Not open for further replies.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
go kim johnsson 514 said:
So MLB fans spend approxmately $100 on the unit and boombox and only listen to it for baseball and suspend their accounts?

Wrong answer. That is completely assanine.

well my post is an informed answer.

I talk to xm fans all the time when they come to sirius

do u leave this message board:D

Tress

Jul 21, 2005
Brighton, MA
I believe the "Hoo Hoo" is taked from Stern's movie Private Parts, while he is trying to sing a song.

I can see this Stern vs. O&A arguement getting out of hand....soon. It always does.

EDIT: As far as the college sports go, Sirius doesn't have broadcast rights for all of those conferences, they just went about it a different way than XM.

Sirius went out and got the broadcasting rights to a lot of schools.
XM made deals with the ACC, Big 10, and Pac-10.

Sirius just has a lot of schools in all the conferences. XM only has those three conferences.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Regardless of the XM vs. Sirius wars...satellite radio in general, is growing rapidly. Between both companies, they have signed up roughly 6.5 million subscribers...almost 1/2 of that number signed up within this past year.

My advice for anyone considering or doubting this medium...try satellite radio for a few months...go buy a cheap XM Roady or Sirius Sportster and pay for a few months of service. Then go back to your FM/AM stations for a day...and you'll understand why satellite radio is for real. I actually did just that a few months ago...I shut my MyFi off and while I was at my desk at work, I tuned into the local rock station (96.1 for anyone in the Raleigh, NC area). I somehow tolerated it...but at times, it just made me wanna fall on a knife. They'd play 3 or 4 songs (with the dj's talking in between and during the song intro's), then cut to ten minutes of commercials. And the commercials were quite repetitive...I cannot tell you how many times they played that stupid Budweiser "real men of genius" commercial which was funny the first two times, followed by the same furniture liquidation salesman screaming about their going out of business sale...which oddly enough...is the 5th time they've gone out of business this year :dunno:

Thru roughly 6-7 hours of listening to this rock station...I heard Green Day "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" 6 times, Killers "Mr. Brightside" 4 times, and many other top hits of today were repeated over and over. I've grown to hate alot of those songs now because they get overplayed. Absolutely awful. On the ride home, I turned the MyFi back on and went to Ch. 46, Top Tracks (classic rock). No commercials...no repeated songs...no dj's (besides the guy that says the channel name and number after every 5th song played), no limited playlists, no radio edit versions of the songs, and no static. It's simply the way music is meant to be heard...without government regulations and corporate limitations. Throwing nearly full season sporting events is just that added bonus that raises the bar. If I'm on the road, if I want to go for a jog, or I'm stuck shopping with Mrs. OpAckTool...I'll at least, be able to listen to my Isles or check out with O+A are up to.

Flyers26

Mar 1, 2002
We must accept disap
Visit site
OpAckTool said:
Howard Stern on Sirius will be a 4 day a week show, running three hours long, and Howard will be on vacation a total of 10 weeks, not including holidays. Also, Artie Lange will not be joining him over at the new show. Mel Karmazin has stated that advertising will play a large role in Stern's channels...which means his show will be even more less than you think.

Only 20 music channels will be available for a fee of $6.95 a month...not all that good of a deal considering it cost 12.95 for the whole service.

XM is the exclusive partner of GM, which includes Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Saab, and Saturn. They also have an exclusive deal with Hyundai, where all 2006 Hyundai vehicles will have XM radios standard. They also have non-exclusive deals with Toyota, Nissan, and Honda.

LeafLander has his own agenda with Sirius, so you'll get the typical 1/2 truth's that people with the doggie company spew.

Please Leaf, tell us how many subs Sirius has vs. XM? And while you are at it, tell us how far technically advanced Sirius's products are to XM. I love to know this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leaf Lander said:
well my post is an informed answer.

I talk to xm fans all the time when they come to sirius

do u leave this message board:D

No its not it is completely untrue, anyone who would do that would surely have enough money to fork out what it costs to get extra innings on the dish or digital cable. If not they're utter morons.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Lou is God said:
Guys, you can talk about Sirius and what they can bring to the table, but stop spamming it please.

all i see in this thread is a celibration of xm and mis facts about sirius

i do sales for sirius so obviosuly my posts have facts and countered a admins opinions too much so

most of what go kim johnson and other xm subscribers post are full of mis information and blatant mis truths!

truth xm has a 10 yr agreement with the nhl

truth sirius has 40 games a week with the nhl this yr andfor next yr

truth xm has baseball

truth sirius has nfl

truth sirius has nba

truth sirius covers more college sports then xm

truth xm has o and a

truth sirius has howard stern

truth sirius has enligh elite soccer

truth sirius will have nascar im 07'

xm covers 3 college conferences thats it while sirius covers teams in all conferences

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Flyers26 said:
LeafLander has his own agenda with Sirius, so you'll get the typical 1/2 truth's that people with the doggie company spew.

Please Leaf, tell us how many subs Sirius has vs. XM? And while you are at it, tell us how far technically advanced Sirius's products are to XM. I love to know this.

i have a problem with this post

are you saying Im a liar?

causei state teh facts as i know them always!!

Last edited:

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Leaf Lander said:
most of what go kim johnson and other xm subscribers post are full of mis information and blatant mis truths!

Instead of you continuing to list every little detail Sirius offers, I much rather hear some of our misinformation and blatant mistruths in this thread???? What I've posted myself are absolute facts. Just open up a Wall Street Journal and look at the stock reports from both companies.

The fact that you consider this as a "celebration of XM" is certainly true because XM has locked up a huge deal with the NHL and has scored big with their XM Canada venture. They will show just about every game on XM and have a 24/7 hockey talk channel. That's great for hockey fans, which is what everyone posting on this board is...hockey fans.

Seat16inNJ

af

ryanlambert said:
someone called into Howard in like 2000 and asked about Opie and Anthony's WOW promotion.

Howard claimed to have invented it (he didn't) when he was in Washington DC, except it wasn't WOW exactly because people that participated would "tie a bandana around their car" and girls would "take their clothes off." he then proceeded to instruct Fred to "tell 'em" that what he was saying was accurate. Fred said nothing.

Now, any time anyone says something along the lines of "ripping off," "clones," etc., the response is "Tell 'em Fred"

also, Hoo-Hoo is the sound Howard makes when he laughs.

Now i dont really listen to either one of these DJ's.. i listen to sports talk in the morning... but by the sounds of it.. O&A listeners have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to Howard Stern. They seem to be very insecure with what they listen to . I dont really see Howard Stern listeners attacking back?

And by all accounts there seems to be alot more of Howard fans than O & A fans...

I'm just curious as to why OA fans always are wondering and curious as to what Howard is doing and why Howard fans could care less to what OA is doing?? seems weird to me..

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
go kim johnsson 514 said:
No its not it is completely untrue, anyone who would do that would surely have enough money to fork out what it costs to get extra innings on the dish or digital cable. If not they're utter morons.

so when u make a account inactive at xm it costs money?

OpAckTool said:
Instead of you continuing to list every little detail Sirius offers, I much rather hear some of our misinformation and blatant mistruths in this thread???? What I've posted myself are absolute facts. Just open up a Wall Street Journal and look at the stock reports from both companies.

The fact that you consider this as a "celebration of XM" is certainly true because XM has locked up a huge deal with the NHL and has scored big with their XM Canada venture. They will show just about every game on XM and have a 24/7 hockey talk channel. That's great for hockey fans, which is what everyone posting on this board is...hockey fans.

i offcourse do not negotiate for sirius or we would had signed the nhl but we still got them for 2 yrs i hope xm does hockey the way espn did it :biglaugh:

am i pissed that we didnt get nhl ..... :madfire:

i saw a post where it was speculated that xm had cbc and hnic on there coverage and i dont se any evidence for this at all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I never said I have evidence I said it is possible since XM uses the feed out of Toronto when the Blue Jays are at home

Tress

Jul 21, 2005
Brighton, MA
Seat16inNJ said:
Now i dont really listen to either one of these DJ's.. i listen to sports talk in the morning... but by the sounds of it.. O&A listeners have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to Howard Stern. They seem to be very insecure with what they listen to . I dont really see Howard Stern listeners attacking back?

And by all accounts there seems to be alot more of Howard fans than O & A fans...

I'm just curious as to why OA fans always are wondering and curious as to what Howard is doing and why Howard fans could care less to what OA is doing?? seems weird to me..

O&A fans, just like fans of everything, are really committed to the show. In the past, Stern has wronged O&A on a number of fronts (not being on KRock when they got New York, the gag order, constant ridicule of being Howard Stern ripoffs, being kicked out of the Son of a Beach press conference, etc.), which has caused many a hardcore O&A fan to hate Stern and love O&A.

As of now, O&A can address Stern on XM (unlike when they were on WNEW), which has led to a number of stories coming out about Stern. Because of the dedicated nature of O&A's fanbase, they always know about when Stern is talking about them. Yes, sometimes I don't like when they talk about Stern....but it's their show, and they entertain me everyday.

As far as Stern's fans not attacking O&A, a number of reasons could be the answer. One is that Stern has always played the ignorance card with O&A, not bringing them up on the radio. Also, O&A fans in the past have gotten Stern's message board shut down a number of times....as well as the current attacks that they "O&A Army" has laid down on Jim Philips, Russ Martin, Lex and Terry, Shannon Burke, etc. He either feels that O&A are below him, or are afraid of provoking O&A's fans into an attack. Also, many people assert that Stern's fanbase (which has dwindled in the past few years) isn't as dedicated as O&A's, and tune in more because of habit than anything else. I agree that the majority of Stern's fanbase isn't as dedicated as O&A's because they have always been on top, and don't feel as "wronged" as O&A fans.

Personally, I was a big Stern fan back in the day. But once I heard O&A, I was sold. Stern's show hasn't been nearly as entertaining to me in the last 5 years as O&A's has been. I don't feel a lot of ill will towards Stern. I applaud him for helping to open up the radio airwaves for entertaining acts like O&A....but his recent tangent of saying "everybody ripped me off" is just ridiculous. Yes, people do rip him off.....but it seems like any show that is entertaining on radio.....he feels it's a ripoff of his show.

I wish Stern the best on Sirius, and hopefully he can turn his show around.

Old Hickory

This thread isn't a commercial for Sirius. You were asked to not turn it into one and didn't obey the mods wishes

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad