News Article: Helly and Wheeler Named to the NHL.com All-Star Team

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Great to finally see Wheeler rewarded with an All star game. Well deserved, he always gives 110% and it's finally starting to get him recognized. Well done to Helle too! Such a massive turnaround for him this season.

Can't wait to see the looks of dismay on other central division fans faces as Wheeler's first shift lasts 7 minutes :sarcasm:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How is Wheeler not gonna piss players off during the All Star game , he can't play any game unless he is full out . Guys are gonna be yelling at him to slow down , we only give 20 % effort at All star games and you are making us look bad . :laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Hellebuyck:

"I'm looking forward to my time in Tampa. I do like that area and... *breaths in* I like that organi- ... zation there and I think they're going to treat us well."

Hellebuyck to Tampa Bay E4

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
i've knocked PoMo before, but this tweet's pretty accurate

Aahh, so thats why Wheeler said what he said about why Maurice is the best coach he's ever had. Now I get it.

I seldom give credit to Maurice but that does not mean I am saying there is none to give. This is stuff I have no clue about.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
i've knocked PoMo before, but this tweet's pretty accurate

One can think the efficacy of Paul Maurice's decisions are measurably below average. That doesn't mean he's a "bad" or "worthless" coach. Last I checked, 96.77% of head coaches in the NHL are NOT "the best head coach in the NHL".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hellebuyck:

"I'm looking forward to my time in Tampa. I do like that area and... *breaths in* I like that organi- ... zation there and I think they're going to treat us well."

Hellebuyck to Tampa Bay E4

Not until he buys a condo there. :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
One can think the efficacy of Paul Maurice's decisions are measurably below average. That doesn't mean he's a "bad" or "worthless" coach. Last I checked, 96.77% of head coaches in the NHL are NOT "the best head coach in the NHL".
your claim is incorrect.
or, i should say, your definition of "best coach" is probably incorrect and silly.
having the best coach is not necessarily the goal. having a good coach for the roster assembled is the goal.
and what's a good coach? depends on the roster.
using Babcock as an example, his first year's goal was not to get wins. it was player development and instilling systems into his young team.
so let's look at PoMo. again, not defending him. would you argue that the Jets are winning in spite of him or because of him?
look at Babcock again. Leafs have been in a funk and are making sloppy mistakes. because of or in spite of him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->