to watch them Saturday. It was refreshing to see.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It helps that guys are setup properly and there are multiple one timers and shooting options available. They also don't stand around with their thumbs up their asses watching. They are always moving. So basically, they are coached by someone who knows what he's doing....

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It helps that guys are setup properly and there are multiple one timers and shooting options available. They also don't stand around with their thumbs up their asses watching. They are always moving. So basically, they are coached by someone who knows what he's doing....
Is that why the Hawks PP is something like 6 out of the last 17? Seems to me the Hawks are finally doing what they should on the PP.

And then there is this tweet from last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->