OT: Healthy Living 3.0

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
My bodyfat percentage dipped under the 15% mark for the first time as of today. Took me almost a whole year to hit that goal. Always nice to pass a plateau :)

That's awesome man! I've been trying to lower mine while maintaining a steady bodyweight for a while, hanging right around 15 myself. Shit is harder than people think.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Congrats II! That’s fantastic, I wonder what mine is lol.
All I know is mine is 64654313464%

How much water should I be drinking?

I do resistance band/body weight exercises 4 - 5 times a week and I go for a 30 - 40 min run 6 times a week. Sometimes it feels like I drink enough water but other days it feels like I am still dehydrated.
Does anyone know or are there any apps that calculates that? I've tried looking but haven't found any yet.

Thanks.
Likely more than you imagine. Anytime you are thirsty, it means you are dehydrated. My recommendation is to just constantly be drinking it whether thirsty or not.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Likely more than you imagine. Anytime you are thirsty, it means you are dehydrated. My recommendation is to just constantly be drinking it whether thirsty or not.

Well, not enough to self inflict hyponatremia, but IMO I agree. I used to drink 2-3 "cups" a day at work which probably were never much more than 300mL mugs of water and it didn't seem enough. It was also annoying to go grab water so frequently. I dealt with so many muscle cramps playing sports etc. Nowadays I have a 1.5L stein (Some Moosehead lager Buffalo Wild Wings promo) I drink from at work which was an upgrade on a regular sized stein glass I used to obtain more water per trip on a regular basis. I probably drink 3-5 of these steins filled to about 75%. I'm guessing around 3-5.5L a day. I haven't had a true muscle cramp in a long time.

I don't generally drink much water when I get home from work though unless I play sports. If I play sports, I probably consume an extra litre at most while playing/post playing.

@Harvey Specter: If no time to go and work out and burnt out for the day, a nice hot bath with aromatic salts goes a long way IMO.

Reactions: GuitarGuy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Fig Personally at work I intentionally leave my water bottle at home so I make more trips to the water cooler to increase my steps. I just use the 12oz coffee cups we have for the guests, I usually drink 5 or 6 of those at night while working. When at home I use a 24oz bottle and drink another 4 or 5 of those when home (on a work day). So I would say I drink 4.5 to 5.5 litres a day myself.

Prior to this I was always dehydrated and would always have tension headaches because of the muscles in my neck. This has really helped with that.

Reactions: GuitarGuy

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sauna. Do I really need to repeat myself? you guys really should come here for a visit.

https://www.costco.ca/saunas.html

I peruse this more frequently than I like to admit.

Prior to this I was always dehydrated and would always have tension headaches because of the muscles in my neck. This has really helped with that.

Yup. Agreed, it helps, but it's not a cure all. I feel like I deal with weather related migraines a lot less when I started drinking more water, but they're not completely gone.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
found out what my body fat % was according to a machine at no frills today and according to the machine im at 14.0% which is stunning to me because it wasnt that long ago i was probably 35%+ so pumped about this

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I almost picked up one of those foam rollers the other day. Mostly wanted to use it to try and massage some muscles. Worth the investment?

For $20 ish for the long one, I find it useful for rolling my IT band, lower and upper back as well as lying on it lengthwise like this for some relief:

For all other instances, I found a hand roller was more useful, mine was a rubber rolling pin styled stick with certain triangular rubber points that helped to release the muscles.

http://heavy.com/tech/2017/03/top-b...runners-athletes-legs-muscles-calf-the-stick/

If you want one (hand or foam or other types), keep your eyes out at Winners. Usually some of the best prices I've seen. And... if the packaging is slightly ripped, ask if they have one without the ripped plastic in the back. Sometimes they'll offer you a discount if you agree to a final sale.

There are also foot rollers as well as using Lacrosse balls to roll the back.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
So guys I've been getting sick a bit since returning back to Canada. I feel fine during the day, but late at night and during the morning I feel really sick. It could just be the weather adjustment (I mean going from 33 to 10 in a day does that to you), but I also wonder if it has anything to do with my room. Firstly my bathroom doesn't have a door (Thanks previous renter!), although I always clean it up even after a simple shower lol. Secondly the walls do look a bit dirty, but it looks more like spills/drawings rather than mold and shit. Can I take a pic of my room and you judge how clean it is (Please ignore the paper mess on my table, but I doubt that's causing the issue) what may be causing the sickness? It's been what at least 6 days already?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Does the place have a musty smell? Do you feel sick only while you are there for awhile? Any symptoms like sneezing, runny noses, red eyes? If so there could be mold in some of the walls.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What type of illness symptoms?

Get a strong vacuum and vacuum the carpet? Ask the landlord to clean the furnace ducts? We don't know until we can eliminate more options.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Went to the gym for the first time after like 4 weeks (or 3+ months for doing legs cause I pulled my quad) and damn son, them DOMS hit my chest/shoulders like a mofo. Legs DOMS aren't too bad today which is surprising, though I expect them to be hurting much more tomorrow. Leg strength dipped 40lbs on my squat :(; hoping to get back to 225lbs (not much I know) in a month. finally hit 225lbs for 5 reps for 3 sets in the summer, then pulled my quad playing baseball and had to stop and now I lost my strength. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

Hate not going to the gym for an extended period of time, feel like such a bum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad