Heatley

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
Because of his injury outside of hockey I am just wondeirng if Heatley will be on STL roster for the upcoming season or on their prospect list? If I remember correctly Koivu was declared ineligible for the entire season and then was placed on his clubs prospect list(I believe ATL at that time) until the next season. How will this work in Heatley's situation?

Billy

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
BiLLY said:
Because of his injury outside of hockey I am just wondeirng if Heatley will be on STL roster for the upcoming season or on their prospect list? If I remember correctly Koivu was declared ineligible for the entire season and then was placed on his clubs prospect list(I believe ATL at that time) until the next season. How will this work in Heatley's situation?

Billy

Billy - Heatley will be on St. Louis' roster for this upcoming HFNHL season. In the past when players have been made unavailable to teams, it has been because their return to the NHL is in doubt. In the case of both Koivu and Forsberg, there was considerable uncertainty as to whether either player would ever return to the NHL. At this stage, there is little doubt that Heatley will be back - possibly this season, possibly next, but he will most certainly be back.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
I have to try to weaken my opposition in the West somehow.

Billy

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
BiLLY said:

Billy
Hey Billy The canes are always here to help out in your cause as long as your team doesn't piss off my team first :)

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
BiLLY said:

Billy

Did someone say something about weakening teams... Send them over to Carolina if you want that to happen :)

HFNHL Asst Commish

The accident occured after the Sept 15 deadline. Anything that happens after that date does not affect the upcoming HFNHL season.

If it happened two weeks earlier than it did, the league admin team would have had quite the problem on their hands.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
HFNHL Asst Commish said:
The accident occured after the Sept 15 deadline. Anything that happens after that date does not affect the upcoming HFNHL season.

If it happened two weeks earlier than it did, the league admin team would have had quite the problem on their hands.

Wasn't Koivu Diagnosed with the illness around training cmp as well? just trying to stir things up :D

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Aside from my obvious bias, I really don't think a non-hockey related injury that leads to a player being out has anything to do with it. To Doug's point, it is when the player leaves the team and their entire future in hockey is in doubt.

Forsberg walked away from hockey for a year - even though they were hockey related injuries, he was no longer being paid and he was classified as semi-retired.

Koivu left hockey indefinitely because of cancer.

If Sakic busts his leg walking down the stairs in his home tomorrow and is out for the season, do we remove him from the league because it's a non-hockey related injury? Heatley is actually expected to be back this year, so that would mean any HFNHL player injured outside the rink and who missed a game would have to be removed from the league until they're back. It's too crazy a standard for us to try and monitor.

If Heatley announced he were putting his hockey career on hold until this whole matter was over with and he was back to sound body and mind, that would be one thing, but he's working out every day, and from what I understand one of his main motivating factors is to improve his DU rating for next season. God love the kid.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
Well maybe in the case of Heatley Matt should set some form of suspension which would ban Danny after his actions?

Just an Idea.....

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
BiLLY said:
Well maybe in the case of Heatley Matt should set some form of suspension which would ban Danny after his actions?

Just an Idea.....

Billy's really trying hard...to get Heatley off the Blues that is!

I don't think the league wants to get involved with anything that happens off the ice, to be honest, I don't think the NHL wants to get involved with these types of situations either...

My suggestion, let's move on, the Snyder family, the Thrashers and Dany Heatley are all moving on, let's do the same.

Eric

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
godlh said:
Billy's really trying hard...to get Heatley off the Blues that is!

I don't think the league wants to get involved with anything that happens off the ice, to be honest, I don't think the NHL want to get involved with these types of situations either...

My suggestion, let's move on, the Snyder family, the Thrashers and Dany Heatley are all moving on, let's do the same.

Eric

I agree cause then wouldn't we also have to do something about those that are not playing due to concussion injuries that might be career ending injuries and aren't playing this year but are in the HFNHL.

I'm sure St. Louis will feel the pain next year when Heatley's ratings drop.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Dryden said:
I agree cause then wouldn't we also have to do something about those that are not playing due to concussion injuries that might be career ending injuries and aren't playing this year but are in the HFNHL.

I'm sure St. Louis will feel the pain next year when Heatley's ratings drop.

Yep. Agreed. Adam Deadmarsh hasn't played in how long? Derian Hatcher will be out until the playoffs according to some sources.

The national hockey league hasn't taken any action against Heatley for his legal issues (which could amount to nothing) and neither should our league. His injury is another story, but unless if we start taking every player with a torn ACL off a roster, there is no logical way it can happen. Heatley's return to hockey is much more of a sure bet than Pavel Bure's for example.

Just to pick up on something Steve wrote. "The accident occured after the Sept 15 deadline. Anything that happens after that date does not affect the upcoming HFNHL season."

So theoretically, Ulf Dahlen, who officially retired on the 21st of Spetember...should still be elegible for the upcoming season? Not sure what the date we used to determine was, but if Sept. 15 is the date, then obviously I'd like to keep Dahlen (no thanks to Drew insisting that he was retired for the upcoming HFNHL season :p ) and expose D-man Jason Marshall.

Can someone get this confirmed ASAP please? I'm sure everybody is hanging out to see whether marshall is in fact available... :lol:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Chuzwazza said:
Just to pick up on something Steve wrote. "The accident occured after the Sept 15 deadline. Anything that happens after that date does not affect the upcoming HFNHL season."

So theoretically, Ulf Dahlen, who officially retired on the 21st of Spetember...should still be elegible for the upcoming season? Not sure what the date we used to determine was, but if Sept. 15 is the date, then obviously I'd like to keep Dahlen (no thanks to Drew insisting that he was retired for the upcoming HFNHL season :p ) and expose D-man Jason Marshall.

Can someone get this confirmed ASAP please? I'm sure everybody is hanging out to see whether marshall is in fact available... :lol:

Actually, although September 15th is the date used for a lot of things (like determining draft year) in the NHL, Matt very clearly set October 1st (roughly the start of the NHL season) as the cutoff by which a player's decision to retire or not would be binding. So Dahlen is gone. Sorry!

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Ohio Jones said:
Actually, although September 15th is the date used for a lot of things (like determining draft year) in the NHL, Matt very clearly set October 1st (roughly the start of the NHL season) as the cutoff by which a player's decision to retire or not would be binding. So Dahlen is gone. Sorry!

Everything Dr. Jones said is on the mark. :)

The only thing we really use September 15th for is determining absolute player ages for the simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->