Hensick vs. Sterling

FreshClean

Aug 29, 2006
Which one will see NHL action next season. If both who will do better next season?
Who is the overall better player?
What style is their game, and who will have a better overall career?

Just curious as to what everyone thinks. Thanks for the input.

Bam Beet*

I'm not sure about Sterling but I can give some info on Hensick.

Hensick is going to have to earn his spot come training camp. Unless he pulls a "Stastny" he'll most likely be getting top minutes in the AHL. He's a very fast player, great hands and great vision. He's a playmaker through and through. He led the NCAA in scoring.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
I think both will see very little NHL action this coming season.

I think Hensick will be the better NHLer. Better vision than Sterling. Hensick has the passing skills to make any linemates up his goal scoring production overnight.

I have seen both play inline and ice. Even though So Cal is producing some good ice hockey players, the main reason is So Cal's sick inline circuit

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
I really like Hensick and I think he will do very well in the NHL. Hensick is a great playmaker with soft hands and good hockey sense. He is small but he makes up for it with his skating and vision. Fifty points is not out of the question for him if he is in the NHL next year. I just hope the Avs have room for him in the lineup. I haven't seen Sterling so I can't say anything about him.

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site
Sterling is being stenciled in for a spot on the Thrashers -- basically it's his to lose.

What else does he have to prove at the AHL level anyway, the only thing would be to improve his defense.

I've only seen Hensick on TV, so it seems that there are very few who can speak to both.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
I think I remember Sterling being on the cover of some hockey publication when he was younger (like 13-15), being touted as a future superstar. Maybe a USA Hockey magazine. I guess he didn't grow since that article, since he's like 5'7" or 5'8". I'm hoping he does alright in the NHL because it seems like he has some talent.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Seen some of both. I think Hensick will be the better player, but Sterling is ahead in development andhas a clearer path to the NHL.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Hensick's got playmaking and Sterling has a bit more talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad