Healthy Recipe Thread

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Great idea for a topic. I am always looking for easy healthy recipes. I really enjoy cooking though I don't have any fancy equipment, know any fancy techniques, or usually can afford fancy ingredients. But I like experimenting with new flavours and recipes are more like guidelines lol.

I am doing a LCHF thing right now, so I am specifically looking for good low-carb side dishes to go with my protein. I have a few staples though that I enjoy.

Broccoli and Cauliflower "Rice:
-Take half a head of each, grate it with a cheese grater. A food processor would come in real handy here if you have one, as grating can be a little messy but it works.
-Place in a large microwave safe bowl with a little water, maybe 1/2 a cup, cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until the broccoli and cauliflower have softened.
- Remove any remaining water, add butter and re-cover to let the butter melt in. Add whatever spices you like and serve! I usually go with pepper and garlic salt, and then a little lemon juice.

It's so easy, very healthy and delicious!

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
My asian wife almost divorced me when I served her cauliflower rice.

july541

Nov 8, 2017
Great recipe for single dad cooking:
This grilled mushroom burger is better than a regular beef burger. Honestly! You get the same feel of having a patty and all the tasty toppings in between a bun, but you won’t feel lethargic after downing a bunch of beef. The portobellos get a nice, smoky flavor from the grill, plus the garlic, onions and goat cheese pair perfectly with it. Diced tomatoes and fresh greens add some crisp, and all the toppings are situated within the mushroom cap. Now that’s what I call a burger!
4 large Portobello mushrooms
(4–5 inches in diameter, 1 per person)
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 red onion, sliced in ½-inch thick round slices
⅓ cup goat cheese
¾ cup plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
1 cup fresh arugula or spring mix
4 hamburger buns
Olive oil
How to Make a Grilled Portobello Burger

Last edited:

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
My Salmon and Rice meal.

2 Cups of Rice in the rice cooker with 3 cups of water.
Put a teaspoon of curry in the rice cooker and turn it on.

Take a slab of salmon 500g and pre score/cut it into 5 portions.
Sprinkle dill over the salmon.

preheat oven to 400F.

Pop salmon in the oven for 20 minutes.

Once everything is done take out 5 containers.

Put 100g of salmon and 1 cup of cooked rice into each container.

Grab a handful of kale and throw it in each container.

Put containers in the fridge and have one meal a day.

cheers.

Pako Peta

Jan 12, 2018
Zero Point Soup

2/3 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup diced onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken or vegetables)
1-1/2 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini

Directions:

In a large saucepan sprayed w/ nonstick cooking spray, saute carrots, onions and garlic over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for around 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Lastly, stir in the zucchini and continue to heat soup for 3-4 minutes.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Something I've been doing for the last year or so is using steamed cabbage as a substitute for pasta

Cut and steam some cabbage
Fry (or steam) some veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
Add the veggies along with a can of lentils to a no sugar added pasta sauce
Poor sauce over the steamed cabbage

Bon appetite!

JesseA

Oct 4, 2021
I am obsessed with all-natural diets. So I have tried several recipes enriched with therapeutic herbs and spices and my best so far is Tangy Tex-Mex Salad I found on iahas.com and it was amazingly easy to make. You can check it online or here is the recipe for your convenience.

Tangy Tex-Mex Salad

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 person (400ml)

Ingredients
2 cups of your favorite variety of lettuce, chopped (Romaine works best as it adds to the crunch)1 cup of Arugula¼ cup of Caramelized onion½ cup of sliced mangoSalt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)1 big avocado½ cup plain yogurt (preferably full fat)½ t garlic powder½ t cumin powder½ t ginger powder1 t honey1 T chopped cilantroJuice of ½ lemon1 JalapenoFreshly ground black pepper

Method
For salad dressing, Blend yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, jalapeno, salt, and olive oil into a smooth paste.In a mixing bowl, add lettuce, arugula, caramelized onions, mango, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle the dressing on the salad. Mix together and serve.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Something I've been doing for the last year or so is using steamed cabbage as a substitute for pasta

Cut and steam some cabbage
Fry (or steam) some veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
Add the veggies along with a can of lentils to a no sugar added pasta sauce
Poor sauce over the steamed cabbage

Bon appetite!
Cauliflower rice is also an easy and nice pasta/rice replacement for a lot of dishes imo.

andilemurray

Mar 28, 2022
I am obsessed with all-natural diets. So I have tried several recipes enriched with therapeutic herbs and spices and my best so far is Tangy Tex-Mex Salad I found on iahas.com and it was amazingly easy to make. You can check it online or here is the recipe for your convenience.

Tangy Tex-Mex Salad

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 person (400ml)

Ingredients
2 cups of your favorite variety of lettuce, chopped (Romaine works best as it adds to the crunch)1 cup of Arugula¼ cup of Caramelized onion½ cup of sliced mangoSalt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)1 big avocado½ cup plain yogurt (preferably full fat)½ t garlic powder½ t cumin powder½ t ginger powder1 t honey1 T chopped cilantroJuice of ½ lemon1 JalapenoFreshly ground black pepper

Method
For salad dressing, Blend yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, jalapeno, salt, and olive oil into a smooth paste.In a mixing bowl, add lettuce, arugula, caramelized onions, mango, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle the dressing on the salad. Mix together and serve.
Thanks for sharing helpful insights

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I put flax seeds in my salads for lunch ... but I never see them in my poop?

I look and look and I dont see and theres no way my lower intestine breaks them down.

Im worried I have like 10 years of flax seed deposit somewhere in my gut.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I put flax seeds in my salads for lunch ... but I never see them in my poop?

I look and look and I dont see and theres no way my lower intestine breaks them down.

Im worried I have like 10 years of flax seed deposit somewhere in my gut.

I think the obvious question here is why you're consuming them in the first place if you're expecting them to pass right through you to toilet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad