Help Me Settle This Argument! Havlat Vs. Gaborik - Who turned into the better player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
In the ducks series No one could score on Giguer. He shut out the red wings and the stars and us. pluse his goalie pads were huge.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
trentmccleary said:
Havlat just put up a PPG season. Gaborik hasn't really come close to that yet.

like many have said, that was in ottawa, and look who he was playing with.

from what i've seen of them both, Gaborik has better offensive skills.

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
Havlat is my favorite player in the NHL but i still pick Gaborik. Both will blow up this year, and if they switched teams Havlat wouldnt even be in the same class as Gaborik. Gaborik is a better defensive player, faster, and better puckhandler, but Havlat has a fire about him, he can realy agitate when need be. I would say Gaborik by a lot, but this is a realy good point, so i pick Gaborik, but for this reason and this reason alone, only by a hair.

I'd have to pick Havlat over Gaborik for one major reason:
Consistency.

AgentNaslund*

Marion Gaborik is better. Easily. If I chose one guy, I chose him. Yes hes a wimp, but I watched him play against vancouver in a playoff game, hes just flat out awesome

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Sens4Cup said:
I'd have to pick Havlat over Gaborik for one major reason:
Consistency.

Both are very talented offensive players, both show their offensive brilliance often. Both have scored 30 goals in a season etc. etc.

But Havlat has been the player who tends to score with relative consistency. He'll also have the nights where he'll get a hat trick, but unlike Gaborik he'll produce points throughout the season, and tends not to have scoring slumps.

Gaborik on the other hand tends to produce hugely at times and then none at all at other times. In the Vancouver-Minnesota series he absolutely dominated, but disappeared for the Ducks series. In 2002-03 he was one of the top goal scorers for most of the season, before he disappeared for the last 25 games or so.

Havlat is a guy who shows up every night, and has produced better stats each season he's played. I expect this season that he'll get to 75-85 points with 35-40 goals in his increased role. Gaborik could either be a 100 point player this year or 50, he's just more of a crapshoot.

ok... coming from a person named Sens4Cuo

Sens4Cup

Mar 25, 2005
TaiMaiShu said:
ok... coming from a person named Sens4Cuo

Actually it's Sens4Cup, Sens4Cuo doesn't make any sense, though maybe Sens4Cujo might. Anyways, I think my analysis was relatively well balanced, and if you'd like to comment on it then do so, but everyone on here supports a team, otherwise what's the point, so an intelligent counter to my argument seems more reasonable than a snap judgement.

turnbuckle*

Pretty hard to settle this argument when were talking about players under 25 years of age. Get back to me in a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad