Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
you cannot have all your forwards behind the net,passing the puck back and forth.they get opened and no one is in front of the net.
that is our offence,in a nut shell.even our power play is based on perimeter hockey.
we have no players going to the dirty spots.only open man is the defence.
and yet that elementary idea of hockey is lost on the present Bhawks coaching....

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
What is this team's system? I can't tell anymore. They look disorganized. The defense in their own zone is atrocious. No one blocks shots, no one hits anybody, no one clears the front of the net. They bunch in the middle, allow the other team to ring the boards and get a shot. Then hope the goalie holds on or they can clear the rebound.

The offense looks like a Chinese fire drill.

And the power play, oh my! Don't get me started.

Reactions: Eriksson

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
It Looks more and more that Q has to be gone at the end of the year. Just would Need to find a new HC for Rockford. Just bring up Colliton and give it a try. He already knows some of the young Players and I think I'd like it.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
What is this team's system? I can't tell anymore. They look disorganized. The defense in their own zone is atrocious. No one blocks shots, no one hits anybody, no one clears the front of the net. They bunch in the middle, allow the other team to ring the boards and get a shot. Then hope the goalie holds on or they can clear the rebound.

The offense looks like a Chinese fire drill.

And the power play, oh my! Don't get me started.
I wish the offense looked like a Chinese fire drill. That would at least imply people are moving around.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
The players are all "Chinese volunteers" (Polish idiom) in Quenneville's "system". The opposing goalie is treated like a "Chinese wall". It's like "Chinese water torture" on the fans. Dammit, I'm out of "Chinese" terms. Mmmmmm, me wants some "Chinese [American food]" for lunch.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The great Coach Q? has not had a Hawks team where both special teams were at or above the middle of the league.

I wonder how many times Babcock has?:D

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Just bringing this to the top to keep documenting Q’s idiotic management if the roster.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The great Coach Q? has not had a Hawks team where both special teams were at or above the middle of the league.

I wonder how many times Babcock has?:D

Eh, there's been plenty to dissect about Babcock's coaching this season as well. Your specific point may very well be true, but there are other things one can cut down and take a good look at.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
People are assuming Colliton is the guy to replace Q. This season is far gone, lost, finished. There will be far more available high quality candidates to replace Q once the season is over. They might as well let Q stay with team Titanic until the end of the season and have far more to choose from for a replacement.

Reactions: LDF

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
People are assuming Colliton is the guy to replace Q. This season is far gone, lost, finished. There will be far more available high quality candidates to replace Q once the season is over. They might as well let Q stay with team Titanic until the end of the season and have far more to choose from for a replacement.

I don't think I've seen anyone assume Colliton is replacing him. He's been discussed as a potential candidate but I don't think anyone's making that assumption that he's the guy. I also think most feel that Q is not getting fired, if he is fired, until after the season is over with.

Reactions: BK

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think I've seen anyone assume Colliton is replacing him. He's been discussed as a potential candidate but I don't think anyone's making that assumption that he's the guy. I also think most feel that Q is not getting fired, if he is fired, until after the season is over with.

100%. I don't get how people jump to conclusions like this but it happens all the time on here (SS this is not directed at you).

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i hate to just just in blindly, but yes, have Q finish this season. nothing can be gain for relieving him of his duty early.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i had a heated exchange with a poster on who was going to be the next coach. i kept on saying that there would be some available. however the point is, i was persuaded to chg my mind and say that Colition will be the next coach..... this was of course on this site.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
you dress 2 RHD and 4 LHD and you have 3 players on their off-side.
you put Hinostroza and his speed (that created a goal during a line change) on the 4th line to have Jurco on Kanes wing.
you see that Wingles is good as 4th line player and put him in the Top6.
don't get me started on the PP.

can I just read Q clears waivers and sent down to RFD, Colliton called up?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
you dress 2 RHD and 4 LHD and you have 3 players on their off-side.
you put Hinostroza and his speed (that created a goal during a line change) on the 4th line to have Jurco on Kanes wing.
you see that Wingles is good as 4th line player and put him in the Top6.
don't get me started on the PP.

can I just read Q clears waivers and sent down to RFD, Colliton called up?

You clearly dont understand that they are showcasing players?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
You clearly dont understand that they are showcasing players?
I do, but I'm more of believer that a team who wants to trade for player xy wants to see him in the role he will get.
for example: no team wants Wingles in the Top6, why showcase him with more time on ice in the Top6? I'd want him as bottom 6 energy player and thats how they should show him.
Nobody wants Jurco on a line with Kane, why show them he can't keep up instead of showing what he actually can?
You play Oesterle on his off side and 1st pair? Why exactly? No team will want him as 20+ minutes guy.

that about the showcase, but we are talking Q and this is what Q does and has done in the past. Bollig in the Top6, great times.
This is on Q and only on his stupid line ideas. Just play players on positions they should be. Can't wait to see him fired.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I do, but I'm more of believer that a team who wants to trade for player xy wants to see him in the role he will get.
for example: no team wants Wingles in the Top6, why showcase him with more time on ice in the Top6? I'd want him as bottom 6 energy player and thats how they should show him.
Nobody wants Jurco on a line with Kane, why show them he can't keep up instead of showing what he actually can?
You play Oesterle on his off side and 1st pair? Why exactly? No team will want him as 20+ minutes guy.

that about the showcase, but we are talking Q and this is what Q does and has done in the past. Bollig in the Top6, great times.
This is on Q and only on his stupid line ideas. Just play players on positions they should be. Can't wait to see him fired.
you also have to take in consideration that by moving those players into important roles, they are providing them with important minutes, hence a better way to show case them for other team to see them as a viable player for their team. esp considering the terrible season the team is having.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
you also have to take in consideration that by moving those players into important roles, they are providing them with important minutes, hence a better way to show case them for other team to see them as a viable player for their team. esp considering the terrible season the team is having.

Stop with this, just stop.

These guys are what they have been for 60 games, no surprises coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad