HC Slovan Bratislava 2018/2019

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
KHL will continue in Bratislava. Slovan has a new financial partner, so there shouldn't be any issues with that. But lets see after 6 months. :sarcasm:

Team is looking for players, all we know, Marek Hrivik is out of reach.

Sport director Oldřich Štefl was released.

Slovan is now in Tarasov division (Dinamo Minsk, CSKA Moskva, Viťaz Podoľsk, Lokomotiv Jaroslavľ and HK Soči).

There is interesting article, where Patrik Ziman says a lot about future.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It's long and it's in Slovak. What about writing down the most important points?
It was done before Gazprom annoucement, take this into account while reading below.

- Hrivik, Jurco, Marincin likely to the KHL, but not Slovan.
- Slovan wants younger team in new season. Scounting Sweden, Finland, Swiss, NA including OHL. They scout Slovak league as well, for example Paulovič from Nitra.
- New general partner will NOT be an co-owner as speculated during season. This partner is NOT Red Bull.
- Slovak league & EBEL would like to have Slovan in their league.
- Slovan pays cca one milion EUR for renting the arena per year. It is too much according to Ziman. The arena is owned by city of Bratislava
- Slovan has debts to management as well, including Ziman.
- Slovan would like to have a B team for Slovak league, but not now, they do not have extra money for it.
- so much whining from Dukla Trenčin fans :D

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Does anybody know about other rumoured players which could join Slovan?

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
There are just two rumoured names from this morning. David Bondra and Patrik Svitana, both from HK Poprad, Slovak top league. But both played really good for national team at WC. Hope there will be more connections between NT and Slovan after Satan’s appointment as GM. Looks like GM Ziman is the right guy for rebuilding our club from very start, he try to repair everything what happend in last seassons and trying to build healt club again.

Reactions: TommySalo

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There are just two rumoured names from this morning. David Bondra and Patrik Svitana, both from HK Poprad, Slovak top league. But both played really good for national team at WC. Hope there will be more connections between NT and Slovan after Satan’s appointment as GM. Looks like GM Ziman is the right guy for rebuilding our club from very start, he try to repair everything what happend in last seassons and trying to build healt club again.

If Slovan catch this duo, i hope, Head Coach will know, what they have. Not a scoring duo. But useful all-around players.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Turbulent week in Slovan.

- Ziman is out because Stefl (sport director or some stupid position) was not kicked out.
- Hardcore fans want to boycott Slovan games because of that
- Vlado Orszagh is the new head caoch. He had a clausule, that all new player must be discussed and permitted by him.
- Martin Reway is out (who could wait something else?)
- Stepanek signed new contract
- Marek Ciliak is the new Nr. one goalie
- Patrik Lamper (f) and Mario Grman (d) signed contarcts
- Rudolf Červený (f) as possible new guy in team. Had 44 points in 61 games in Czech Extraliga

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Turbulent week in Slovan.

- Ziman is out because Stefl (sport director or some stupid position) was not kicked out.
- Hardcore fans want to boycott Slovan games because of that
- Vlado Orszagh is the new head caoch. He had a clausule, that all new player must be discussed and permitted by him.
- Martin Reway is out (who could wait something else?)
- Stepanek signed new contract
- Marek Ciliak is the new Nr. one goalie
- Patrik Lamper (f) and Mario Grman (d) signed contarcts
- Rudolf Červený (f) as possible new guy in team. Had 44 points in 61 games in Czech Extraliga

I doubt Ciliak will be the 1. goalie ahead of Stepanek. Anyway, I don't really care anymore, won't attend any games until there are reasonable people in the management.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
First training roster:

Ivan Švarný, Patrik Bačik, Tomáš Hedera, Samuel Fereta, Jakub Štěpánek, Tomáš Hrnka, Michal Sersen, Andrej Meszároš, Michal Řepík, Jegor Baranov, Michal Vojvoda, Marek Sloboda, Marek Čiliak, Mário Grman, Rudolf Červený, Patrik Lamper, Nicholas Schaus, Adam Jánošík, Lukáš Klok, Adam Liška, Miloš Kelemen a Eduard Šimun

Reactions: TommySalo

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Kyle Chipchura (F) and Patrik Virta (F) signed with HC Slovan Bratislava. Both could be very useful players.

Together with Mário Lunter (F) and young Adam Liska (F). Lunter (24) was under Orsagh in Banska Bystrica last few years, so he knows him well. Liska (18 years old) was last season in OHL. Little bit surprised, he moved to Slovan. There ist much room for such players.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Waiting for that games calendar to (not) get uploaded, as every year:

Kalendár na stiahnutie | HC SLOVAN Bratislava

The suspense couldn't be greater: are they only going to be late uploading it 3 weeks into the season this time? Or 2 months? Or around Christmas time, maybe?

And, are they going to bungle it just like last year, where they entered each and every game in the calendar as an "all-day event", so fans still had to edit each and every game manually?

So many questions to ponder for fans of this (not sure if amateur or pro) team... :sarcasm:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Mid-September gone – still no calendar for the current season, very much in progress by now. No, I'm not going to write them an email this season, too. I couldn't give a **** by now, just like many fans who don't even bother to show up to watch the games in the arena anymore. Slovan is the perfect mirror of Slovakia's society – everything broken down, dilapidated, in disarray. Being dysfunctional is the standard in this country. Good luck hosting the world championships in such a godforsaken province. :help:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Mid-September gone – still no calendar for the current season, very much in progress by now. No, I'm not going to write them an email this season, too. I couldn't give a **** by now, just like many fans who don't even bother to show up to watch the games in the arena anymore. Slovan is the perfect mirror of Slovakia's society – everything broken down, dilapidated, in disarray. Being dysfunctional is the standard in this country. Good luck hosting the world championships in such a godforsaken province. :help:

:huh: Why such hate? Enjoy the game.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It ain't hate. It's disgust born out of the factual observation of how degenerated things are in this country. Slovan is the perfect mirror of that overall state of society. (Both hockey and football Slovan, by the way.)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Soooo, the mystery about Chris Stewart. Or comedy?
he was probably drunk, when he signed the contract, drunk when he didn't show up to Bratislava, and drunk when made a decision to retire.

In all honesty though, when a player does this to the team, assuming his family reason is a hoax of course, there should be legal procedures to pursue against the player.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Slovan plays 2 games in Vienna next week. As a Rangers fan living in Vienna, and a general hockey fan as well, seeing KHL hockey in my hometown is great, and now I get to see Patrik Virta play literally 10 minutes from my house.

If anyone is planning on going to the game and wants to meet up, let me know

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Slovan is also in the PO zone after 4 wins in a row. I must say this team is somehow a lot more competitive than I expected. It has its flaws but it also has its strengths.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
The KHL took an action against Slovan. Because of unpaid salaries from 17/18 (according to club not this season salaries), both Siroky boys are banned. And club cant sign new players.

It is worth for the club to stay in KHL, when they still have issues? Isnt there any other rich man in Slovakia, that will buy it and run it properly?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Well, this is the main issue plaguing KHL and I don't see any proper solution for that in short term. Russia is not an ideal country to create a rich Euroasian league because it doesn't have the necessary funds to have best yet healthy teams. I mean, look at NHL. The money made in this league is mind-blowing. The market is big with huge amount of money and therefore it is always an attraction for the top talents, which in turn gives us a league full of great teams that are financially stable. Sweden has one of the best leagues in the world because people have money to pay for hockey and it is among the best destinations in the world to play top level hockey and make good money.

Russian league could be on par with Sweden but when you have a Russian-based Euroasian league, then you need to up the ante and surpass the expectation of average Russian fan. With the current economic situation, it is impossible for Eastern European, Baltic, Russian etc. teams to be "very good" and "financially healthy" at the same time - they all will have to depend on very rich owners, who are somehow willing to waste millions of € every year to be a punching bag of SKA or CSKA.

I really don't know how KHL will go forward with non-Russian teams. Maybe in 10 years, it will be an indeed wonderful league with stable teams, ownerships of which are fought for but at the moment I feel like KHL is basically trying too hard to keep itself intact.

The only loss they can afford at this point is Neftekhimik or Severstal. Dynamo Minsk have been bad. Slovan have been bad. Dynamo Riga are good for now but I'm not sure how consistent and good they could be in the long run. Both Amur and Admiral are very weak teams with terrible finances and small arenas yet getting rid of them would also create problems for Kunlun and kill the idea of "Pacific Division" immediately.

I never thought I'd quote Donald Trump but well... Sounds good, doesn't work. Just scrap all non-Russian teams and get a 14 or 18-team division like Sweden does. Keep it in the Motherland. "Euroasian" organizations should be founded by some other countries and only top teams like SKA, SYu, Ak Bars, Omsk, Jokerit, CSKA etc. should be included from Russia. The opposite is being done now: trying to incorporate some good teams in a bunch of bad ones. This won't work unless "bad" teams get "better", which I believe is not happening anytime soon as long as most Russians can pay only like 10€ for hockey at best.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well, this is the main issue plaguing KHL and I don't see any proper solution for that in short term. Russia is not an ideal country to create a rich Euroasian league because it doesn't have the necessary funds to have best yet healthy teams. I mean, look at NHL. The money made in this league is mind-blowing. The market is big with huge amount of money and therefore it is always an attraction for the top talents, which in turn gives us a league full of great teams that are financially stable. Sweden has one of the best leagues in the world because people have money to pay for hockey and it is among the best destinations in the world to play top level hockey and make good money.

Russian league could be on par with Sweden but when you have a Russian-based Euroasian league, then you need to up the ante and surpass the expectation of average Russian fan. With the current economic situation, it is impossible for Eastern European, Baltic, Russian etc. teams to be "very good" and "financially healthy" at the same time - they all will have to depend on very rich owners, who are somehow willing to waste millions of € every year to be a punching bag of SKA or CSKA.

I really don't know how KHL will go forward with non-Russian teams. Maybe in 10 years, it will be an indeed wonderful league with stable teams, ownerships of which are fought for but at the moment I feel like KHL is basically trying too hard to keep itself intact.

The only loss they can afford at this point is Neftekhimik or Severstal. Dynamo Minsk have been bad. Slovan have been bad. Dynamo Riga are good for now but I'm not sure how consistent and good they could be in the long run. Both Amur and Admiral are very weak teams with terrible finances and small arenas yet getting rid of them would also create problems for Kunlun and kill the idea of "Pacific Division" immediately.

I never thought I'd quote Donald Trump but well... Sounds good, doesn't work. Just scrap all non-Russian teams and get a 14 or 18-team division like Sweden does. Keep it in the Motherland. "Euroasian" organizations should be founded by some other countries and only top teams like SKA, SYu, Ak Bars, Omsk, Jokerit, CSKA etc. should be included from Russia. The opposite is being done now: trying to incorporate some good teams in a bunch of bad ones. This won't work unless "bad" teams get "better", which I believe is not happening anytime soon as long as most Russians can pay only like 10€ for hockey at best.
Good analysis with wrong results. Especially a part "the opposite is being done now"

The KHL needs to get rid of weak (financially, sport etc) clubs. And that has been doing now. Severstal & Neftekhimik are done, Vityaz is a matter of time.

When you get rid of those Russian teams. You will keep only better Russian teams. Yes, Amur & Admiral are exception (btw. follow Amur), but the rest are good. You will have a hard time to find clubs of their level in Europe. I mean the funding & arenas (including new one). You can find one or two teams in Sweden, a few in Germany & Swiss, non in Czech rep, perhaps one or two in Finland. That is all.

I agree with bold part. Again, this has been doing now.

Regarding Sweden. You say: "people have money to pay for hockey" Ok, pls tell me why the SHL attendance has been worse & worse every season. On the other hand, the KHL attendance has been better & better, not as good as NLA though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad