Injury Report: Heemskerk to hospital (appendicitis)

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
I had this back in 2011. I kept waking up in the middle of the night needing to go to the restroom. Terrible way to start the New Year.

Berto2k

Nov 9, 2009
Sucks for him. I had appendicitis like 15yrs ago and the pain was unbearable. I couldn't sit upright for more than 10 seconds or I would pass out. Got lucky that when they did an ultrasound and couldn't see my appendix they went ahead and went in and it was hiding behind another organ, but was getting close to bursting.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Just about a month ago I had pain right in my lower right side. Got through a workday, realized it was getting worse, called the Doctor. Went straight there, he checked me out for 5 minutes and goes "You need to go the hospital, now." which is always great to hear.

Long story short, it was my appendix, they did not do surgery though. They said it wasn't quite bad enough to remove, and they were right, it got better. $1000 CT Scan out of my bank account later though. arhg.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I had mild pain when I had mine removed a few years ago. I was like "**** it, I'm going in." They told me I didn't really need to come, it wasn't that bad, but they removed it. I guess that makes me a hypochondriac.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
2nd intermission talked about recovery.

There seems to be some difference of opinion as to when he might be able to start skating (even), much less his expected recovery timeline.

So, I'm thinking the Bulls are anticipating he'll be out of the lineup 3+ weeks. Guessing that he'll be eased back onto ice, and then into net; not pushing him to get back before he's ready.;

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad