GDT: Hawks @ Sabres 6pm 1/18/24 nbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I thought people would be happy we are tanking, what is wrong with you? Every loss is a step closer to a 1st over all, God knows we need that as this garbage GM can’t sign anyone if not overpaying by double, he learned from his boss Stan the Man after all.
Bottom ten teams can all claim 1st overall…regardless of season performance Chicago will be getting a gem prospect…again

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Bottom ten teams can all claim 1st overall…regardless of season performance Chicago will be getting a gem prospect…again

Ok and what’s your point? Last place still has a significant advantage to get first overall odds percentage wise and we would much rather be there. We don’t need just a gem we need Celebrini.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Don't worry about standings or odds. We all thought that the Hawks screwed themselves last year and yet a timely win or two down the stretch secured us the combo that landed Bedard.

Yes, last overall has the best odds, but the odds are still against last overall picking first. And, yes, I am aware that last overall also secures the least disasterous potential fall, but we're worrying about step 987 at the point when we're on step 14.

Enjoy it when we win, take solace with the tank when we lose, and it's still okay to be annoyed when our offense looks like they're a bunch of blind mice.

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ok and what’s your point? Last place still has a significant advantage to get first overall odds percentage wise and we would much rather be there. We don’t need just a gem we need Celebrini.
I feel like Celebrini is being overrated a bit. He may be the best available right now, but he's not a can't miss prospect like Bedard was, or even close to it.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'd be surprised if the Hawks finished anything other than 31st/32nd league-wide. The only teams they could realistically "catch" in the standings are Ottawa (who has 4 more points and 5 games in hand, but isn't even supposed to be tanking) and Anaheim (who has 3 more points and 1 game in hand, along with much better metrics and overall talent).

Falling behind San Jose also seems unlikely, as they don't have any talent (including 18 year old Bedard) and unlike the Hawks, they don't defend hard and don't have a goaltender in Mrazek to help them hang around games.

Finishing 2nd to last guarantees a top 4 pick at the following odds.

1st - 13.5 %
2nd - 14.1 %
3rd - 30.7 %
4th - 41.7 %

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
also 10 days ago we were worried about tampa keeping there pick this year and now they have won 4 in a row.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
also 10 days ago we were worried about tampa keeping there pick this year and now they have won 4 in a row.

I REALLY can't see Tampa being bad enough to end up top picking in the top 10.

Barring a barrage of disastrous injuries.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
No, he isn't generational, but I think there is a clear separation between him and the rest of this draft.

I think, generational or not, that Celebrini is damn near a guarantee to be a very solid NHLer. Here's how I would compare him with recent 1st overall selections.

Celebrini < Bedard
Celebrini > Slafkosky
Celebrini > Lafreniere
Celebrini < Hughes
Celebrini > Hischier
Celebrini < Matthews
Celebrini < McDavid
Celebrini < MacKinnon
Celebrini >>>>>> Yakupov
Celebrini > RNH

I would f***ing love it if the Hawks were to snag 1st overall again this year. The main board tears would be soooooo salty. I've had friends come up to me and tell me that they would be pissed if the Hawks picked 1st again this year hehehe.

I'm not holding out hope that they win the lotto again this season, even if they finish with the best odds at landing the pick. I just feel like the draft order won't stay as static as it did last season.
:popcorn:

Reactions: Darkstar

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I admittedly haven’t seen Celebrini much. Is he a better prospect than Beniers?

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I listened to the game on the radio last night because I can't stand to watch.

Troy was quite open and blunt, he said that currently there are NO legit top 6 players for the Hawks (in last night's game) Pretty damning IMO

Reactions: Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I listened to the game on the radio last night because I can't stand to watch.

Troy was quite open and blunt, he said that currently there are NO legit top 6 players for the Hawks (in last night's game) Pretty damning IMO
He's right, even the fake ones are out injured right now. The closest to a fake one right now is like... Kurashev? Dickinson is a solid 3rd line center but not a 2nd line center.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Anyone going to start a thread for tonight's game?

5D4DDCB8-45BD-4F85-9348-5ABAB9E422C7.jpeg

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No, he isn't generational, but I think there is a clear separation between him and the rest of this draft.
Yes, at this point there is, but I don't think it will be as large in the years after. It's like most drafts where the 5th pick could be the best player in the draft years down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad