Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist out 2-3 weeks with lower body injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
The probability of Henrik not getting hurt on a random play is infinitely higher than him suffering a career ender..either way who cares.

The poster I quoted said that with Shattenkirk in our lineup, Hank wouldn't have been injured. It works both ways. Shattenkirk being in our lineup could have resulted in a play occurring where Hank suffered a career-ending injury. One hypothetical scenario is just as likely as any other hypothetical scenario. Doesn't matter in the end.

Back on topic, Raanta has been solid this year, have no anxiousness with him covering for a couple of weeks. Hopefully Hank is able to get back in the flow of things quickly when he's ready.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
The poster I quoted said that with Shattenkirk in our lineup, Hank wouldn't have been injured. It works both ways. Shattenkirk being in our lineup could have resulted in a play occurring where Hank suffered a career-ending injury. One hypothetical scenario is just as likely as any other hypothetical scenario. Doesn't matter in the end.

Back on topic, Raanta has been solid this year, have no anxiousness with him covering for a couple of weeks. Hopefully Hank is able to get back in the flow of things quickly when he's ready.

The odds of something rare (career ending injury) happening is not the same as the odds of something common (a minor injury) happening just because it's hypothetical. Still goes to the probability of the event and how that changes based on a variable.

The odds of Eli Manning suffering any injury are higher with Flowers vs. a Joe Thomas yet a career ending injury is still very, very unlikely vs. a minor injury.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Fantasy hockey guy here....

My goalies are
Lundqvist - Injured
Hellberg
Crawford
Darling

3 games next week for Blackhawks
4 games next week for Rangers

Should I just start Crawford and Darling, or do you think Hellberg will get a game or two? Any word if Lundqvist's injury isn't as bad?

Crawford and Hellberg?

Injuries suck.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Can't give you advice from a fantasy perspective, but it's unlikely Hellberg gets any action.

Thanks. Probably the safe bet is just go with the Blackhawks duo. Only picked up Hellberg because of the injury.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I see we called up Hellberg again today on an emergency loan. I still don't get why we sent him down in the first place...how much money could we possibly have saved? Anyway, he won't get a start. Not after the 3 day break and then the 2 day break prior to the next back-to-backer. Raanta can handle it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Raanta has his limits - hopefully Henrik recover before playoffs.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
This could backfire - Raanta might win too many games (after all, he has better save% than Hank and was lights out previously when he finally got several games in a row as starter) and NYR are suddenly back in Metro top 3...

Last edited:

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Damn he's sucked all season now literally. Maybe he's got a psychological injury or something now after all the earlier years of playing on **** teams.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Damn he's sucked all season now literally. Maybe he's got a psychological injury or something now after all the earlier years of playing on **** teams.
Maybe you missed the headline that he just returned from an injury and needs to get back into the groove? If he has sucked all season according to your opinion, you have some pretty ridiculous goalie standards.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe you missed the headline that he just returned from an injury and needs to get back into the groove? If he has sucked all season according to your opinion, you have some pretty ridiculous goalie standards.

He had a 2.70 GAA going into THIS game. What ridiculous goalie standards? His numbers are bad backup numbers, not elite #1 goalie numbers. What ridiculous goalie standards? Is it possible that you just don't want to admit that he sucks this year because he's a favorite player of yours?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He had a 2.70 GAA going into THIS game. What ridiculous goalie standards? His numbers are bad backup numbers, not elite #1 goalie numbers. What ridiculous goalie standards? Is it possible that you just don't want to admit that he sucks this year because he's a favorite player of yours?
Because he claimed he has sucked ass all season, when Hank has played very good hockey for 2.5 months up until the injury (meaning: half the season). If you consider the last 2.5 months Hank has played as "sucked ass", you have ridiculous goalie standards, or you're hyperbole as ****.

If you cannot understand how one bad half season and one good half season can lead to such stats, I'm not the one who have the interest nor the time to talk about how statistics work.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Because he claimed he has sucked ass all season, when Hank has played very good hockey for 2.5 months up until the injury (meaning: half the season). If you consider the last 2.5 months Hank has played as "sucked ass", you have ridiculous goalie standards, or you're hyperbole as ****.

If you cannot understand how one bad half season and one good half season can lead to such stats, I'm not the one who have the interest nor the time to talk about how statistics work.

2.5 months before the injury? No. Not the case.

He was good in February, the month before the injury, but fairly poor in January.

So far his March is resembling his October. Not good.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
He's only been good for 1.5 months in the entire season. And I don't know if he's still hurt but if he's not this total lack of concentration like if he doesn't play every day he can't focus and all this other nonsense is wearing thin at this point. Bad defense or not a lot, way too many goals he's allowed this season have been weaksauce. He's not a rookie or a second year player. He's a 12 year vet. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He's only been good for 1.5 months in the entire season. And I don't know if he's still hurt but if he's not this total lack of concentration like if he doesn't play every day he can't focus and all this other nonsense is wearing thin at this point. Bad defense or not a lot, way too many goals he's allowed this season have been weaksauce. He's not a rookie or a second year player. He's a 12 year vet. He needs to get his head out of his ass.
Consistently, yes, but not if you also add the small streaks of good play during his bad months. A week here and there adds up.

To have his first bad season after 12 seasons is remarkable. But around here, it's terrible I guess, because it's right now. I really don't care whether Lundqvist goes into God mode or plays mediocre goaltending. This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway and have no chance at the Cup. The defense was bad last season and even worse this season, you don't need much more than that.

Back on thread topic; everybody knew it would take a while for Hank to get back to his game after coming back to injury and get back in game mode. To top it off, his first two games are against two very good teams, where the team doesn't help him out at all. Like that wouldn't stop some from throwing Hank under the bus, again. Like clockwork.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Play raanta. He gives us the best chance to win. Let hank find his game in practice. This team is in the dumps and much if it is due to hank pouting and playing like ass.

Based upon av's coaching decisions both in game - which suck and his choice of players to rag on and make examples of- which also suck, I fear the favorites will play and we will
Lose.

Bottom line, right now it's about winning and gaining momentum into the playoffs. Winning breeds winning and I'm sorry but henrik looks absolutely awful. He's back to whining after every goal.

Last night was a henrik lundqvist dumpster fire.

Play raanta. Win games.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
2.5 months before the injury? No. Not the case.

He was good in February, the month before the injury, but fairly poor in January.

So far his March is resembling his October. Not good.
This. He's been the worst player on the team this season. They're probably competing for Presidents Trophy with a better starter.

Haven't heard from the Prince Chad dude in a while.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This. He's been the worst player on the team this season. They're probably competing for Presidents Trophy with a better starter.

Haven't heard from the Prince Chad dude in a while.
Are you talking worst as in expectations before the season, or worst as in straight down the worst player on the team?

If you mean worst as in compared to expectations, sure, you have an argument. If you mean straight down worst player on the team, I want to know which planet you're from.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
He's back from injury. There is no need for us to continue to herd cats in this thread. Use Lundqvist's player discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->