Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Jets - 7:30 pm - No Preds Fans Allowed.....Ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
talk your pre game shit in here...

I welcome all Jets posters in here as well as long as you keep your pants on and continue to trash the real enemy - The Preds...

We can come together for a common cause - A Jets victory and us one more step closer to our franchise changer...

tumblr_pi72m7d3Ry1xkok61o1_400.jpg

tumblr_pi6udsd8BD1xkok61o1_540.jpg

@Zhamnov5GoalGame - you can commence the rivalry here lol...

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Talk about a logjam. Bowman better be working overtime trying to get anything for one of the extras.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I'm not even sure what my ideal D pairings are right now with all three of those guys back. I just know Seabrook and Manning aren't involved. I really hope Dahlstrom gets another look tonight.

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
Hawks on a 1 game winning streak and they have to play the Jets again?:help:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Peaceful Jets fan here. Can confirm Preds suck! :laugh:

Our boys played the McOilers last night and used up a lot of jet fuel in the 3rd and OT. Hopefully they have enough left in the tank for you guys tonight. You'll probably get our backup tendy who wasn't exactly stellar in his last game. Should be a good game!

Good luck and let's hope for no injuries... we'll need everyone healthy on Sunday to face the Bolts.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Our boys played the McOilers last night and used up a lot of jet fuel in the 3rd and OT. Hopefully they have enough left in the tank for you guys tonight. You'll probably get our backup tendy who wasn't exactly stellar in his last game. Should be a good game!

Good luck and let's hope for no injuries... we'll need everyone healthy on Sunday to face the Bolts.

You won't have to worry about using much energy beating this Hawks team........

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

you can even ice Kulikov tonight - and feel good about it lol!!

Reactions: jefferoni

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
you can even ice Kulikov tonight - and feel good about it lol!!
Kuli has been surprisingly solid since returning... we're all hoping he can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

BTW I forgot to mention that the Laffs and Perds don't play tonight so if we win we'll jump ahead of both of them in the standings. So yeah, that'd be a win-win-win-win... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Totally off topic, but I do not care what anyone says about Brian Burke, the guy is awesome to listen to. Watching him on Hockey Central @ noon on Fridays with Doug MacLean is some of the best talk/most insightful shit you can hear...Both ex GMs, and both talk about life as a GM, they talk about their mistakes and their love of the game...if you ever want to try and understand the pressures and what a GM goes through, just catch their show on a Friday, I promise you will walk away with a much better understanding and opinion of Burke especially...

They spent almost 10 minutes talking about how drafting works and how the Director of Scouting is the one that makes most of the teams picks because they are the ones seeing these kids 20 times plus per the last 3 years... the GM will make the first round selection because they got to see much of those kids, but it comes down to the list compiled by the Director who built that off of what his scouting team presented...

They also talked about Mark Stone being a Selke Finalist this year- and rightfully so - he is Hossa lite...a top target for every team next year if he hits the market...

okay sorry, back to bashing the Preds....

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Interesting I read a few days ago Davidson isnt expected back til mid Janurary.
that is why I am thinking a few of these cats likely have no shot for tonight...Gus seems like he could be back, but Davidson doesn't seem likely and Anisimov is on IR so not sure what he is doing out there...

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Totally off topic, but I do not care what anyone says about Brian Burke, the guy is awesome to listen to. Watching him on Hockey Central @ noon on Fridays with Doug MacLean is some of the best talk/most insightful **** you can hear...Both ex GMs, and both talk about life as a GM, they talk about their mistakes and their love of the game...if you ever want to try and understand the pressures and what a GM goes through, just catch their show on a Friday, I promise you will walk away with a much better understanding and opinion of Burke especially...

They spent almost 10 minutes talking about how drafting works and how the Director of Scouting is the one that makes most of the teams picks because they are the ones seeing these kids 20 times plus per the last 3 years... the GM will make the first round selection because they got to see much of those kids, but it comes down to the list compiled by the Director who built that off of what his scouting team presented...

They also talked about Mark Stone being a Selke Finalist this year- and rightfully so - he is Hossa lite...a top target for every team next year if he hits the market...

Agreed ....at one time I was irked by Burke's arrogance but now as a commentator I enjoy his insight - catch that show as much as possible. Maclean, Burke even Kypreos know alot of the inside goings on.... and often discuss without the political correctness, especially Burke.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
Totally off topic, but I do not care what anyone says about Brian Burke, the guy is awesome to listen to. Watching him on Hockey Central @ noon on Fridays with Doug MacLean is some of the best talk/most insightful **** you can hear...Both ex GMs, and both talk about life as a GM, they talk about their mistakes and their love of the game...if you ever want to try and understand the pressures and what a GM goes through, just catch their show on a Friday, I promise you will walk away with a much better understanding and opinion of Burke especially...

I can confirm the part about the head scout mostly making the call. I was talking to Burke at a function before the draft one year. He had picked Macmillan the year before, just before we were going to, we thought we were safe as central scouting had him below where we were picking I asked him about picking MacMillan and he admitted to me that he never saw him play, with MacMillan playing out of Halifax, and Burke being in California. I was responsible for 2 other first round picks, and my GM to my knowledge never saw either play live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad