Confirmed with Link: Hawks trade Pokka to Ottawa for DiDomenico

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Nobody said that. It's simple. Ask for a draft pick or walk away. Keep the 23-year-old Pokka and get him some coaching to see if he can make the step. If he doesn't make it, he should make RFD a better team.

If CD somehow is good enough to play in the NHL for Blackhawks and be better than the kids in the Hawks org, I will take it all back... but I'm not holding my breath that that will ever happen

Apparently they're sitting a kid because they're out of spots on Rockford.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's just plain stupidity if you ask me. At a time where Hawks need prospects, no matter how long the odds are that a later draft pick will turn out to be anything positive. Nice guys finish last. Should be yet another tiny nail in Stan's coffin..... or should we once again blame McD for making the call.

There is no room in Rockford and no one wants him earlier this season. The rest of your post is just jumping to conclusions and trying to make something out of nothing.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There is no room in Rockford and no one wants him earlier this season. The rest of your post is just jumping to conclusions and trying to make something out of nothing.

This coming from a guy who has praised Pokka for years. Just sayin...

He never impressed me but the sample size was puny.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This coming from a guy who has praised Pokka for years. Just sayin...

He never impressed me but the sample size was puny.

Your point?

Me liking Pokka as a prospect has nothing to do with this conversation and is just you deflecting. I was wrong about Pokka as he never made the improvements to his skating he needed to. They are called prospects for a reason. Should I bring up TT or Schmaltz because I was spot on with them? You get some right and you get some wrong, I was wrong on Pokka.

A bit grumpy today?

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Your point?

Me liking Pokka as a prospect has nothing to do with this conversation and is just you deflecting. I was wrong about Pokka as he never made the improvements to his skating he needed to. They are called prospects for a reason. Should I bring up TT or Schmaltz because I was spot on with them? You get some right and you get some wrong, I was wrong on Pokka.

A bit grumpy today?
Deflecting my arse. Just the facts man. Sorry if your ego was bruised.

So, are you now saying that you think Pokka has no future in the NHL at 23? And this was a good move by Stan?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Deflecting my arse. Just the facts man. Sorry if your ego was bruised.

So, are you now saying that you think Pokka has no future in the NHL at 23? And this was a good move by Stan?

It is pure deflection. It has literally nothing to do with what we were talking about. There was zero reason to bring it up other than to deflect from the fact that my answer makes perfect sense. No ego bruise here are like I have said all along you get some right and you get some wrong, I got this one wrong. You clearly were deflecting and still are with the ego BS.

Do I think Pokka has no NHL future? No I think he could still be a third pairing guy based on what he did in the AHL but his skating just did not improve enough for him to be much more than that. Was this a good trade by Stan? This is clearly a loss based on the end result. Do you make the trade again given the facts that were known and the potential that Pokka/Nilson(sp) had? I would say yes because that was the best available trade reported and it allowed the Hawks to keep Oduya which directly resulted in the Hawks winning another cup.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was referring to the trade that just took place. How can anyone dispute that SB should have insisted on a draft pick or look elsewhere to trade away Pokka?
The knock on Pokka is his foot speed but there are plenty of quality dmen who aren't fleet of foot. Stan basically gave this kid away at 23.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I was referring to the trade that just took place. How can anyone dispute that SB should have insisted on a draft pick or look elsewhere to trade away Pokka?
The knock on Pokka is his foot speed but there are plenty of quality dmen who aren't fleet of foot. Stan basically gave this kid away at 23.

They can dispute it because he has already passed through waivers this season. If teams could get him for free and didn’t why would they pay? While the actual answer is not that simple (I believe the team who claims the player has to keep them up) there are a lot of factors in play here. Rockford has an abundance of D, Rockford needed a center, the Hawks will need a center if AA is traded, etc. Would I have preferred Stan to get a 6-7th round pick? Sure but there are just too make factors to look at it in a simple manner. Make sense?

Reactions: ClydeLee

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There are also reasons why a team would not pick him up on waivers (despite having interest) but I hear you. I just think it is a shame that SB gave him away.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There are also reasons why a team would not pick him up on waivers (despite having interest) but I hear you. I just think it is a shame that SB gave him away.

I don't disagree because Stan has found talent late in the draft before.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Officially makes the Leddy trade a complete loss for nothing.
I was never a huge Leddy fan but it is quite disappointing that the Hawks basically got nothing for him.
Well since the original acquisition pricetag for Leddy, & past his prime Kim Johnsson, was Cam Barker. Showing "nothing" for Leddy a few years later is a profit in my ledger. Barker was the classic addition by subtraction player.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Hmm...I follow but I'm not quite sure that's how this works.
Basically it is an easy come easy go situation. When Bowman traded away Leddy for primarily Pokka, at least Chicago got potential help in their transaction, while Bowman completely fleeced Wild GM Fletcher in the original trade. Which every fan saw immediately. Just saying it's all perspective.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Didomineco has a 10 game point streak ongoing in this point where the Hogs are 8-1-1. They're now tied for 3rd in their division 3 points away form clinching a playoff spot.

A lot of people seemed pissed at no future in return but the vet forward adds of CD, Ulf's son Henrik, and Bouma actually, have helped this run for the team while Pokkas had lesser ahl production and still no call up from the down n out Ottawa

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Chris might surprise next year and be a 4th line RW. He was quite solid in Ottawa in his time in the NHL.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Chris might surprise next year and be a 4th line RW. He was quite solid in Ottawa in his time in the NHL.

Bigger surprise would be if nobody else cant take the spot. Our forward group has a lot pieces already.

Obvioulsy a trade could free a spot but I hardly see him getting look.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
He's been great for us. I didn't like the trade initially because I thought Pokka was gone for nothing. But, this was a great deal
Pokka essentially was traded for nothing. Players like DiDomenico are relatively common...a 4A player by the looks of it. Glad you like him for the Hogs, but doubtful he’s ever more than an interim recall for the Hawks. And, when you come right down to it, that’s all that matters.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Pokka essentially was traded for nothing. Players like DiDomenico are relatively common...a 4A player by the looks of it. Glad you like him for the Hogs, but doubtful he’s ever more than an interim recall for the Hawks. And, when you come right down to it, that’s all that matters.

Pokka at this point is nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->