Hawks sign Rene Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Finally! I was wondering when he was going to sign and with who.

Good pick up by the Blackhawks. Great skater, great hands. Could be more physical and use some work on his defensive game though (not that either one is not already there).

X-SHARKIE

THis is a very good pick up and I expect very good things from him.

Oilers chick hit it right on the dot. I think his strength is his shot.... I had to face shots from him at a recent badgers goaltending camp...>WOW is he has a shot.

He really has a very powerfull shot that he can put it on a dime, he has a really big snap to his shot witch helped me get a read on his shot.

Phil Kessel on the other hand, his shot you have no idea were he's going with it or where he is going with it.

Good pick up by the Hawks and I wouldn't be surprised to see him a bit this year, although with the recent signings he will likely be an Admril.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I think in 2 years, we could field an all Red Deer- Wisconsin team.... PRetty damn close to it anyway:

M Keith/M Yakubov/M Ellison
J Dowell/A Burish/R Borque
J Walker/C Fraser/M Ford

Okay, we only have Vandermeer on D... but still... ;)

-fullmetalninja

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Bourque is a pretty good pick-up. He has a decent shot to make the NHL (especially the Hawks). His shot is awsome, but could use some work on his skating.

Good job Blackhawks :handclap:

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Good for Rene! I played with him in Midget and it's funny cause he wasn't very good. He was a fourth liner on a pretty weak AAA team. He broke his leg towards the end of the year so I never got to see him again and when he made the St. Albert Saints(AJHL) I was surprised. He just took off from there and really developed into a player. Just goes to show you that if you work hard and get a break or two you never know what can happen.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Zine said:
Bourque is a pretty good pick-up. He has a decent shot to make the NHL (especially the Hawks). His shot is awsome, but could use some work on his skating.

100% correct. Great shot. Not a good skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad