Prospect Info: Henrik Borgström (2016, #23 overall), Univ. of Denver (NCAA), signed ELC on 3/26/2018

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Dadonov Barkov Bjugstad
Huberdeau Trocheck Malgin/Vatrano
Malgin/Vatrano Borgstrom Sceviour
McGinn McCann Mamin

Let's Go Boys....This will never happen

I think they will add Malgin o him if he plays Center. 3rd Line Center listen good, not Top Minutes but enough Minutes to get him into the NHL Level. Add then another 2 Way player if he makes a mistake that someone could help him. And as usual 1 veteran for advice and talking.

malgin Borgstrom Sceviour/McGinn could be a possible Line. If Vatrano can´t hold this Level i see him also with Hub/Tro on the 2nd Line, cause then he have 2 Top6 Players with skill in his Line.
But Tallon is loyal and i dont think they place the "Captain" in the PressBox. I would like the move, McCann already played a bit of McK role on Bottom 6 Line and PK. But McK still is has the expierence and FO% advantage with him, what speaks for him special in the PO. If we are able to reach them.

Hub/Tro/Bor
McGinn/Borg/Malgin
for me the most possible Line Combination.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Crazy that he is in the top 5 in NCAA scoring despite being a sophomore, a year younger than the 4 other kids, and the other 4 kids are 2 pairs of players from high scoring teams. Borgstrom plays on the second line without Terry who is arguably Denver's best player.

I remember being hyped for guys like Bjugstad, Shore, and Grimaldi, but their numbers weren't anything like Borgstrom's.

This kid has loads of potential to do well in the NHL. And the great thing is that he's not required to be the man. Before Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau we had nothing. Henrik is gonna be a supplement to this young core. That's a good formula for a kid to succeed. Barkov takes him under his wing and shows him the ropes etc.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Crazy that he is in the top 5 in NCAA scoring despite being a sophomore, a year younger than the 4 other kids, and the other 4 kids are 2 pairs of players from high scoring teams. Borgstrom plays on the second line without Terry who is arguably Denver's best player.

I remember being hyped for guys like Bjugstad, Shore, and Grimaldi, but their numbers weren't anything like Borgstrom's.

This kid has loads of potential to do well in the NHL. And the great thing is that he's not required to be the man. Before Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau we had nothing. Henrik is gonna be a supplement to this young core. That's a good formula for a kid to succeed. Barkov takes him under his wing and shows him the ropes etc.

Grinch-Heart.gif

Never seen you be so positive....made me think of this scene from the Grinch.
Great post!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He is gonna play in the top six, so IMO while he is a center in college, he will be put on the wing in the NHL. He is gonna replace Nick or Malgin/Vatrano, as soon as next season.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
He is gonna play in the top six, so IMO while he is a center in college, he will be put on the wing in the NHL. He is gonna replace Nick or Malgin/Vatrano, as soon as next season.

I would like him for the rest of the Season with Hub/Barkov and in his first Full Season 3rd Line center that he get slowly in the NHL Level. and he already shows in NCAA, he is a to strong Center that you place him on the Wing. I see it more that he must get some good Wingers in addition to his play. No need to rush or pressure him into Top6 Role, lets build him steady. If he aims for it from start, then the question will be can he play Winger. I never heard that he played Winger once before. Bjugstad also need time to adjust to the Wings, most straight Center need time for it.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Cant ease a rookie into the league on the 3rd line, he is not a defensive guy, and needs top 6 talent around him to really shine.

Special, special talent.

Cant go wrong with either Barky or Tro, allow him not have to drive his line, just play off his linemates.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
3rd Lina has nothing to do with defensive Guy. :D :D :D Sorry what a joke. I mean our best defebsive Forward is our 1st Line Center. Your sight of Hockey Lines managment a bit old.
The only thing in today Hockey is, skill and talent. Cause in todays Hockey Time everyone must play 2 Way game. Can´t win a Cup with only offensive game.

So 3rd Line means only limited Icetime or less Icetime then Toplines. and when you have 3 good Lines you can lower the IceTime of the Top6 Lines. What allows them to play with more energy during there shifts and in a longer time and games.
If he runs a own Line could help next Season. I don´t know if he is able ro play winger or could be a effective Winger.
When someone knows more if he could do or where could he most effective then help.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Cant ease a rookie into the league on the 3rd line, he is not a defensive guy, and needs top 6 talent around him to really shine.

Special, special talent.

Cant go wrong with either Barky or Tro, allow him not have to drive his line, just play off his linemates.

It's the Panthers fans way of bringing talent into the lineup: doubt him for not living up to the hype by assigning him to play with below team's average players and then receive your confirmation that you were right about him being a bust.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Did Patrick Laine play 3rd line as a rookie? No successful rookie has started on third line? Doesn't Borg need to go through training camp and win a spot like anyone else?

Past results in college don't guarantee future performance in NHL.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

Except that Borg is Denver's best player.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Did Patrick Laine play 3rd line as a rookie? No successful rookie has started on third line? Doesn't Borg need to go through training camp and win a spot like anyone else?

Making an outlandish comparison to what I said doesnt make it less true, he is bound for the top 6.

He does have to earn a spot but he would probably be our 6th best forward today.

He will come to camp next year, and you will see. Its all good.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

Not Necessarily. It's up to the coach. Maurice for an example likes to put his young newbies with Scheifele to introduce them into the league. He did it with Ehlers, Laine and now Connor.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Making an outlandish comparison to what I said doesnt make it less true, he is bound for the top 6.

He does have to earn a spot but he would probably be our 6th best forward today.

He will come to camp next year, and you will see. Its all good.
Why was my comparison outlandish? What's actually outlandish is your claim that my comparison was outlandish.

It's an apples to apples comparison. I'm being objective, you're gunning for someone you currently like, to be someone you want him to be, before he is.

Borg will come to camp, he'll make the team, but I wouldn't start assigning placement quite yet.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Not Necessarily. It's up to the coach. Maurice for an example likes to put his young newbies with Scheifele to introduce them into the league. He did it with Ehlers, Laine and now Connor.
The Panthers always like to say "everyone's gotta earn their spot" on the roster. Does Maurice dictate what Panthers do?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Dunno, i just said that it's up to the coach and not a rule.
I'm trying to make a valid point, and instead of acknowledging it as a possibly valid and reasonable thought (sort of "don't count your chickens before they've hatched"), I got two sideswipes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad