help me rank these 10 players (step below blue chip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Jason MacIsaac said:
You do know 7 hits is simply amazing in a game for a forward.

Yeah, it is. By the way, he deflected the OT winning goal (I think it was accidental though) while screening the goalie so finally he has one goal, one assist and 7 hits. Not bad. But it was like Bruins team #3...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
OK, I will admit I was wrong there. Also I don't mean to attack Ryan I am just trying to stand for Latendresse. Ryan may be better now and in the future but the disresepct Latendresse is getting because Montreal drafted him is downright silly.

I think the disrespect for him has to do with him being drafted in the late second round. I personally think he was a steal, but people don't think little has changed since since the draft where he wasn't even a first rounder.

Randall Graves*

Jason MacIsaac said:
Reveille....I would really like to ask you how many damn times you seen Latendresse play...Its quite obvious you haven't seen him play probably since Christmas last year. Your comments on his skating in a past thread made you look like a fool saying your grama can skate faster. This past draft was weak...Pouliot is a huge risk, Ryan is a worse skater then Latendresse and Brule has little man syndrom thinking he is 6`9. Kopitar is a wildcard....other then that up front there isn't much. Latendresse has been proving and continues to prove tonight that he belongs in the list with those forwards at the current time.
How many times have you watched Ryan play? Since the draft he has gotten in much better shape, in his FIRST game in the OHL with no training camp he had 2 goals and 2 assists in LIMITED playing time.

I've seen him play a handful of times so I'm not gonna act like an expert, i'll leave that to people who see him play on a regular basis, such as gagneowns.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jason MacIsaac said:
You do know 7 hits is simply amazing in a game for a forward.

1g 1a 7 hits...4 huge one's......just for the record

Impressive? Hell yeah...

Ready for the NHL? Not until he does it against actual rosters...

but...

He's extended his stay in Montreal though, he's making it hella tough to get sent back down...

The thing is since Team Canada world junior evaluation camps, he's been impressing and has kept the pace going, he carried that to the Q preseason games and recorded 5pts in his 1st game, carried that momentum to the rookie tournament in Ottawa and was Montreal's and one of the tournaments best players, came to Montreal and has been part of the quartet of young Montreal prospects who have shined thus far (Hossa, Plekanec, Higgins, Latendresse)...

He's definately playing like a guy with a chip on his shoulder (and he's using it to knock down alot of opponents)

Last edited:

Maithz

1.Bobby Ryan
2.Rotislav Olesz
3.Zach Parise
4.Alexander Radulov
5.Alexander Perezhogin
6.Patrick Osullivan
7.Guillaume Latendresse
8.Wojtek Wolski
9.Eric Fehr

And stop underestimated Latendresse , ive seen each of his game and let me say that if Habs fans overated him like that its that because he deserve it , playing like a regular player who show something everytime he is on the ice . he has what ? 3 g and 4 assists in 3 games , 7pts in 3 games thats really bad :shakehead

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Histrion said:
The point of my post wasn't that some people are homers. Maybe I made mistakes while translating my thoughts in this foreign language, but I did think I was pretty damn clear. I am saying that homerism is just a form of bias and that there are plenty more forms of it preventing ourselves from making worthwhile list.

Did I say that it wasn't ridiculous that Latendresse was rated second by a couple of delusional homers? No, I didn't. What I said though is that people are overreacting. Why the hell should you care if X thinks that Latendresse is the second best player? I personally don't care even though I don't agree with him. And if I want to point it out, I will find a more diplomatical and intelligent way of telling him that Latendresse isn't the 2nd best player or just shut up because... well, because I don't really care for his opinion if his bias is that evident. There's no need to be an *** over it though. But then again, I don't have freakin' crystal ball, even though it is clear that Latendresse hasn't thus far proven worthy of the 2nd spot by any stretch of the imagination. (I am not implying that Latendresse will become the 2nd best: I have no clue about it really, but I would, in my worthless opinion, say that he won't.)

By the way, if you looked at the ranking I approved, Latendresse was quite at the bottom of the list, wasn't he...

I have also been here for years and the homerism, various biases and overrating have always been part of these forums. We just tend to look fondly at that past and also gain in maturity in the mean time, so we just realize more and more how the forums really are... Heck, when I came here, Connolly was the second coming of Steve Yzerman... how time have changed...

I don't know why you are taking this so personal and trying to act all high and mighty. I say my thing about there being a ridiculous amount of homerisim by Hab fans (and EVERYONE who posts here knows that) and you write all this blah blah blah that has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I mean, I appreciate you trying to explain stuff, but it's stuff that I obviously already know about and it's just reiterating various **** that doesn't need to be.

And I am definately trying to come off as an *******, by the way.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
HABS-65 said:
1.Bobby Ryan
2.Rotislav Olesz
3.Zach Parise
4.Alexander Radulov
5.Alexander Perezhogin
6.Patrick Osullivan
7.Guillaume Latendresse
8.Wojtek Wolski
9.Eric Fehr

And stop underestimated Latendresse , ive seen each of his game and let me say that if Habs fans overated him like that its that because he deserve it , playing like a regular player who show something everytime he is on the ice . he has what ? 3 g and 4 assists in 3 games , 7pts in 3 games thats really bad :shakehead

Justin Papineau is better than Latendresse. So is John Sim.

What of it?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm curious to see why people have Wolski in the 8,9 or 10 spot on these lists?

Now, in NO way am I saying that Wojtek is better than any one of these players, I'm just curious as to your reasoning. Hell, if I had my choice of Wolski and Brown, I'd take Brown, because I think he's going to be a friggin stud in the future (possibly near future).

Just curious to your reasoning that's all. After all, Coach Q has said that he's been consistantly one of the best players at the Avs Camp, and I had thought that he was at least one more year in Brampton before coming up...

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
KSGuy2325 said:
I'm curious to see why people have Wolski in the 8,9 or 10 spot on these lists?

Now, in NO way am I saying that Wojtek is better than any one of these players, I'm just curious as to your reasoning. Hell, if I had my choice of Wolski and Brown, I'd take Brown, because I think he's going to be a friggin stud in the future (possibly near future).

Just curious to your reasoning that's all. After all, Coach Q has said that he's been consistantly one of the best players at the Avs Camp, and I had thought that he was at least one more year in Brampton before coming up...

He's good, but I think it'd be pretty hard to argue he's better than Ryan, Parise, Olesz, Brown

Not hating on him, it's just that the others on the list are better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad