Here's the whole NHL proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I agree that the NHL will have to accept some form of revenue sharing (it will be good for the sport), but the PA must accept some form of cap. Plain and simple.

Hopefully these two see beyond their self-indulgent interests and put the game first, and get on with it.

The ball would seem to be in the NHLPA's court.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Rick Middleton said:
My point was and still is is that if they continue to squabble over how to divide up that $2.1 billion dollar pie, they'll soon realize that fans won't be willing to support a league, and players specifically, whose salary demands far exceed their worth when compared to the other major leagues. And therefore, we will be able to affect the overall (and average) salary by lessening that 'pie'.

Then we are in agreement, just a matter of semantics.

BTW, I think we are at the point that you describe above. Just a matter of the two sides finding a negotiable solution. Sooner or later, it will come, I'm confident.

EaGLE1

Feb 17, 2004
Quebec City
BlackRedGold said:
Beliveau was the original NHLer to hold out for more money.

at that time, it was normal.

Beliveau said, maybe a month ago that he have always supported the NHLPA but now, enough is enough, the NHLPA lost their minds.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Trottier said:
:lol

You are joking, correct?

You hold a stupid ticket stub in your hand, a beer in the other and you seriously think that owners of clubs and professionals earning millions of dollars should listen to you? :speechles

Talk about the modern fan injecting himself into the sport. Talk about self-importance beyond all proportion. :joker:

You are a paying customer. You don't like the entertainment, the way the business conducts itself, go elsewhere. In that way, you have a a tangible impact, but that is where your influence ends.

To actually suggest that you should have a say in the livelihoods of players and owners and how they run their business is the height of delusion and folly. :joker:

Funny isn't it. :) Might as well ask the owners to not charge so much for tickets or put a more exciting product out there. IMHO, the owners are trying to protect themselves from....themselves. Bettman tries to blame just the system but it's the owners and GM's who can't control themselves.

I like the question that someone asked Bettman today that will ticket prices be reduced or streamlined like what the NHL wants with player salaries. bettman basically tried to dodge that question since the NHL teams will set their own price for tickets. I really wonder if they are going to reduce that.

IMO, the UFA age doesn't mean a whole lot if there's a strict cap in place. Like Newsguyone said, if the NHL ever got a strict cap and a low one than it doesn't matter how everything else turns out. Really. You could have UFA for anyone 20 and over and it won't make the salaries escalate into absurd numbers. If you only have $30 million to work with, you can only sign so many players.

I'm not very optimistic that a deal can be done. IMO, the NHLPA has been more flexible than the NHL has been in trying to get a deal done. And it's really funny how some people really think the NHL or NHLPA is thinking of us, the fans the most. They don't. It's all about the money.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Coffey77 said:
I like the question that someone asked Bettman today that will ticket prices be reduced or streamlined like what the NHL wants with player salaries. bettman basically tried to dodge that question since the NHL teams will set their own price for tickets. I really wonder if they are going to reduce that.

a) I seriously doubt Bettman has been given the power set ticket prices so it pointless to ask him to do it. Ask the owners directly.

b) if salaries are tied to revenues then players would want higher ticket prices not lower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad