tumblr_lf5qgjpdBl1qztjn5o1_500.gif

Hamilton on the top PP unit.

giphy.gif

Lazar Beams doing another GDT

Go team.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Unchained out? Is he sick or injured? I've been slacking.

Also, good GDT! A fan of all gifs involved :laugh:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
While it is good to see Jankowski deservedly sat I am not sure how a Mangiapane-Bennett-Brouwer line makes sense.

And why the eff is Brouwer on the top PP unit? He shouldn't be in the PP at all unless the Flames are down to only 4 skaters.

Kulak is another that deserves to sit but for Bartkowski?

It seems like everytime GG makes a roster move that makes sense he has to make sure to make a corresponding move to negate that positive change.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've been thinking lately that giving Janko a view from the pressbox for a game might be a good idea. Hopefully we survive this game so we can reap the benefits next game without digging ourselves too deep a hole in the standings.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I've been thinking lately that giving Janko a view from the pressbox for a game might be a good idea. Hopefully we survive this game so we can reap the benefits next game without digging ourselves too deep a hole in the standings.

I honestly liked how Bennett played at C with Johnny and Ferly when Mony was sick, but his mates this game will be of lesser quality. I think Bennett will play C as needed for the Flames throughout his career.

Reactions: Mobiandi

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I wouldn’t mind seeing a

Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer
Bennett-Janko-Tkachuk
2-3 one of these days. Tkachuk maybe puts up more offense away from the shutdown role. Might jumpstart janko and Bennett too. Brouwer is a dumpster fire but Backlund is the only one on the team that can carry him so might as well get something out of 4.5mil. Plus Backs is in a contract year so less points = less money

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I said it earlier in the season but I don't get why GG is so hell bent on keeping the 3M line together. They haven't been close to as good as they were last year and it seems like such a waste to continue to use Tkachuk in a defensive role when we are struggling so much to score.

Ideally (without a trade as I would like a C to replace Bennett on the 2nd line) I would like to see:

Tkachuk-Bennett-Versteeg (I guess Brouwer while Versteeg is out)
Frolik-Backlund-Lazar
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Hathaway

Brouwer-Stajan in PB

But since no chance GG sits his pet Brouwer I guess switch Brouwer with Hathaway maybe? I don't know that 2nd line RW/C really needs someone from off the roster I think as I am not in love with Bennett as a C and Jankowski doesn't have the offensive skills to play in a key offensive role like that.

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
From the Flame's main website at 11:26 this morning:

FORWARDS
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Micheal Frolik
Andrew Mangiapane - Sam Bennett - Troy Brouwer
Curtis Lazar - Matt Stajan - Garnet Hathaway
DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
TJ Brodie - Travis Hamonic
Matt Bartkowski - Michael Stone
GOALTENDER
Mike Smith

I hope that a night watching from the press-box benefits Jankowski.
It certainly helped Gaudreau in his rookie season.

I agree that Bennett with Brouwer has never worked well.
Unfortunately, neither Lazar or Hathaway are playing well enough right now to take the 3rd line RW position from him.

Mangiapane is the only natural LW in the bottom 6.
Bennett could stay there, but then who would centre the line? Lazar and Stajan are the remaining possibilities and I don't feel that either of them could handle it right now.
Lazar is a RH C converted to RW and Stajan is a career long LH C with a little experience at LW.

I'm not at all a fan of Bartkowski, so I'd rather let Kulak work through the recent slump in his play, than see Bart on NHL ice ever again.

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
bennett centering Brouwer ****ing again.

ridiculous. How many times must this fail? Ot Hathaway on that line across Mangiapane like common sense

Unfortunately, there is nobody to replace Brouwer....and your boy Jank deserves to sit. He has been horrible and there cant be any excuse since he played with Bennett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad