Help put OLN on WideOpenWest Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShirt

Feb 17, 2005
MSG
naihlflames said:
If you have WideOpenWest (WOW) basic cable and your service area does not have OLN (Detroit does not), please follow this link to request the service. If enough of us request it, maybe WOW will add OLN to their basic package. Thank you.

http://www1.wowway.com/wowform.asp?questid=channel

What's the point? You will probably end up with some fishing show anyhow. They are slowly starting to black out tons of cable companies. The game wasn't on Time Warner lastnight.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
I have WOW in Detroit too. They'll probably the last cable company to add it, since they're a pretty bitter rival with Comcast here.

Another in a long line of brilliant moves made by Gary. Being on ESPN2 is an insult, we're going to a channel that 80% of the country can't get. Pure genius.

Thresher

Jun 30, 2004
HECK
I have yet to see a hockey game on OLN

right now they have the Bruins/Canadiens scheduled, but yet I'm watching an OUTDOOR BBQ competition

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
hockeytown9321 said:
I have WOW in Detroit too. They'll probably the last cable company to add it, since they're a pretty bitter rival with Comcast here.

Another in a long line of brilliant moves made by Gary. Being on ESPN2 is an insult, we're going to a channel that 80% of the country can't get. Pure genius.

Gary hasn't made a single public comment on the troubles surrounding OLN :(

This is what happens the the cable company owns the television network

Thresher

Jun 30, 2004
HECK
I forgot to add...when I leave OLN on in the background....sometimes I'll hear

"...as they take on the SHARKS!"

so I snap my head around expecting a promo for an upcoming game...only to discover it's a spot for ocean sportfishing :(

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Thresher said:
I forgot to add...when I leave OLN on in the background....sometimes I'll hear

"...as they take on the SHARKS!"

so I snap my head around expecting a promo for an upcoming game...only to discover it's a spot for ocean sportfishing :(

At least,we know what proper bait to use ;)

08Neely

Blades of Steel
Mar 17, 2003
Sunny Arizona
Visit site
If you don't have OLN you aren't missing a whole lot
Shoddy video, terrible camera work, bad audio, video freezing, and on and on.

Last nights B's Habs game gave me a headache just watching it

Old Hickory

Thresher said:

right now they have the Bruins/Canadiens scheduled, but yet I'm watching an OUTDOOR BBQ competition
I saw the game twice last night. It must be something with your local cable company.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Thresher said:

That is the way it is here in Colorado for Dish Network subscribers. I called my satellite company the other day and asked what the deal was and they said Comcast reneged on the agreement they had in place to broadcast the hockey games. In other words Comcast refused to send them the programming Dish Network paid them for.

In the mean time OLN shows the same idiotic fishing shows and BBQ competitions while I know somewhere others are watching a hockey game on that same channel. :eek:

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
I'm in South Texas and we've only been able to watch the season opener on OLN. After that despite it being listed on the guide it has been some fishing or outdoor show.

I'm on Cox Cable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->