OT: HBoards Migration to Xenforo Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackouu

Nov 25, 2015
Helsinki
Phew it will take some time to get used to this look. I think that the white background colour is a bit nasty especially when scrolling in bed :blush:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Here's how to fix autoplay videos:

- Chrome browser = In address bar, type "chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy", then select "Document user activation is required." from the drop-down box before relaunching.

- Firefox browser = In address bar, type "about:config", then search for "autoplay" and toggle "media.autoplay.embed" to false.

Reactions: FVM

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think he means more so with the thread names themselves, which are the same thickness and color no matter if you've read them or not.

Yeah, I don't like how the boldness is the same. Makes it so you can't see at a real quick glance how many unread threads there are.
Well, that issue has been solved... only now they have a lame garish huge green dot in place... I preferred the stylish little blue nub, it looked a lot cleaner.

They could've left the blue nub as they fixed the bolded/not bolded issue you mentioned... instead they change the nub to a huge ugly dot AND fixed the bolded/not bolded.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I guess we don't need all the old smilies... they were there for the first couple days, now mostly completely gone.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
How can I hide threads on this board software? I really don't care about NCAA, fantasy football or high school hockey, so I'd prefer to hide those threads.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
How can I hide threads on this board software? I really don't care about NCAA, fantasy football or high school hockey, so I'd prefer to hide those threads.
It looks like, as of right now, that functionality is not available. Things are constantly being tweaked/looked at behind the scenes, so hopefully that's something that gets added.

I am also happy that they made a slight change to the style. Added red lines between posts and made it slightly off-white. It's still too bright for my tastes, but at least I can differentiate between posts now.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Un-sticking this thread for now... Continue to ask questions if you have them. We're here to help.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
any to manually put my browser into mobile mode like before? i use a minimized browser which makes the site unusable in current form

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Things are looking better than the initial switch. Glad they're looking for ways to improve everything.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Am I delusional or is the red line that borders the top of every post new? Like, new as in new in the past week (new even for the change of platform- I swear I couldn't see different posts without really trying but the red has cleared it all up for me and I like it now).

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Am I delusional or is the red line that borders the top of every post new? Like, new as in new in the past week (new even for the change of platform- I swear I couldn't see different posts without really trying but the red has cleared it all up for me and I like it now).

I think it is. The admins received a lot of feedback that people would like a border or a line between posts.

I kinda like it. Makes things easier.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
For some reason I've only been able to see the top half of tweets lately. Anyone else having that issue?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Ad blocker conflict? Try refreshing your browser cache/cookies too and then restart it.

Yeah, looks like it definitely has something to do with ad blocker. I see the whole thing after shutting it off for the site. Thanks, I'll see if I can get a workaround!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Are we ever going to get a signifier added on so we know which threads we've replied to when looking at the thread list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad