Speculation: Heiskanen and Nichushkin planning on coming to NA next season

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This isn't news really I think everyone saw this coming for the past year. Basically been for sure since then. Nichushkin hopefully does in fact do it and return.

So excited to see Heiskanen at this level. Better be a NHLer next year

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
dallas needs an influx of talent on that roster. Outside of that top line there isn't much.

We need 2 more top 6 wingers. 2 more. Maybe a 2nd line center if Spezza is actually just bad now (credit Hitch for quite a bit of that). If Nichushkin has an amazing return and is a top 6 winger then that's ideal and fantastic, but probably unlikely.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
We need 2 more top 6 wingers. 2 more. Maybe a 2nd line center if Spezza is actually just bad now (credit Hitch for quite a bit of that). If Nichushkin has an amazing return and is a top 6 winger then that's ideal and fantastic, but probably unlikely.

so you need 3 top 6 forwards. Sounds about right.

Reactions: Grabner

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

I'm tempering my expectations for Nichushkin. I'm seeing him come in and produce at Ritchie's level from the previous season (around 30 pts) unless Radulov can get in his ear and help light a fire under his ass. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but I'm skeptical.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
With Nichushkin coming over, I really think DAL should go out to acquire a more established 2C to play with him either through FA or a trade.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With Nichushkin coming over, I really think DAL should go out to acquire a more established 2C to play with him either through FA or a trade.
Stastny seems like a good fit for that, or a trade for O'Reilly if Buffalo decides they want something fresh

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Yeah, it hurts a lot not having a 2nd line and having 2 4th lines instead and a good 3rd line.

Basically describing the Jets 2-4 years ago.

I doubt the jets can afford Stastny next year, think he’d fit Dallas really well. My guess is it would cost something in the neighbourhood of 5x5.5-6m, not sure of dallas’ cap situation so maybe that’s a non starter.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
realy? never seen anything impressive in Nichushkin...

also funny how he style was compared to ovechkin and never been a scorer in any league!

He was never compared to Ovechkin. He was compared to Malkin though and they do have very similar styles of play (at least based on what I saw in his seasons here, havent watched him in the KHL). He had a decent rookie season and looked very promising. Hoping he can go back to that and improve on it slowly. The potential is still there imo

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

also funny how he style was compared to ovechkin and never been a scorer in any league!

I think you missed the joke... Also he was never compared to Ovechkin. Ovi's shot might actually be a billion times better than Nichushkin's without exaggerating. He was compared to Malkin (stylistically) from a puck possession big body guy stand point.

Reactions: Kcb12345

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013

There goes the joke, it's flying over your head like a pig

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This would be a very helpful boost for Dallas' offseason.

We know Heiskanen will be good, but Nuke is definitely an X-factor. The Stars should focus on getting him talented support for that second line; if he has people to play with (and I don't mean Jason Spezza), he should be fine.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

We know Heiskanen will be good, but Nuke is definitely an X-factor. The Stars should focus on getting him talented support for that second line; if he has people to play with (and I don't mean Jason Spezza), he should be fine.
Yup at the very least he will be an upgrade over Ritchie. I would love him to be able to help at a 2nd line rate but have to stay realistic before I jump to any conclusions. That being said he ran with Benn and Seguin before, and those 2 have looked the best with a 3rd who plays a strong possession game so while he is a fraction of what Radulov is he might be able to play with Benn and Seguin again and allow Rads to be the driving force of the second line.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Personally I think he will play with Benn-Seguin on the 1st line and Radulov will play on the 2nd line to try and balance out scoring between the 2 as best as they can. He always looked pretty good playing with Benn and Seguin (way better than Ritchie thats for sure)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas needs a good second line C more then anything. A top 6 LW like JVR would be nice. Radulov can play on the 2nd line and hopefully Nuke can play with Benn and Segs again

Benn - Seguin - Nuke
Xxx - xxx - Radulov
Janmark - Faksa - Pitlick

Filling two spots on the second line would really improve the Stars. Hopefully Nill can sign one and trade for another

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad