Rumor: Hawks/Rangers talking trade?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
So some guy posts that the Rangers and Chicago are talking and you guys have combinations of Staal, Girardi, and Hagelin traded?

cawmdown.gif

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I'd take sharp in a heartbeat. A good forward that loves to snipe shots is something this team needs so bad.

Of course i wouldn't take him at an arm and a leg. Chicago needs to shed cap space so they aren't in a position to demand.

Sharp would cost us alot...too much IMO. There are too many other teams with prospects and cap space that would beat anything we can offer.
The guy they are rumored to be shopping is Oduya who has one year at $3M+ left.
The only way that trade makes any sense for us is if they are actually talking about including Staal in a larger deal.

No chance for Saad and Morin

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
been a long time fan of jet morin.

local kid. syr stars kid. i know the family. my son played stars with his older brother chad.

very very good shot. has some edge. can skate. 6'1 200 lbs.

i think hes got 30 goal upside.

would love to add him to the fold. doubt they let him go, just resigned him and they like his game.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I hope it's one of the usual suspects for someone expandable on the Rangers. Salary cap is going to play a role for sure. Both teams with playoff hopes and big budgets. Stay tuned for a potential blockbuster!!!

Thesensation19*

Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews are asking for too much money and Kane is expressing concerns to stay long term. Glen Sather has seen this turbulence and entered in with a trade offer. It was hardly any strength to it, in that he just wanted to trade draft picks and some AHLers but as contract neg. with kane and the CBH heated, Sather increased his bids.

Marc Staal has also requested far too much money and length for a guy with his injury history and Sather sweetens the deal.

2015 #1 pick. JT Miller. Marc Staal. Dany Kristo

for

Patrick Kane, #3 2015 Draft pick.

Chicago believes it is too much and talks are all over the place

Thesensation19*

Nah jk... They would never.

Kane did come out last year and say that he cant promise he retire as a Blackhawk. lol
And they are both asking for 12M per, hefty for the BH.

Staal is also uncertain with his future in NY. You never know...

Though I will assume that Sather is brewing something good.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews are asking for too much money and Kane is expressing concerns to stay long term. Glen Sather has seen this turbulence and entered in with a trade offer. It was hardly any strength to it, in that he just wanted to trade draft picks and some AHLers but as contract neg. with kane and the CBH heated, Sather increased his bids.

Marc Staal has also requested far too much money and length for a guy with his injury history and Sather sweetens the deal.

2015 #1 pick. JT Miller. Marc Staal. Dany Kristo

for

Patrick Kane, #3 2015 Draft pick.

Chicago believes it is too much and talks are all over the place

Why would Chicago throw in anything else other than the proverbial towel with that deal?

Edit: You were joking.....my faith in humanity is restored.

TurgePurge*

How are we fitting his reported contract?

More importantly, havent we realized that spending on wingers is not good roster building strategy.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
First I don't give HockeyBuzz any lick of respect because they've earned it. 2nd with the Kevin Hayes stuff continuing, I believe the Rangers are as likely of a spot as Calgary or Florida. So the thread fits.

Hawks are better to move Kevin Hayes' rights to a team he'll sign with rather than let him walk for nothing. The Rangers should sign this kid and if trade/sign gives them a shot before other teams get their paws on him, good. They did it with Erixon, lets do it with Hayes. Send the Hawks MSC and a 2nd in 2016.

Anyone know if Hayes and Kreider have the same agent?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That makes sense, but a deal with Detroit sounds too creative for Glen Sather.

NO.
If we are moving Staal, we have several takers.
If we move Nash, very few.

Holland supposedly LOVES Nash.
might even get Jurco, Larkin and Wings 2015 1st for Nash + Rangers 2016 1st.

Even if not, we'd substantially solve our cap problem, allow for other moves.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
NO.
If we are moving Staal, we have several takers.
If we move Nash, very few.

Holland supposedly LOVES Nash.
might even get Jurco, Larkin and Wings 2015 1st for Nash + Rangers 2016 1st.

Even if not, we'd substantially solve our cap problem, allow for other moves.

Why would we take the chance of swapping picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->