Injury Report: Hayes Tweaks Shoulder

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
@PLeonardNYDN:
#NYR announce that Kevin Hayes "tweaked" his shoulder and will not play tonight. Had a tough outing Friday. Unlikely to make club, it seems

All but confirms he will be AHL bound now. Should be good for him to adjust down there with the speed and he will likely be the first call up.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
@PLeonardNYDN:

All but confirms he will be AHL bound now. Should be good for him to adjust down there with the speed and he will likely be the first call up.

not at all.. i believe he will center 4th line of Glass and step

who has shown more out of these centres playing tonight outside of JT and Moore of course?

when Stepan comes back I can definitely see him going back to AHL for sometime but has shown enough to start

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Really like what I've seen from Hayes and really think it would behoove the organization to develop him as a center. Going to HFD to eat minutes as the 1C may actually be best long term. (Someone make sure to tell Kenny G that's the plan.)

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

who has shown more out of these centres playing tonight outside of JT and Moore of course?

when Stepan comes back I can definitely see him going back to AHL for sometime but has shown enough to start

Playing 10 minutes on the 4th line isnt very ideal for his development.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY

we roll 4 lines..

to many people on here are why high strung on development and whats best.. There is no right or wrong way to development... if a kid is ready to play at the NHL level, we're not going to hold anyone back..

he's shown enough to be here and i think as long as stepan is out i think hes the best best for center..

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
we roll 4 lines..

to many people on here are why high strung on development and whats best.. There is no right or wrong way to development... if a kid is ready to play at the NHL level, we're not going to hold anyone back..

he's shown enough to be here and i think as long as stepan is out i think hes the best best for center..

The fourth line gets the least of those minutes and needs to be able to play a major defensive role with Stepan out. Even though Vigneault uses everyone, Moore got less than 12 minutes per game last season.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Oft repeated statement that is not always accurate.

Bill Guerin certainly didn't suffer from 4th line minutes early in his career (just the first example I thought of)

AHB*

For like 12 games?

More about the role then the game amounts. He's not a defensive stalwart yet. Guy has a ton of promise but based on his camp, definitely needs some seasoning in the AHL.

AV loves to use his 4th line in defensive situations. I just wouldn't be able to trust Hayes doing that yet. Better for him to go down, give the 12 games to MSL at center or something and just go from there.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

That's not horrible of course but I trust Mueller and Lindberg a bit more now for that role for 10 games. Hayes will shortly be a very good NHL player.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Sending Hayes to the A so he can get the system and the pace down for how ever long it takes will be good for his development as a center.

Agreed. It's not the end of the world. He has a bit to work on but has showed a heck of a lot of potential. If he puts it together he could be a really valuable player moving forward.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He, like any other player, should have sufficient time to heal, thankfully this appears extremely minor.

Bottom line: HAYES MUST, MUST, MUST be available to us AT C AT END OF YEAR, READY TO TAKE ON BIG GUYS IN PLAYOFFS.

top line mins are the same quantity, roughly (20ish) either here or the A. Since it does not appear that there is huge problem with his fundamentals, and more that he has to get comfortable by returning with Kreider and one other he has to get to know, him being up here makes sense.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
He, like any other player, should have sufficient time to heal, thankfully this appears extremely minor.

Bottom line: HAYES MUST, MUST, MUST be available to us AT C AT END OF YEAR, READY TO TAKE ON BIG GUYS IN PLAYOFFS.

top line mins are the same quantity, roughly (20ish) either here or the A. Since it does not appear that there is huge problem with his fundamentals, and more that he has to get comfortable by returning with Kreider and one other he has to get to know, him being up here makes sense.

Absolutley agree we need that "Big Center" in the Playoffs.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Agree that big centers are needed during the playoffs, but they have to be fast enough to keep up with the game. I think his foot speed needs some major work, otherwise I love what I saw. Kid's got a great head for the game. Made some excellent passes that only someone like Brassard or Zuccarello could make.

LA's centers are what killed us. Kopitar and Carter are not only big, but fast and skilled as well. Prototypical power forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad