Help! I'm an idiot...

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Ok so I purchased some RBK 4k inline skates, and i just drilled the rivets out to take off the chassis, however now that I have one chassis off I'm not so sure I know what Im doing, I need to clean out the holes and make sure there is no rivet left in them, suggestions at this point would be great... Now also my Tuuk Rocker chassis is a little off, as in maybe 1/8th an inch on the holes if I line front outside hole up, would it be ok then to drill new holes, and insert the rivets. Or would it be better to just slap the old chassis on and say screw it. Not sure at this point I'd like to get the rocker mounted but I dont want to jack up my bladez any more than I have (minimal) I dont see it being a huge problem drilling holes in the boot but if you advise against it let me know, also what do I need to put those frickin rivets back in I assumed I had the tool in the box with the chassis but it is starting to seem like that is a no go. Anyone that has any experience with this please let me know. I'll be giving out Kudos for those that help :handclap:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You can have more than one set of holes drilled in your boots. I've had 3 holders on my custom grafs with no issues.

I'd suggest taking it to a shop. Let them deal with the mess.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Ok so I purchased some RBK 4k inline skates, and i just drilled the rivets out to take off the chassis, however now that I have one chassis off I'm not so sure I know what Im doing, I need to clean out the holes and make sure there is no rivet left in them, suggestions at this point would be great... Now also my Tuuk Rocker chassis is a little off, as in maybe 1/8th an inch on the holes if I line front outside hole up, would it be ok then to drill new holes, and insert the rivets. Or would it be better to just slap the old chassis on and say screw it. Not sure at this point I'd like to get the rocker mounted but I dont want to jack up my bladez any more than I have (minimal) I dont see it being a huge problem drilling holes in the boot but if you advise against it let me know, also what do I need to put those frickin rivets back in I assumed I had the tool in the box with the chassis but it is starting to seem like that is a no go. Anyone that has any experience with this please let me know. I'll be giving out Kudos for those that help :handclap:

I've made a few pairs for myself out of ice skates by removing the holder and installing the inline frame. You can definately drill more holes in the boot, wont be a problem. It may be an issue, however, if the outsole is the carbon fiber type - that tends to crack, whereas the hard rubbery-plastic type outsole won't crack at all.

Before you remove the original frame, take a permanent maker and make marks on the sole at the toe and heel where the original frame's center was. That way when you install the new frames you can line them up correctly. As far as front to back, that may just be something you have to eyeball. Getting the first boot done correctly is key, then it's pretty easy to just do the same thing on the second boot.
Take your time.

As far as rivets go... I chose to just use screws and nuts with interior tooth lock washers. For the heels I used 1" 10-32 flathead screws(bolts whatever). And for the forefoots I used .75" 8-32 flatheads. Used brass nuts as well cuz they look cooler hehe. Reason why I did all this myself is because I don't trust the LHS to do them the way I want. These things hold like concrete too. Oh and by the way, if your'e concerned about screws and nuts weighing more than rivets, somebody did weight comparison a while back (don't have a link sorry) and the difference is seriously nothing to worry about. Graf is one of the worlds best skate makers and they use their own type of screws called RMS screws. They're so strong one boot only takes 8 screws - 4 on the heel, 4 up front.

Check this out: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=18451&hl=

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Ok thanks all, i'll just drill some new holes and slap some screws in there make it a lot easier on myself, and if i dont like the screws i can get the rivets in, access to the tools just didn't have it last night.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I love those 8090s w/ Sensor and the converted Fishbones. I thought I posted my converted Pure Fly's up in that thread, must've been another one.

I think you can buy the Graf RMS screws at inlinehockeywarehouse.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I love those 8090s w/ Sensor and the converted Fishbones. I thought I posted my converted Pure Fly's up in that thread, must've been another one.

I think you can buy the Graf RMS screws at inlinehockeywarehouse.

Hockeyguys.com has the screws too. Sorta expensive though but probably worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad