Prospect Info: Hayden Verbeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs11

Mar 25, 2018
Hounds Season Ticket Holder. —— Verbeek s a Centre! Hardest worker in the League-never stops — pretty good skills — pretty smart — love watching him!!!!

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Seriously? An undrafted, undersized player who never averaged a PPG in juniors? That’s exciting?
No ones ever excited about a player they've never watched, kids got hands, good puck mover, I'm guessing you never seen his plays before? Don't say anything without knowing.. Shhh

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
No ones ever excited about a player they've never watched, kids got hands, good puck mover, I'm guessing you never seen his plays before? Don't say anything without knowing.. Shhh
If he is so good, why was he not drafted or signed by someone before?

You know people are stretching when you have to tweet that he was 5th in goals in the "danger zone"....not overall.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I will comment anyway I want. I watched him play during the memorial cup playoffs until he got hurt. He did nothing that made me think he was anything special. If he has such wonderful hands why are his numbers putrid? Just curious...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I will comment anyway I want. I watched him play during the memorial cup playoffs until he got hurt. He did nothing that made me think he was anything special. If he has such wonderful hands why are his numbers putrid? Just curious...

but just WAIT till we move him to the wing !

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
If he is so good, why was he not drafted or signed by someone before?

You know people are stretching when you have to tweet that he was 5th in goals in the "danger zone"....not overall.
I guess scouts didn't like what he posed but this kid has some amazing stick handling and they clearly saw that, last season he went 30 goals and 31 assists. With Bouchard with developing in the AHL he will be in good hands to improve his games again... Downside of his injury I guess he didn't get drafted. I see him like those players Yanni Gourde, Johnson, Brayden Point, Desharnais
Richards.. Kids got a small body but he's fast and quick with his hands, able to slow the game down and basically a natural centre position, a lot of poise and good vision.. Want more? Watch. Him. Play. These people are never happy with habs acquiring players..

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I guess scouts didn't like what he posed but this kid has some amazing stick handling and they clearly saw that, last season he went 30 goals and 31 assists. With Bouchard with developing in the AHL he will be in good hands to improve his games again... Downside of his injury I guess he didn't get drafted. I see him like those players Yanni Gourde, Johnson, Brayden Point, Desharnais
Richards.. Kids got a small body but he's fast and quick with his hands, able to slow the game down and basically a natural centre position, a lot of poise and good vision.. Want more? Watch. Him. Play. These people are never happy with habs acquiring players..

I watched him quite a bit. He has limited upside. Either you overrate his skills or you mistook him for Morgan Frost, as aside from the speed and hustle, that's not Verbeek whatsoever.

He has good wheels, great hustle and really good on the PK but he's short, isn't particularly good with the puck, has no shot and not anywhere near the vision you say he does. Guy struggled to put up 30 assists in his 5th junior season with two 30 goal scorers on his wing. He has a long road to the NHL in front of him, barring a ridiculous development curve.

One thing I'll say though is he's a fun player to watch, he's all heart.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
How did he perform at the summer development camp? Didn't hear much about him, Waked nor Alain

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
congrats to him on finally getting his 1st AHL goal. He had a nice shot earlier where he really ripped one which I didn't know he could do as he's not shown much in the way of offense at all. His game is all about speed and effort, hard worker for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->