Pre-Game Talk: Hawks/Wild - tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Will they finally WAKEUP tonight? We all expect a strong rebound game from our beloved Blackhawks and that professional pride will finally kick in to expel the demons of sloppy unfocused and uncaring play of thrir Cup hamgover..BUT if they go meh AGAIN..then get the carving knives out...ready to rip them in rants for mailing it in ahain..do not want another opposing goalie was a wall EXCUSE or to hear how many great scoring chances they failed to finish...or why the PK failed again. .or about needless
Penalties taken...do not eamt to see Another 3rd period squandering of leads..do not want to tolerate Kane trying hatd--+ for 2 shifts...then going MIA or negatory on his other shifts..Want to see team game and all for one...not just for me...want to see all pulling on the oats together for an entire game..not just for a third or half a game only..want to see urgency and compete and total focus to the task..want to see an end to meh...If not. ..the riot squad willbe called in amd these boards will be overwhelmed by irate tirades against all our laz y good for nothing heroes..Time to put up for Team Dynasty and its insistamce that their is talent and a work ethic pn this club..now go out and PROVE IT!

BlackhawksHawkey

Apr 12, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC
Will they finally WAKEUP tonight? We all expect a strong rebound game from our beloved Blackhawks and that professional pride will finally kick in to expel the demons of sloppy unfocused and uncaring play of thrir Cup hamgover..BUT if they go meh AGAIN..then get the carving knives out...ready to rip them in rants for mailing it in ahain..do not want another opposing goalie was a wall EXCUSE or to hear how many great scoring chances they failed to finish...or why the PK failed again. .or about needless
Penalties taken...do not eamt to see Another 3rd period squandering of leads..do not want to tolerate Kane trying hatd--+ for 2 shifts...then going MIA or negatory on his other shifts..Want to see team game and all for one...not just for me...want to see all pulling on the oats together for an entire game..not just for a third or half a game only..want to see urgency and compete and total focus to the task..want to see an end to meh...If not. ..the riot squad willbe called in amd these boards will be overwhelmed by irate tirades against all our laz y good for nothing heroes..Time to put up for Team Dynasty and its insistamce that their is talent and a work ethic pn this club..now go out and PROVE IT!

Thanks for the warning

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm unusually nervous for this game. Mostly because, for my own sanity, I NEED the 2nd line to play well so Q will keep Pirri at 2C.

Also, that third line is absolutely beautiful. They played really well last game and are just annoying as hell.

This is the closest to my "dream" lineup we will get. (I'd have Clendening at 6D and Hayes on the 4th but those are unrealistic)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Pirri is to be our 2nd line C, he should be able handle it regardless of who he is playing with. Not sure if people here want him with Hossa and Sharp to help hide his defensive deficiencies or what. If he needs those 2 to hide it, than he shouldnt be our #2C.

Actually my main concern is to hide Kane's faults if and when he turns the puck over trying impossible feats. Should we take Kane off the top 6? Should we have Pirri lagging behind the play (a la Handzus or Bolland)? No, we play him with (arguably) the best 2-way center in the game and let them perform their magic that they have done so many times before. Why subject 2 kids to covering up for a veteran when it's not necessary? I repeat, balance.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Well, this seems to be close to the lines everyone was screaming for. If they stink it up with Pirri at 2c and Morin at 3c I don't know what people will have to moan about next other than those lines suck too.....

Even though we didn't lose as many players as after the first cup the losses are still stinging. Some didn't like Bolland but he contibuted alot more than just the score sheet. Frolik was a great PK player and former 20 goal scorer. Stalberg for all his faults was fast as heck and I think also a former 20 goal scorer. Emery was replaced with an ancient relic. Also, we had a great veteran presence in Mayers who brought toughness and leadership as well as another tough veteran in Carcillo.

When you take all those players above and replace them all with rookies and a 40 year old goalie its going to make a difference. We shouldn't underestimate replacing all those successful veterans with rookies. It is definitely hurting us early, hopefully the rookies get it going. None of them are looking like the next Saad at this point.

So far though it hasn't been like 2010-11 where the top guys are scoring but the bottom six is a total
liability. The bottom two lines have played pretty well and carried the play a good amount. Bickell is on a goal scoring streak since moving to the third line.. We need our stars to bury more chances.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Actually my main concern is to hide Kane's faults if and when he turns the puck over trying impossible feats. Should we take Kane off the top 6? Should we have Pirri lagging behind the play (a la Handzus or Bolland)? No, we play him with (arguably) the best 2-way center in the game and let them perform their magic that they have done so many times before. Why subject 2 kids to covering up for a veteran when it's not necessary? I repeat, balance.

Why would we take our best offensive player out of the top 6? Pirri isnt even close to our best offensive player so comparing that is kind of silly.

Kane has had much success (as well as Toews) away from each other. Kane was playing his best hockey without Toews as his C. I agree, they are best together, but they play well away from each other and we have won lots of games with them apart. They werent clicking together this year yet, hence the split up.

Like I said, Pirri should be able to handle it regardless of who he plays with..if he is the 2nd line C we are looking for. And I think it will be 1 kid and 1 vet covering up and digging in the corners for our 1 rookie, but prove me wrong Pirri!

Nothingman*

At the Xcel as we speak. As is usually the case, lots and lots of Hawks fans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad