HELP! Issue with Bauer 4-Roll Gloves

PaulBissonnette

Average-sized wrench
Jan 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
Alright, so I have had these gloves for a few years now and they have been great, but over time the gloves have been "loosening" up on me. By this I mean that the palm material has been stretching, which has resulted in a worse and worse fit over the years.

Does anyone have any suggestions to correct this/tighten up the material so I don't have to get my gloves re-palmed? The rest of the glove is in fine shape and I really hope to continue to use them.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

A starving student who can't afford to invest money into a new set of gloves :laugh:

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I remember reading somewhere that you can shrink leather a little by applying water and then heat, and then treat it with some sort of leather protector to prevent it from cracking, but that's with real leather and it can ruin the leather if you're not careful.

But I believe hockey gloves are synthetic leather, so not sure if that would work. But you can google the process.

If you want a simpler solution try finding a pair of thin gloves to wear underneath to fill out the space a little. Occasionally when I'm working on my shot, I'll get a blister, so to protect the blister I wear a thin linen glove. It makes my hockey gloves feel tighter. I'm sure you can find a pair on the cheap.

000219_01.jpg

Not the perfect solution, but it's something to try.

Reactions: PaulBissonnette

PaulBissonnette

Average-sized wrench
Jan 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
I remember reading somewhere that you can shrink leather a little by applying water and then heat, and then treat it with some sort of leather protector to prevent it from cracking, but that's with real leather and it can ruin the leather if you're not careful.

But I believe hockey gloves are synthetic leather, so not sure if that would work. But you can google the process.

If you want a simpler solution try finding a pair of thin gloves to wear underneath to fill out the space a little. Occasionally when I'm working on my shot, I'll get a blister, so to protect the blister I wear a thin linen glove. It makes my hockey gloves feel tighter. I'm sure you can find a pair on the cheap.

000219_01.jpg

Not the perfect solution, but it's something to try.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm going to try out using a glove.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
It' not quite "puting the foil on" but worth noting a glove is a no no in a fight. Probably doesn' matter to you but something to be aware of.

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
If it's just the palm area that feels stretched, you could always unstitch along the pinky line, pull & restitch. Then trim the excess..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad