Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
whats your point?

EDIT: also pretty inaccurate since I quit around 3 months ago. this is the first expansion since I stopped :laugh:

Curious as to what your issue was/is.

I've noticed a lot of people are "behind" in their thinking. A lot of the criticisms levied against Hearthstone haven't applied in Un'Goro and Blizzard has been much better at countering poisonous meta-games recently.

The game is basically healthier than it's been since the first month or so of Whispers of the Old Gods.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I just got Ethereal Conjurer -> Cabalist's Tome -> 2x Cabalist's Tome -> Cabalist's Tome

I won the game before finding out if the last Cabalist's Tome would keep up the trend

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Got Thrall and Uther as my DK. Got Valeera from the prologue and crafted Rexxar because I wanted to try the Secret Hunter prebuilt they made.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
35 packs, 2 legendaries for me. I got the Warrior and Hunter DK cards. I'm glad I at least got a few DK cards after getting 9 legendaries and 0 quests from Un'Goro.

Also got the Shaman DK from the Prologue.

Last edited:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Was holding on my free Classic (8) and Ungoro (7) packs because of the new legendary duplicate thing and ended up with :

- Nat Peagle (lol)
- Gruul (lol)
- Hemet (Ungoro one)

As for KTF :

140 packs total

Common : 483
Rare : 158
Epic : 24
Legendary : 9

Golden Common : 13
Golden Rare : 11
Golden Epic : 1
Golden Legendary : 1

My 10 legendaries were, in order :

Deathstalker Rexxar (9)
Prince Taldaram (32)
Prince Valanar (64)
Hadronox (78)
Shadowreaper Anduin (81)
Lilian Voss (95)
The Lich King (120)
Prince Keleseth (127)
Golden Bolvar, Fireblood (134)
Blood-Queen Lana'thel (135)

Got trolled with the 3 Princes lmao, my kind of luck. Still better than my 3 legendaries in 120 packs with Ungoro.

I'm crafting DK Uther right now.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Got Valeera the Hollow with the prologue

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Opened 67 packs. 5 Legendary cards plus my Prologue legendary.

Malfurion the Pestilent (Prologue)
Professor Putricicde
Archbishop Benedictus
Shadowreaper Anduin
Bloodreaver Gul'dan
Scourgelord Garrosh

Also got 13 golden cards of varying variety.

Not really sure where to go from here.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Won OTK DK Uther 3rd game in Casual against Secret Mage. Came close to win first one as well but couldn't draw Beardo in time with 5 remaining cards only.

Got scared to death that one of his 3 secrets in play was Potion of polymorph

Feels good man.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Secret Hunter with the Professor is really busted. Thanks to Stitched Tracker, he's not that hard to locate (or Cloaked Huntress, if you need her), and the two of them combined just make ridiculous value.

"Oh, you're playing Control Priest/Paladin? Well, I just played a 5/4, a 3/4, and four traps for 7 Mana. And you can't play around them all."

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
me and a friend tried to break the game by discarding dinomancer and then doing another dinomancer + making malygos immune + defile but it didn't work

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I opened prince 2 and prince 4 and sindragosa in 90 packs. It was horrible and I want a refund on my pre-order :(

I crafted the Lich King and Rogue DK .. will get one more from completing the adventure but still horrible pack luck. I have always had horrible packluck. Been playing since beta and only golden legendary I have is Nzoth and have pre ordered every expansion.

Last week I got 2 legendaries in the same pack for the first time, Nozzo and the beast.

Am I paranoid to think Blizzards considers me a a whale and knows I will continue buying pack so they have nerfed my pack opening...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Used a random crap Warlock deck just to level it up.... Kicked ass with it. Switched to a good deck and lost lol darn.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Woooohhoooooo

Pulled 5 Legendaries in 59 packs.
Opened 67 packs. 5 Legendary cards plus my Prologue legendary.

Malfurion the Pestilent (Prologue)
Professor Putricicde
Archbishop Benedictus
Shadowreaper Anduin
Bloodreaver Gul'dan
Scourgelord Garrosh

Also got 13 golden cards of varying variety.

Not really sure where to go from here.

Wow! I had 109 packs (50 pre-order, 6 Blizz promos, 53 from my gold) and pulled 5 as well. Pretty damn disappointing. I think I had an average of 2-3 legendaries out of 40 packs in the past. If that's right I should've gotten 6-8 legendaries out of my 109 packs (instead of 5). :help:

I pulled:

Warrior DK
Warlock DK
Priest DK (golden)
Prince Taldarim
Prince Valanar

Got Hunter DK as reward for playing the prologue.

So now I crafted Prince Keleseth and the Lich King. Would love to play both Pala legendaries and try out Druid and Shaman DKs. Guess I'll wait what upcoming packs will get me and how the meta will shake out.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Any must have KFT Legendaries?

Too early to tell. Honestly, I think the Mage DK will destroy everything eventually. But at the moment, it seems like Druid is top tier. Jade, Big Druid, and Taunt Druid are all dominating the ladder.

Ultimate Infestation made Druid so much better.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Wow! I had 109 packs (50 pre-order, 6 Blizz promos, 53 from my gold) and pulled 5 as well. Pretty damn disappointing. I think I had an average of 2-3 legendaries out of 40 packs in the past. If that's right I should've gotten 6-8 legendaries out of my 109 packs (instead of 5). :help:

I pulled:

Warrior DK
Warlock DK
Priest DK (golden)
Prince Taldarim
Prince Valanar

Got Hunter DK as reward for playing the prologue.

So now I crafted Prince Keleseth and the Lich King. Would love to play both Pala legendaries and try out Druid and Shaman DKs. Guess I'll wait what upcoming packs will get me and how the meta will shake out.
Grabbed 40 more cause I'm dumb. Got 2 more legendary cards.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
She's a good one. Playing Elemental Kazakus Mage with the Frost Lich and it's a breeze. You win the late game against everything except Jades. Turns out having a hero power that produces 3/6 Lifesteal creatures is pretty good.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
She's a good one. Playing Elemental Kazakus Mage with the Frost Lich and it's a breeze. You win the late game against everything except Jades. Turns out having a hero power that produces 3/6 Lifesteal creatures is pretty good.
Screen of the deck?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Currently playing a Big Jade Druid. Man can this deck make some sick comebacks. Several times I've been very close to death but every time I've made the comeback. Having fun so far. Hope it continues.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'm halfway decent arena player. For the past 6 months or so I average really good. Not going to pump my own tires here so I'll leave it at this. I've played almost exclusively Arena for more than 2 years now. Every mont I play Wild enough to keep me in the good rankings but nothing more. For me it's Arena Arena Arena. I've been around for expansions and new cards for a long time. Now it seems like this new card expansion is really making strides. I've played only 4 Arena runs so far so this is subject to change due to small sample size, but my biggest strength seems to have lost it's power. I'm good at drafting decks and I just can't seem to be able to draft a competitive Arena deck.

Of course this will ease out, but usually I've been able to "feast" with the weaklings after every new card expansion. Now it seems like I'm no longer able.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->