Confirmed with Link: Hawks trade Pokka to Ottawa for DiDomenico

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I actually followed DiDomenico this year, as I am in a few deep keeper leagues, and had him in a few pools.

He's a pretty good energy winger, who can put up points, was looking to be a fixture on Ottawas 3rd line. Their fans were confused on why he got waived, but it ended up being due to the Gaborik trade.

But likely is a AHL guy for us, but a good call-up option to have.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I actually followed DiDomenico this year, as I am in a few deep keeper leagues, and had him in a few pools.

He's a pretty good energy winger, who can put up points, was looking to be a fixture on Ottawas 3rd line. Their fans were confused on why he got waived, but it ended up being due to the Gaborik trade.

But likely is a AHL guy for us, but a good call-up option to have.
but doesn't the hawks have someone like him already in Hino only younger ??

i really can't see the positive move in this trade.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
but doesn't the hawks have someone like him already in Hino only younger ??

i really can't see the positive move in this trade.

We have a glut of forwards, don't really see room for him.

RW - Kane, Duclair, Hinostroza, Hayden, Jurco, Wingels
LW - Saad, Debrincat, Sikura, Hartman, Highmore, Bouma

But Pokka sucks anyways.. meh

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
wasn't seabs contract signed after the 2015 cup run ??

Yes, but the Leddy trade was heading into 2014-15 and the team couldn't afford both at the time (Seab's old deal and Leddy's new deal). So scratch the Seabrook extension from the equation and that makes the left hand side look even better still.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes, but the Leddy trade was heading into 2014-15 and the team couldn't afford both at the time (Seab's old deal and Leddy's new deal). So scratch the Seabrook extension from the equation and that makes the left hand side look even better still.
ok, btw i totally agree with the idea of leddy going b/c of the team's cap problem....... however the statement was concerning seabs contract and i am assuming b/c it wasn't spell out, seabs new contract he signed. which the statement has been said of today moving seab.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sucks Pokka did not turn out. Loss for Bowman minus the cup.

CD is a center maybe this is a precursor to a AA deal?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sucks Pokka did not turn out. Loss for Bowman minus the cup.

CD is a center maybe this is a precursor to a AA deal?
in the realm of the possibilities, this is a very interesting idea.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You also have to wonder if Pokka would have taken his fitness more serious (until this season) if he would have gained the step he needed to earlier. Who knows?

He was really good his first season in the Rock.

I was really high on him but his skating never improved. Oh well you win some and you lose some but I was wrong about Pokka.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
pokka was not going to get a chance here and that was clear when Dahlstrom got promoted. Stan went out and got another typical Q kinda guy in Dideminico....Ray Ferraro thinks highly of him...I don't think he plays but you never know really there is always a need for C's and I suspect AA is going to be dealt

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hawks traded a 23yr old D prospect for a 28 yr old minor league forward?
Why?
a poster came up with an interesting possibility of why..... we just have to wait.

for me, i would have accepted a draft pick. yeah i know it might have been a lower pick.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
DiDomenico has a Long journey behind him and he got better every year. He played his way up in europe and was a late bloomer. I actually think he could Play for us.
I'd say he can replace the depth Wingers if needed or if there is another trade to follow.
Sucks that Pokka never worked out.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
DiDomenico has a Long journey behind him and he got better every year. He played his way up in europe and was a late bloomer. I actually think he could Play for us.
I'd say he can replace the depth Wingers if needed or if there is another trade to follow.
Sucks that Pokka never worked out.

DiDo can challenge for Bouma's spot next year as the 13th forward

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
abr.gif

Reactions: kuzy

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well this is just another in long list of trades that Bowman failed miserably with

Far too often under Stanley this is the end result

What long list?

This turned out to be a failed trade but Pokka was a highly rated prospect when it happened and he was even really good his first season or two here but he never took the next step. This will happen when you trade prospects.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hawks traded a 23yr old D prospect for a 28 yr old minor league forward?
Why?

As we appear to be entering a retool at the very least, I have a hard time imagining that Bowman would trade a young, cheap prospect for anything except picks or younger prospects unless he had no real confidence in the player he just traded away. If Bowman thought that Pokka could be an average second liner or okay third liner, I don't think that this trade happens. Unless he actually likes DiDomenico as a roster guy or as a trade chip, but that seems unlikely.

Just an AHLer for an AHLer in Bowman's mind, if I had to guess.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
As we appear to be entering a retool at the very least, I have a hard time imagining that Bowman would trade a young, cheap prospect for anything except picks or younger prospects unless he had no real confidence in the player he just traded away. If Bowman thought that Pokka could be an average second liner or okay third liner, I don't think that this trade happens. Unless he actually likes DiDomenico as a roster guy or as a trade chip, but that seems unlikely.

that is my thinking. i just can't imagine that no-one sees pokka is not worth a draft pick. but as a fan, we do not have any fo insider with knowledge of the know how.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I can understand why SB thinks Pokka doesn't have what it takes, and will never play for Hawks, but trading a 23-year-old dman for a 28-year-old forward who is certainly an AHLer makes little sense.... unless Stan wanted to open up a dman spot in RFD.

As we know, many dman don't reach their potential until their mid to late twenties. Perhaps Pokka will now get some coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->