Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I honestly have no idea why you decided this was personal towards you.
Like I said

"I have to assume your comment refers to the conversation about his salary that... dominated the previous few pages..."

You say you could call me out specifically but you didn't call anyone out, yet clearly the comment is directed at SOMEONE.

"Hurr durr" is an acceptable way of calling someone Pejorative Slured on the boards. (Which is interesting to me because the word itself is censored here). So IF you were basically calling me Pejorative Slured bc I discussed his salary as a possible overpayment (due to cap reasons) then I felt the need to respond.

I wish people would simply call out who they're talking about more often. When you simply call out a general premise (Like his salary) it opens the possibility that you're aiming at a target you didn't intend to. Didn't think I was whining much, just pointing out that i thought it was a bit strong to insinuate people are Pejorative Slured in this context but, what can ya do? Sometimes we whine.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Imagine being a coach in the NHL and your goalies are Luongo -> Schneider -> Hank

I mean... come on.

giphy.gif

I need AV to go to a team with a bad goalie. Inject it right into my veins.

Imagine him returning to Vancouver now? Markstrom would get his ass lit the f*** up

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Like I said

"I have to assume your comment refers to the conversation about his salary that... dominated the previous few pages..."

You say you could call me out specifically but you didn't call anyone out, yet clearly the comment is directed at SOMEONE.

"Hurr durr" is an acceptable way of calling someone ******ed on the boards. (Which is interesting to me because the word itself is censored here). So IF you were basically calling me ******ed bc I discussed his salary as a possible overpayment (due to cap reasons) then I felt the need to respond.

I wish people would simply call out who they're talking about more often. When you simply call out a general premise (Like his salary) it opens the possibility that you're aiming at a target you didn't intend to. Didn't think I was whining much, just pointing out that i thought it was a bit strong to insinuate people are ******ed in this context but, what can ya do? Sometimes we whine.

Like a moth to flame I see a passive aggressive comment that insinuates I have some kind of mental ******ation (Which hurr durr implies) simply for having a valid opinion and I have to respond.

I have to assume your comment refers to the conversation about his salary that everyone else let go but dominated the previous few pages of this thread. (How could I not assume you're referencing this?)

Even if you AREN'T I still say that he can have these phenomenal numbers over his career (a career in which he played under different contracts, not just this current one) and still be overpaid NOW based solely on performance over the life of THIS contract. Career wise you can also argue he deserves to be overpaid bc of, dare I say it, generational numbers like those shown here.

But sure, "hurr durr"what a half witted thing for me to say? Because saying a player could be slightly overpaid is the same as having Down syndrome apparently ?

If you step back and look at the situation as an outsider do these responses seem appropriate to you (relative to pretty innocuous "Hurr Durr.."?

Reactions: Miamipuck

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Nah...currwnt favourite kid is still a.d.a. as weird as that sounds considering how much I hate his politics and his attitude
Did you see the mic'd up episode where he fought Simmonds? All Simmonds said was: "I think America was already great" and I've never seen the gloves come off a player faster.

You guys, I am literally a troll account at this point.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
If you step back and look at the situation as an outsider do these responses seem appropriate to you (relative to pretty innocuous "Hurr Durr.."?

In the context of the last few weeks where i was bombarded with rude, insulting comments repeatedly and specifically bc of my opinion on hanks cap/salary. Hell yes. I'm pretty sure my response is warranted in the context that some1 seemed to be insinuating I'm mentally Pejorative Slured, period. Let alone insinuating it bc i discussed the mere possibility that lundqvist is a little overpaid in his current contract.

Again, i wish folks called out who they mean to instead of hiding behind generalities. Let's not pretend i flipped out. I pointed out that someone was insinuating im Pejorative Slured (bc again, that IS what 'hurr durr' insinuates) and that i thought that was pretty extreme considering the topic

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Again, i wish folks called out who they mean to instead of hiding behind generalities. Let's not pretend i flipped out. I pointed out that someone was insinuating im ******ed (bc again, that IS what 'hurr durr' insinuates) and that i thought that was pretty extreme considering the topic

Take your moral superiority somewhere else and know your meme.

Hurr Durr | Know Your Meme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad